How strong is your Christian Faith?

I'd LIKE to think that I'd stand my ground... but I can't honestly say that I'd be able to.

The thing is... we all know we will die. Each of us that is physically born, owes a physical death. But the fear of pain and the method of our death is enough to make even the strongest man balk.

Much like POW's make false confessions, I consider false conversions in a similar light. God knows what is in the person's heart.

In the Book of Revelations... it is said that everyone will take the number of the Beast or else they will not be able to buy or sell, and eventually will be under the threat of death if they do not acquiesce. But God isn't as interested in one's physical faults as much as what is in one's heart.

IMO... one can profess to be one of the most devout of Christians and even follow God's word to a tee. But if they have evil in their hearts(which we all do) and look down upon other people who aren't able to abide... that is just as much of a sin(even MORESO) than the sinner that they look down upon.

Iranian Pastor Remains on Death Row, Some Reports Say, Christian News

Here's a Christian Pastor in Iran who was formerly a "genuine" Muslim. If he does not repent of his conversion, he could be put to death.

“Brother Youcef remains under the death sentence at this time.”

This is covered in the Bible. That he has not renounced his faith says allot about the guy. I envy him for his faith, and hope that if I am ever in his position that I would be able to hold out.

I'd LIKE to think that I'd stand my ground... but I can't honestly say that I'd be able to.

The thing is... we all know we will die. Each of us that is physically born, owes a physical death. But the fear of pain and the method of our death is enough to make even the strongest man balk.

Much like POW's make false confessions, I consider false conversions in a similar light. God knows what is in the person's heart.

In the Book of Revelations... it is said that everyone will take the number of the Beast or else they will not be able to buy or sell, and eventually will be under the threat of death if they do not acquiesce. But God isn't as interested in one's physical faults as much as what is in one's heart.

IMO... one can profess to be one of the most devout of Christians and even follow God's word to a tee. But if they have evil in their hearts(which we all do) and look down upon other people who aren't able to abide... that is just as much of a sin(even MORESO) than the sinner that they look down upon.

How can someone follow God to a tee and yet not be humble?

I don't know.... either the "holier than thou" crowd have managed to do it... or they are just trying to hide their own sins by pointing out the sins in others. I'm guessing the latter... but that would be a judgment call and as I have said before, I do my best not to judge because I can't read into people hearts and souls.

But yes... I admire the man too. Like I said... I'd like to THINK I'd do the same... but there's no way I couls sit here and say that I would and have it be an honest statement.

How strong is your Christian Faith?

If you support our troops fighting all these bogus wars (because they're leading us to armaggeddon and the second coming of christ), then your faith is strong. Just like General Jesus would have wanted.

Facing death, I would denouce my faith in a heartbeat.

After all, when facing such a threat, GOD isn't going to fault me for choosing to live.

And what is in my heart is what truly matters.

After all, when facing such a threat, GOD isn't going to fault me for choosing to live.

God might get insulted that you don't want to be with him in eternal bliss. And you'd miss your only chance since today's god are very vengeful, i.e., an eye for an eye kinda stuff.
You'd be better off to convert to Islam just before dying and get your 72 virgins.

This story puts the "persecution" of Christians in America in perspective.

Correct, any christians who feel persecuted in this country have no on to blame but themselves. Watch bureacrats on the campaign trail, the most important issue for all of them is proving how christian they are, so if they're being persecuted it's by the christians they elect and the christian society they live in.

However to the OP, this is nothing short of admirable and inspiring. I don't share his beliefs, but he won't let a disgusting government force him to change his mind or force him to lie about his views.

Correct, any christians who feel persecuted in this country have no on to blame but themselves. Watch bureacrats on the campaign trail, the most important issue for all of them is proving how christian they are, so if they're being persecuted it's by the christians they elect and the christian society they live in.

However to the OP, this is nothing short of admirable and inspiring. I don't share his beliefs, but he won't let a disgusting government force him to change his mind or force him to lie about his views.

No Christian in this country knows what its like to be persecuted.

No Christian in this country knows what its like to be persecuted.

Well the underage girls being raped in some christian polygamist groups in places like Texas, but that's a teeny tiny group. I would say in this country they're the only group of christians being persecuted.

Last edited:

Here's a Christian Pastor in Iran who was formerly a "genuine" Muslim. If he does not repent of his conversion, he could be put to death.

“Brother Youcef remains under the death sentence at this time.”

Wow I don't know If I could hold out like that, this guy has a strong faith.

Or he's an idiot who would rather die than just say: ya, sure, whatever. And walk away.:lol:

Wow I don't know If I could hold out like that, this guy has a strong faith.

Or he's an idiot who would rather die than just say: ya, sure, whatever. And walk away.:lol:

I would probably just lie to them and say yeah sure I'm a Muslim durka durka whatever, how are they really going to know anyways? your faith is in your heart.

God might get insulted that you don't want to be with him in eternal bliss. And you'd miss your only chance since today's god are very vengeful, i.e., an eye for an eye kinda stuff.
You'd be better off to convert to Islam just before dying and get your 72 virgins.

I guess I'd risk that.

My God does not get insulted, neither is it a moron's idea of the creator of the universe.

I guess I'd risk that.

My God does not get insulted, neither is it a moron's idea of the creator of the universe.

Isn't the bible full of revenge stuff? And anyways, how do you know your God doesn't get insulted, you ever meet it and ask it? (Is it "it", "he" or "she"?)

Forum List

Back