How Stupid Is This Prosecutor?

Hmmm...I need to hear more of the story. If they were driving off with his trailer, he should have called the police, not chased them down with his shotgun. Vigilante justice is illegal.

If they entered his home with guns of their own and he shot them, that's self-defense. This clearly was not.

Hmmm...I need to hear more of the story. If they were driving off with his trailer, he should have called the police, not chased them down with his shotgun. Vigilante justice is illegal.

If they entered his home with guns of their own and he shot them, that's self-defense. This clearly was not.

If you come upon a road block and you decide to run through it, when you drive by the officers your automatically charged with attempted murder, shouldn't someone who tries to run you down be charged the same.

If you come upon a road block and you decide to run through it, when you drive by the officers your automatically charged with attempted murder, shouldn't someone who tries to run you down be charged the same.

Depends. Did they REALLY try to run him down, or did he jump in front of the truck to stop them from driving off with his trailer?

If they deliberately swerved to hit him, sure. If he jumped in front of the truck to shoot them, that was his own stupidity.

Depends. Did they REALLY try to run him down, or did he jump in front of the truck to stop them from driving off with his trailer?

If they deliberately swerved to hit him, sure. If he jumped in front of the truck to shoot them, that was his own stupidity.

So by your thinking the one driving by the law officer shouldn't be charged that either

I would like to get the whole story. While I strongly sympathize with the homeowner the law is quite clear concerning use of deadly force. If he fired at them while (and if) they were attempting to run him down then he is protected. If however he fired at them while they were trying to get away (they weren't turning around or backing up in an attempt to injure or kill him) then he broke the law.

So by your thinking the one driving by the law officer shouldn't be charged that either

It's irrelevant to the case at hand. I also haven't read the law regarding running through blockades.

The point is...this guy shot at two men. Sure, they were thieves, but were they actually putting him in danger? Something tells me no.

He comes from the same school of thought straight out the Holden camp. Protect the criminal as much as possible, encourage crime and if the victim is White, prosecute the victim! Its liberalism at its worst.

Don't leave out this little piece of information: - Illegals and Have Criminal Records!
One of the thieves, Damacio Torres later admitted to the theft. He and his partner in crime, Alvara Cardano both have prior arrest records and are believed to be in the country illegally.

But they are not facing any charges.

This reminds me of the episode of Spin City where Paul gets sued over getting shot in the head by a security guard. Paul loses.

Recht said, in his experience, prosecutors overcharge cases to force a person to plea bargain. He argued that it's just not right to put a person through that kind of mental and financial stress.

This tactic is just to give credit to the prosecutor, just a ploy to show the public, how easily fooled the public can be.

Forum List

Back