How the GOP fooled its own party with the BS of “trickle-down economics”

Corporate lobbyists: “hey, GOP, we will give you a shit ton of money if you suck our dicks.”

GOP: “not yet. You’re moving too fast for us.”

Corporate lobbyists: “okay fine. We’ll just give you a shit ton of money to pass legislation that benefits our corporation and pleases the shareholders.”

GOP: “what? How the hell are we supposed to do that?”

Corporate lobbyists: “Give us ridiculous income tax cuts and rig the tax code so that we can take advantage of generous loopholes and deductions to get save even more money. Just keep the “official” corporate tax rate high. It’s enough to fool your voters as being relevant and worth a damn. Oh, and call poor people lazy and do absolutely nothing to help them because it’s already fishy enough that the deficit will explode. We can’t add unnecessary expenses like that.”

GOP: “wouldn’t it be better for everyone if we just cut taxes for the poor and middle class? That way, they would have more money to spend on the economy and not only create profit for you, but more jobs for them?”

Corporate lobbyists: “um no. We get rich faster if we just save money through these tax cuts we don’t deserve.”

GOP: “how are we supposed to explain this to our base?!”

Corporate lobbyists: “Just tell them that the richer executives get, the more they will invest in wages and benefits for their workers. We will choose not to do that, of course, because we have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profits for shareholders - even at the expense of our workers.”

GOP: “Ready BREAK!”
Tough swimming against the tide isn't it?
It’s better than being you and being washed away with the tide til you’re so far from land that you forgot what it looks like.

Billy are we supposed to pretend Democrats don't listen to lobbyists and in fact are not owned by lobbyists?

Remember: it takes intelligence and maturity to appreciate the role of government. This is your big, fat, federal government right here. Don't you love it? Aren't you proud?

Do you support the Federal Elections Committee to get dark money out of our elections, and make all contributions to political parties and candidates for office completely transparent?

And make it a felony for any candidate for office, and any incumbent or their family member to receive any inducements: job, college admission, money, access to a boat, a car, a condominium or a sexual partner, etc, etc.

the middle class has been screwed for 40 years under these policies

Which policies?
tax cuts

How do tax cuts screw the middle class?

The Trump tax cuts saved me a decent amount and I'm far from a 1%er.

What's a decent amount to you? Two bucks? But more importantly I don't care what you get, the tax bill by Ryan and signed by trump is not reform, it is a FRAUD.

rule #1 when voting: if you care about putting workers first, vote for the democrat

View attachment 265900
my job is to entertain.

you're welcome
My opinions changed during the millenium in ways. Still have concerns but anyone who screws with others gets what they deserve. Well c'e la vee.
rule #1 when voting: if you care about putting workers first, vote for the democrat

View attachment 265900
my job is to entertain.

you're welcome
My views changed somewhat during the millenial era. When I watch people entertaining by killing others in numbers, it is my job to laugh and applaud. You best start paying attention to the loss of rights through surveillance and other ways. I mean who watches the people who observe and perceive.

Corporate lobbyists: “hey, GOP, we will give you a shit ton of money if you suck our dicks.”

GOP: “not yet. You’re moving too fast for us.”

Corporate lobbyists: “okay fine. We’ll just give you a shit ton of money to pass legislation that benefits our corporation and pleases the shareholders.”

GOP: “what? How the hell are we supposed to do that?”

Corporate lobbyists: “Give us ridiculous income tax cuts and rig the tax code so that we can take advantage of generous loopholes and deductions to get save even more money. Just keep the “official” corporate tax rate high. It’s enough to fool your voters as being relevant and worth a damn. Oh, and call poor people lazy and do absolutely nothing to help them because it’s already fishy enough that the deficit will explode. We can’t add unnecessary expenses like that.”

GOP: “wouldn’t it be better for everyone if we just cut taxes for the poor and middle class? That way, they would have more money to spend on the economy and not only create profit for you, but more jobs for them?”

Corporate lobbyists: “um no. We get rich faster if we just save money through these tax cuts we don’t deserve.”

GOP: “how are we supposed to explain this to our base?!”

Corporate lobbyists: “Just tell them that the richer executives get, the more they will invest in wages and benefits for their workers. We will choose not to do that, of course, because we have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profits for shareholders - even at the expense of our workers.”

GOP: “Ready BREAK!”
Tough swimming against the tide isn't it?
It’s better than being you and being washed away with the tide til you’re so far from land that you forgot what it looks like.

Billy are we supposed to pretend Democrats don't listen to lobbyists and in fact are not owned by lobbyists?

Remember: it takes intelligence and maturity to appreciate the role of government. This is your big, fat, federal government right here. Don't you love it? Aren't you proud?

Do you support the Federal Elections Committee to get dark money out of our elections, and make all contributions to political parties and candidates for office completely transparent?

And make it a felony for any candidate for office, and any incumbent or their family member to receive any inducements: job, college admission, money, access to a boat, a car, a condominium or a sexual partner, etc, etc.

Sounds to me like you are describing the UAW or other good ol boy Unions.

View attachment 265900
my job is to entertain.

you're welcome
My opinions changed during the millenium in ways. Still have concerns but anyone who screws with others gets what they deserve. Well c'e la vee.

View attachment 265900
my job is to entertain.

you're welcome
My views changed somewhat during the millenial era. When I watch people entertaining by killing others in numbers, it is my job to laugh and applaud. You best start paying attention to the loss of rights through surveillance and other ways. I mean who watches the people who observe and perceive.

Probably the same ones who fact check in the biased blogs...

Democrats push legislation that also benefits the poor and middle class. Pushing legislation that promises free this and that fueled by the lie that you will pay for it all by just taxing the rich more helps no one. It keeps the poor dependent on the government which might help the Democrats in an election but it doesn't make the poor any less poor and since simply taxing the rich wont even begin to cover the cost of all the programs the left wants the price for it will start to fall on the middle class as well which in turn moves them down to poor.

Democrats push legislation that also benefits the poor and middle class. Pushing legislation that promises free this and that fueled by the lie that you will pay for it all by just taxing the rich more helps no one. It keeps the poor dependent on the government which might help the Democrats in an election but it doesn't make the poor any less poor and since simply taxing the rich wont even begin to cover the cost of all the programs the left wants the price for it will start to fall on the middle class as well which in turn moves them down to poor.

I am still confused by that, what legislation in the past 30 years did the democrats pass that helped me the middle class?

Everything they passed either cost me money or took away one of the rights I enjoyed.

What income figure constitutes the low end of "middle class"? In my mind 60 thousand is a valid number. Under this, it's hard to afford a decent house, safe reliable vehicle, and health insurance, and good food.

the middle class has been screwed for 40 years under these policies

Which policies?
tax cuts

How do tax cuts screw the middle class?

The Trump tax cuts saved me a decent amount and I'm far from a 1%er.

What's a decent amount to you? Two bucks? But more importantly I don't care what you get, the tax bill by Ryan and signed by trump is not reform, it is a FRAUD.

What's a decent amount to you?

I saved about $3800 on about 4% higher taxable income.

Democrats push legislation that also benefits the poor and middle class.......

That's a bald faced lie. What an ignoramus. Democrats obsession with crap like environmental justice, green bullshit, and climate change always makes life harder, not easier, for the poor. And their constant raising of taxes makes business flee states and the country, taking jobs with them.

Environmental restrictions making large areas of land off-limits for building and other housing restrictions that liberals have put in place for the benefit of the environment raise the cost of building new housing by restricting the available places housing can be built, and the poor pay more for housing or having long (and expensive) commutes to work thanks to environmental restrictions on new construction

The left also pushes locally grown and organic food, but local farmers are inefficient compared to larger-scale farmers located farther away. Similarly, organic food is generally much more expensive to produce than food grown by conventional methods so when the Left pushes local or organic foods on everyone (say through school lunches or misguided labeling campaigns), we are raising the cost of food. Poor people spend a higher percentage of their income on food, so higher food prices hit them especially hard.

Democrats push for labor standards, both here and abroad, meaning higher minimum wages (and wages overall), paid sick, vacation, and parental leave, and safer working conditions. These sound good but there is a cost to the poor, as well. Higher labor costs mean that everything the poor buys must cost more. Further, when we push for improved labor standards abroad as part of free trade agreements, the prices of imports go up and no poor workers in the U.S. get any benefits. Higher labor costs also mean fewer jobs; thus, the poor who keep their jobs face some gains (better work conditions) and some losses (higher prices), but the poor who lose or now cannot find a job only get the higher prices

Saving the world sounds great to dopes, but as liberals go around saving the world they seem not to have noticed that all the actions they are supporting are essentially luxuries that make living more expensive.

Forum List

Back