How the Christian Right's Homophobia Scares Away Religious Young People

I am quite involved and close to many of our junior high and high school students are our church. The great majority believe homophobia is wrong, and the great majority believe there is a place for homosexuals in the church community. The hatred as espoused by many so-called christian communities disturbs them, and they vow that will not be the future our prominent small town church here.

Homosexuals should never be mistreated. However, homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament Church Scriptures in Roman 1:26 and I Corinthians 6:9-10.

You are not a member of our church community, Buford, and you are not an authority on scripture. Concentrate your concern on your prayer life on this matter, particularly opening your heart and soul to the needs of others.

So I guess there is no Christian Left who is homophobic..is that what they are trying to sell?

of course it came from, alterworld

It's OK to guess. But we know for a fact right wingers hate the gays.

You are not a member of our church community, Buford, and you are not an authority on scripture. Concentrate your concern on your prayer life on this matter, particularly opening your heart and soul to the needs of others.

I am a member of the Christian Church by faith in Jesus Christ and I am literate and have studied the Scriptures for 30 years.

Your local church does not dictate to the body of Christ. The New Testament condemns homosexual acts and Jesus Christ stated clearly that marriage is a man and a woman. You can disagreee, but you can't deny what Scripture teaches. Your church can do whatever you want and so can every other Christian. People can make up their own minds.

Last edited:

I am a member of the Christian Church by faith in Jesus Christ and I am literate and have studied the Scriptures for 30 years.

Your local church does not dictate to the body of Christ.

You do not dictate to anyone, Buford. Stand corrected and stand down.

At this point, I would NOT be surprised to see either of you yodel "get thee behind me, Satan!"

The nation rejected theocracy at its inception.

Thank you, Peach. I stand firmly for separation of church and state. And I stand firmly for the congregational approach. We don't really care what some yahoo from another denomination or creed dictates at all. Go for it, but we follow the guidance of Joshua 24.

I never dictated anything to you. I said you're wrong and the scriptures are right. I also said you can believe whatever you want. Now move along.

I never dictated anything to you. I said you're wrong and the scriptures are right. I also said you can believe whatever you want. Now move along.

You have every right to your opinion, but your opinion is only that, and a flawed one. You don't like it, who cares?

You have every right to your opinion, but your opinion is only that, and a flawed one. You don't like it, who cares?

I didn't state my opinion. Romans 1:26 and I Corinthians are very clear on homosexuality. Can you read?

I didn't state my opinion. Romans 1:26 and I Corinthians are very clear on homosexuality. Can you read?

You are a literalist. OK,that explains your problem, phar·i·see/ˈfarəsē/

Noun: A member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have... A self-righteous person; a hypocrite..

You can have your opinion, because it is the American way.

Noun: A member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have... A self-righteous person; a hypocrite..

Yes, I'm a literalist where the bible is to be taken literally. The rest of your post is childish.

Straining at gnats again? You blind guide.

Last edited:

Yes, I'm a literalist where the bible is to be taken literally. The rest of your post is childish.

You are a Christian Pharisee with no authority to interpret the Bible for anyone but yourself.

Christ would have counseled you on your self pride.

You are a Christian Pharisee with no authority to interpret the Bible for anyone but yourself.

Christ would have counseled you on your self pride.

So I'm a Christian Pharisee because I believe what scripture says. Fascinating. Good luck with that. I bet you're popular with other Christians you meet outside your group.

Forum List

Back