How Stalin Fooled the World and Why It Matters Today

If that be true then why did Russia just enact laws on July 20, 2016 making it illegal for any Protestant or Christian of any denomination to share their faith with their own children inside their own home, invite a family member to church online or in public? Why did they make it a law that Christians are only permitted to speak about their faith inside a church building or at a designated religious site pre- approved by the Russian government?

Russia's Newest Law: No Evangelizing Outside of Church
UPDATE: Putin Approves Law Making It Illegal to Share the Gospel Outside of Russian Churches
Russia puts lid on Christians sharing faith
Russia: Christians banned from discussing faith outside church - Premier Christian Radio

Is this how you define Russia's support of freedom for Christians? To threaten these people with arrest and prosecution if they fail to comply?

If Putin were to change his mind about this law and decree it unjust I would be persuaded to believe you and soften my opinion of him but is he a man that would consider all of the Christians of Russia and not just the consideration of the Russian Orthodox Church? That is yet to be determined. I'll be waiting to see what he does.

On the matter of the USA defeating the Russian hockey team in 1980... I have already told you why there was never another such victory. The rules were changed and thereafter the American teams were forced to change to "Dream Teams." I should challenge the title, as it is more likened to "Disaster Teams."

You've proven my point quite nicely. I must thank you, Igrok.

In closing, my conflict is not with the people of Russia but rather their government which has not done them any favors.
The freedom is about when each man in the state can do what he wants. Really? If i am the programmer i do not like Putin or whoever to give me advices how to write a code. Also if you are the president why one should give you advices how to do your job best? That is the point. That is why russian do not like revolutions and citizen's rights. Cause it is out of your business. If want to take part in political life - ok, be the politician. That is all.
Secondary, from the 988 russia was built by russian orthodox church. It was untill 1917 year the main religion, absolute majority of russians were orthodox christians. So now russia backs to its roots. Other "christian denominations" are out of russian culture and russian traditions. So, this is russian freedom - to be in accordance with Orthodox Church as much as possible. If you do not know, according to Orthodoxy, this religion is the only one has the Holy Spirit, and God inside it.
And another point is that there is plenty of old soviet people there who really want to ressurect USSR, i hope during the time they will gone.

The Russian Orthodox Church is the only one that has the Holy Spirit? Who told you that? That is not what the Word of God says, Igrok. The Word of God is the final authority. Not the Russian Orthodox Church! There is one common denominator in all cults. What is that? That they alone have the truth. Yes, man has been attempting to control the people through " dead religion & it's rituals" from the days of the Apostles and subsequently the Apostle Paul & his brethren were cast into prison cells for proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What happened then? The Lord met them in the jails and even a jailer and his entire household were saved as a result! Do you recall this story?

And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers, And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city, And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.

And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them. And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:
Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

And when it was day, the magistrates sent the serjeants, saying, Let those men go.

And the keeper of the prison told this saying to Paul, The magistrates have sent to let you go: now therefore depart, and go in peace.

But Paul said unto them, They have beaten us openly uncondemned, being Romans, and have cast us into prison; and now do they thrust us out privily? nay verily; but let them come themselves and fetch us out.

And the serjeants told these words unto the magistrates: and they feared, when they heard that they were Romans.

And they came and besought them, and brought them out, and desired them to depart out of the city.

And they went out of the prison, and entered into the house of Lydia: and when they had seen the brethren, they comforted them, and departed.
_______

You see, Igrok, your government may succeed in causing your people of Russian Orthodox Church to spy on and to turn in those who preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ as Paul and the Apostles did, but they cannot stop the Holy Spirit from performing the work Which He was sent to do! The salvation of souls! This is the work of God and no man, no government, no kingdom of the earth can stop it. The gates of hell shall not prevail against God's church. Who is God's church? Those who have believed upon the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation even as the Jailer and his family did do......this is the true Church! The body of Christ wherever they may be. Where two or more are gathered together in His Name - there in the midst is Jesus Christ and how glorious such a gathering is. This is true church. Not a building, not a denomination, not an organization, no, no, no.... Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty! I will be praying for you that the Holy Spirit visits you and reveals Jesus Christ to you that you and your whole household may be saved! Truly the Lord is merciful, kind, longsuffering and not willing that any should perish but that all should believe on Him for the gift of salvation. It is only through Jesus Christ that we can be saved - by believing upon Him - not our own good works - certainly not by membership to a church - no church membership can assure us salvation. It is a free gift! It cannot be earned! Only Jesus Christ can give us the gift of eternal life and it is through Him that we receive. By believing upon Him only and that God raised him from the dead. He died on the cross for our sins and if we believe this and will repent of our sins (all of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God) and call upon His name He will save us. The offer is to whosoever will believe upon Him. Whosoever means who ever will believe - He will receive that one. What a promise! What love God has shown us! Let us receive the truth and walk in it until He comes again to gather His Bride.
Not only The Bible but its treatment matters. The treatment in Orthodox Churches differs from whose in other 'denominations'. That makes the difference.
Only the King James Holy bible defines who is and who is not a follower of Jesus Christ. Not a denomination. With that, you said, In your country freedom - it is not when one can copulate with who he likes (man and woman), not when you could make propaganda about unofficial religions which make harm to whose who follow it, not when man has to spend all his life to get rich or die trying.....

On all these points I must agree with you. You are correct. We were not given our freedom to walk in sins of the flesh - to become fornicators, idolaters, to preach a Gospel of prosperity which cannot be found anywhere in the Holy Bible. Clearly Jesus Christ had no place to lay His Head! Whatever these false preachers are preaching we know this is not the truth because Christ never preached such a message. The believer in Christ is to lay up his / her treasure in heaven where moth cannot eat it, where it cannot rust....... woe unto the man who heaps up treasure in the last days! It will testify against him and eat his flesh! This is the Word of God but how few are willing to abide in Christ much less endeavor for His Words to abide in them! Nevertheless, though none go with me, I follow Jesus Christ.

Not religion, not a church denomination, not a man with a Tiara on his head or an ornate robe upon his back but Jesus Christ - this is who we must follow. Our need is not one of religion but of a personal relationship with God through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man can come to the Father except through the Son.

A church cannot do this for us. A man cannot open heaven's gates to us. Only by faith can we enter in. The just shall live by faith. It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. What is God's Word? It is written in the Holy Scriptures which are found in the King James Holy Bible. Jesus Christ is the Bread of Life, Jesus Christ is the Living Word of God. Jesus Christ is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among men. Why? So that he could go to the cross at Calvary, die on that cross, God raised him from the dead and by believing on Him we are reconciled back to God.

Until we receive Jesus Christ by faith, we remain condemned in our sins.

I appreciate the time you've given me to tell you what I believe. I must apologize to you, Igrok. I feel I was too harsh in my delivery of American history vs. Russian history. I know full well the judgment of God that is falling upon my own country. When I see certain people who know what is coming talk to my fellow countrymen of pie in the sky dreams such as Trump and Putin's favor towards him it makes my blood boil. It is enough that my country is under the judgment of God. I do not need the very people who know how it shall be delivered to inflict further pain by giving them a false hope that does not exist. If you were in my place, you'd feel the same I suspect. My people do not need to look for a future safety in Trump. They need to look for their future safety in Christ. He alone is able to sustain them in the time that is coming. No human is capable of such a thing. Only Jesus Christ.

If that be true then why did Russia just enact laws on July 20, 2016 making it illegal for any Protestant or Christian of any denomination to share their faith with their own children inside their own home, invite a family member to church online or in public? Why did they make it a law that Christians are only permitted to speak about their faith inside a church building or at a designated religious site pre- approved by the Russian government?

UPDATE: Putin Approves Law Making It Illegal to Share the Gospel Outside of Russian Churches
Russia: Christians banned from discussing faith outside church - Premier Christian Radio

Is this how you define Russia's support of freedom for Christians? To threaten these people with arrest and prosecution if they fail to comply?

If Putin were to change his mind about this law and decree it unjust I would be persuaded to believe you and soften my opinion of him but is he a man that would consider all of the Christians of Russia and not just the consideration of the Russian Orthodox Church? That is yet to be determined. I'll be waiting to see what he does.

On the matter of the USA defeating the Russian hockey team in 1980... I have already told you why there was never another such victory. The rules were changed and thereafter the American teams were forced to change to "Dream Teams." I should challenge the title, as it is more likened to "Disaster Teams."

In closing, my conflict is not with the people of Russia but rather their government which has not done them any favors.
The freedom is about when each man in the state can do what he wants. Really? If i am the programmer i do not like Putin or whoever to give me advices how to write a code. Also if you are the president why one should give you advices how to do your job best? That is the point. That is why russian do not like revolutions and citizen's rights. Cause it is out of your business. If want to take part in political life - ok, be the politician. That is all.
Secondary, from the 988 russia was built by russian orthodox church. It was untill 1917 year the main religion, absolute majority of russians were orthodox christians. So now russia backs to its roots. Other "christian denominations" are out of russian culture and russian traditions. So, this is russian freedom - to be in accordance with Orthodox Church as much as possible. If you do not know, according to Orthodoxy, this religion is the only one has the Holy Spirit, and God inside it.
And another point is that there is plenty of old soviet people there who really want to ressurect USSR, i hope during the time they will gone.

The Russian Orthodox Church is the only one that has the Holy Spirit? Who told you that? That is not what the Word of God says, Igrok. The Word of God is the final authority. Not the Russian Orthodox Church! There is one common denominator in all cults. What is that? That they alone have the truth. Yes, man has been attempting to control the people through " dead religion & it's rituals" from the days of the Apostles and subsequently the Apostle Paul & his brethren were cast into prison cells for proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What happened then? The Lord met them in the jails and even a jailer and his entire household were saved as a result! Do you recall this story?

And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers, And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city, And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.

And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them. And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:
Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

And when it was day, the magistrates sent the serjeants, saying, Let those men go.

And the keeper of the prison told this saying to Paul, The magistrates have sent to let you go: now therefore depart, and go in peace.

But Paul said unto them, They have beaten us openly uncondemned, being Romans, and have cast us into prison; and now do they thrust us out privily? nay verily; but let them come themselves and fetch us out.

And the serjeants told these words unto the magistrates: and they feared, when they heard that they were Romans.

And they came and besought them, and brought them out, and desired them to depart out of the city.

And they went out of the prison, and entered into the house of Lydia: and when they had seen the brethren, they comforted them, and departed.
_______

You see, Igrok, your government may succeed in causing your people of Russian Orthodox Church to spy on and to turn in those who preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ as Paul and the Apostles did, but they cannot stop the Holy Spirit from performing the work Which He was sent to do! The salvation of souls! This is the work of God and no man, no government, no kingdom of the earth can stop it. The gates of hell shall not prevail against God's church. Who is God's church? Those who have believed upon the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation even as the Jailer and his family did do......this is the true Church! The body of Christ wherever they may be. Where two or more are gathered together in His Name - there in the midst is Jesus Christ and how glorious such a gathering is. This is true church. Not a building, not a denomination, not an organization, no, no, no.... Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty! I will be praying for you that the Holy Spirit visits you and reveals Jesus Christ to you that you and your whole household may be saved! Truly the Lord is merciful, kind, longsuffering and not willing that any should perish but that all should believe on Him for the gift of salvation. It is only through Jesus Christ that we can be saved - by believing upon Him - not our own good works - certainly not by membership to a church - no church membership can assure us salvation. It is a free gift! It cannot be earned! Only Jesus Christ can give us the gift of eternal life and it is through Him that we receive. By believing upon Him only and that God raised him from the dead. He died on the cross for our sins and if we believe this and will repent of our sins (all of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God) and call upon His name He will save us. The offer is to whosoever will believe upon Him. Whosoever means who ever will believe - He will receive that one. What a promise! What love God has shown us! Let us receive the truth and walk in it until He comes again to gather His Bride.
Not only The Bible but its treatment matters. The treatment in Orthodox Churches differs from whose in other 'denominations'. That makes the difference.
Only the King James Holy bible defines who is and who is not a follower of Jesus Christ. Not a denomination. With that, you said, In your country freedom - it is not when one can copulate with who he likes (man and woman), not when you could make propaganda about unofficial religions which make harm to whose who follow it, not when man has to spend all his life to get rich or die trying.....

On all these points I must agree with you. You are correct. We were not given our freedom to walk in sins of the flesh - to become fornicators, idolaters, to preach a Gospel of prosperity which cannot be found anywhere in the Holy Bible. Clearly Jesus Christ had no place to lay His Head! Whatever these false preachers are preaching we know this is not the truth because Christ never preached such a message. The believer in Christ is to lay up his / her treasure in heaven where moth cannot eat it, where it cannot rust....... woe unto the man who heaps up treasure in the last days! It will testify against him and eat his flesh! This is the Word of God but how few are willing to abide in Christ much less endeavor for His Words to abide in them! Nevertheless, though none go with me, I follow Jesus Christ.

Not religion, not a church denomination, not a man with a Tiara on his head or an ornate robe upon his back but Jesus Christ - this is who we must follow. Our need is not one of religion but of a personal relationship with God through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man can come to the Father except through the Son.

A church cannot do this for us. A man cannot open heaven's gates to us. Only by faith can we enter in. The just shall live by faith. It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. What is God's Word? It is written in the Holy Scriptures which are found in the King James Holy Bible. Jesus Christ is the Bread of Life, Jesus Christ is the Living Word of God. Jesus Christ is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among men. Why? So that he could go to the cross at Calvary, die on that cross, God raised him from the dead and by believing on Him we are reconciled back to God.

For you (protestants) the faith is something that you have to do without answer. That is why your commentaries look like they are without foundation in experience. In orthodoxy there is spiritual delusion('prelest'), this word means the state, when man confuse the Holy Spirit with the devil's actions.

Read about this. For example, here: Archpriest Andrew Phillips. ‘Prelest’ and Conversion / OrthoChristian.Com

_______

For you (protestants) the faith is something that you have to do without answer. That is why your commentaries look like they are without foundation in experience. In orthodoxy there is spiritual delusion('prelest'), this word means the state, when man confuse the Holy Spirit with the devil's actions.

Read about this. For example, here: Archpriest Andrew Phillips. ‘Prelest’ and Conversion / OrthoChristian.Com

I am not sure of what commentaries you are referring to, Igrok. Our faith is set upon the Rock of ages, Jesus Christ. We stand on the Word of God which is pure. Therein there can be no confusion about what is of God and what is not of God. The very Word of God is what we are standing upon. Not the doctrines of men, but the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. God's Word shall endure for ever.

_______

Try containing this inside the 4 walls of a church building. It is impossible! The whole earth declares His Glory!

And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. Luke 19:40

_______

Try containing this inside the 4 walls of a church building. It is impossible! The whole earth declares His Glory!

And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. Luke 19:40

That is all about soul. Religion is about spirit. But you do not know, what is it.

I am an American living in Europe, and I can see that Americans will never comprehend that happiness is not all about running after things to catch up with them after you sell them out.

Futhermore, originally he was a murderer not as a politician, but in common sense. During his job in communist party in the early 20th century he was killing and robbing people as a member of a gang. All the communists - were more or less connected with criminal world, gangsters - were their allies as the class that had nothing to lose and most opposed to Russia.
Reminds you of Vladimir Putin, doesn't it?
not really. In his young ages Putin was an excellent pupil, was good in judo. Nowadays according to his very strange laws he makes me think a lot of about USSR resurrection, but still i hope that this is just an illusion
I think what Putin sees is that his homeland is being divided by unnamed powers behind France and the EU once again, like kolchak, denikin, and other anti revolutionary generals tried to divide Soviet Russia for France during ww1. It would be bad news if Putin recreates Soviet Russia, but what other options are possible under this renewed isolation by the "international community"?
In Soviet time the will to isolate the country was on the USSR's side. Nowadays Russia seeks methods to get rid of it. And finds it. In all cases (equipment provision or other interactions) Russia gets what it wants, because it is profitable for both sides. And if US or Europe do not want to provide their service, it is possible to have interaction with Asia or Middle East to get this (or get american production via "special purpose vehicle"). There is no problem here.
Here is the difference between the history of America and Russia. American history - her greatest victories - inventions - massive wealth - prosperity - were because of her faith in God and being called of God to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. No other nation on the face of the earth has ever been blessed the way the United States has been. So America's blessings have come from God and our chastisement has and will come from God because we are not illegitimate children of God Almighty.

The history of Russia can make no such claim. Their greatest victories were accomplished through communism, deception, lies, mass murder and satanic endeavors. There was never a Russian government that sought the Lord Jesus Christ for success - no - your history is full of dark days of mass murderers, killing your own people, starving your own people, Gulags, Siberian wastelands, nothing but misery and hangovers from too much vodka........no wonder the term became famous "Russian Brides"........who would want this? Drunken communists / wife beaters / railers are not what little girls grow up dreaming to marry, you know... Even Stalin's daughter defected to the USA. Who could blame her?

The truth is the dream of the Russian woman was to come to America because there was a time when America was known and called "The American Dream." American men were known to be among the most valiant soldiers, noble, kind hearted, successful and generous. All characteristics of Christian men. There was a time when such men were plentiful in America...

Russia has no such history. The world never knew any such title, The Russian dream. Russian Gulag? Yes. But who wants that?

Listen to me. When it comes to Olympics - we used nothing more than a JV team to crush the Russians in the 1980's Hockey Olympic title. How did this happen. I will tell you how. Your leaders do not understand the importance of freedom and the human spirit.

I mean true freedom. Freedom of the press, freedom of religion, freedom to vote in fair elections, freedom to start a business and prosper from it.

Your people defected from Russia because they wanted freedom from oppression, freedom from Kremlin, KGB and secret police. Freedom from big brother. Freedom from starvation and poverty. They wanted to live their lives in a free country and therein they chose to live in America rather than Russia. Again - who could blame them? These people were created in the image of God and it is stamped upon their very soul to desire to be free and know God! It is most natural to have such desires. God gave mankind the desire for freedom!

The truth is the truth. I pity the Russian people. They have been brainwashed to believe lies against America and her people. America's history was to stand on the side of those who were oppressed. Which is why we fought for their liberty while your country sided with their persecutors and fought to see them remain slaves.

Your country has done nothing but brought you shame. Your country has allies like North Korea, Cuba and China because this is their character. Godless, soulless men who live off of the labor of others like parasites. It's a disgraceful heritage. I do understand why your people try so desperately to deflect the truth about their Motherland - Stratford and Tehon would seek to convince the American people all blame should be on America - but by the facts and foundation American history? You have all been proven dead wrong.

* On the subject of the defeat Russian hockey team suffered in 1980 - they cried like babies until they could change the rules of the game and force America to accept the "Dream Team" rules - since then? No more wins for America. You see, the Russians (government) cannot win fairly. They must go behind the scenes and cheat, lie, steal, corrupt, bribe, murder........how do you think they sold their Marxist propaganda to this past generation of students in American colleges and Universities?

Again, I pity the people of Russia. Yes, Putin will invade America (with his communist nation allies) when China invades Taiwan and USA responds......but you should know that although the Lord uses the wicked for his sword (Psalm 17) - when he is finished - he will bring his judgment upon you and your country. Then where will you be?

I pray you will do the right thing now and get on your hands and knees and repent of your sins and cry out for mercy to the Lord Jesus Christ. You have no idea what you are getting into. None at all. Take my Word for it.

It is possible that Putin is like a king that sees a tightly programmed international community trying to loot his people's villages. It is not the first time when the international community takes people off the map. What is a christian king supposed to do when such an enemy is stepping on his people?

NUCLEAR NOSTALGIA
Why the Left loved Stalin’s atomic bomb.
August 29, 2017

Lloyd Billingsley
stalin.jpg

Fiftieth anniversaries tend to be the last, but not with war in general and nuclear weapons in particular. Every August 6, the day the United States dropped the atom bomb on Japan in 1945, the articles appear like clockwork, all with the same theme Gar Alperovitz outlined in The Nation in 2015, on the 70th anniversary of Hiroshima.

The bomb was dropped, the U.S. generals said, to save the lives of thousands of Americans who would otherwise have been killed in an invasion of Japan, and brought the war to a close. For Alperovitz, that story is “largely myth,” and the USA was simply indulging malice, inflicting revenge, and above all scaring the Soviet Union with a demonstration of American military might.

For Peter Kuznick, co-author with Oliver Stone of The Untold History of the United States,President Truman “knew he was beginning the process of annihilation of the species,” so dropping the bomb was “not just a war crime; it was a crime against humanity.” And so forth, every August 6. A better day to remember would be August 29.

On that day in 1949, at a remote site in Semipatalinsk, Kazakhstan, Josef Stalin’s USSR denoted a 20-kiloton atom bomb codenamed “First Lightning.” The Soviet scientists who worked on the bomb were honored as “Heroes of Socialist Labor,” but they had plenty of help from American Communists.

Likewise, the American left has never been anti-war or anti-nuclear. The American left only opposes any American or Western advantage or victory in any conflict. Those are realities to remember on August 29, 2017, the 68th anniversary of Stalin’s “First Lightning” nuclear explosion, achieved with the assistance of American Stalinist spies.

Nuclear Nostalgia

Forum List

Back