How Specifically has al Qaeda "Distorted and Defiled Islam"?

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
"As we know, these men belonged to al Qaeda – a group of extremists who have distorted and defiled Islam, one of the world’s great religions, to justify the slaughter of innocents." - President Obama @ Westpoint

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | President Obama's Address to the Nation on Afghanistan

^That is a Common Tune from those who want to Ignore the Consistent Bloodshed, Targeting of Women and Children in Battle, the Oppression and Murder of Minority Groups, and the Execution of "Infidels" Worldwide when they are Excusing what Islam has Done and Continues to do almost EVERY Day around the Globe...

But I want to Know, how has al Qaeda "Distorted and Defiled Islam".

I want Specifc Passages that either Support al Qaeda and other "Militant" Group's "Jihad", or I want Passages that Denounce what they are doing.

:)

peace...

Targeting of Women and Children in Battle

We will begin here.

Whoever goes aright, for his own soul does he go aright; and whoever goes astray, to its detriment only does he go astray. And no bearer of a burden can bear the burden of another. Nor do We chastise until We raise a messenger. - 17:15

Narrated 'Abdullah: During some of the battles of the Prophet a woman was found killed. Allah's Apostle disapproved the killing of women and children. - Sahih Bukhari, "Jihad", no. 257

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: During some of the battles of Allah's Apostle a woman was found killed, so Allah's Apostle forbade the killing of women and children. - Sahih Bukhari, "Jihad", no. 258

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that a woman was found killed in one of the battles fought by the Messenger of Allah. He disapproved of the killing of women and children. - Sahih Muslim, "Jihad w'as-Siyar", no. 4319

It is narrated by Ibn 'Umar that a woman was found killed in one of these battles; so the Messenger of Allah forbade the killing of women and children. - Sahih Muslim, "Jihad w'as-Siyar", no. 4320

Narrated Anas ibn Malik: The Prophet said: "Go in Allah's name, trusting in Allah, and adhering to the religion of Allah's Apostle. Do not kill a decrepit old man, or a young infant, or a child, or a woman; do not be dishonest about plunder, but collect your gains, do right, and act well, for Allah loves those who do good." - Sunan Abu Dawud, "Jihad", no. 2608

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab that a son of Kab ibn Malik (Malik believed that ibn Shihab said it was Abd ar-Rahman ibn Kab) said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, forbade those who fought ibn Abi Huqayq to kill women and children. He said that one of the men fighting had said, 'The wife of ibn Abi Huqayq began screaming and I repeatedly raised my sword against her. Then I would remember the prohibition of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, so I would stop. Had it not been for that, we would have been rid of her.' " - Malik's Muwatta, "Jihad", no. 3.8

Yahya related to me from Malik from Nafi from Ibn Umar that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, saw the corpse of a woman who had been slain in one of the raids, and he disapproved of it and forbade the killing of women and children. - Malik's Muwatta, "Jihad", no. 3.9

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that Abu Bakr as-Siddiq was sending armies to ash-Sham. He went for a walk with Yazid ibn Abi Sufyan who was the commander of one of the battalions. It is claimed that Yazid said to Abu Bakr, "Will you ride or shall I get down?" Abu Bakr said, "I will not ride and you will not get down. I intend these steps of mine to be in the way of Allah." Then Abu Bakr advised Yazid, "You will find a people who claim to have totally given themselves to Allah. Leave them to what they claim to have given themselves. You will find a people who have shaved the middle of their heads, strike what they have shaved with the sword. "I advise you ten things: Do not kill women or children or an aged, infirm person. Do not cut down fruit-bearing trees. Do not destroy an inhabited place. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly." - Malik's Muwatta, "Jihad", no. 3.10​

We end here

While the Shafi'ee's agreed that while, this is the general rule or guideline for war, there are special cases and situations, as is proven by the following hadeeth. As Sab Ibn Juthamah said:

"The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam) was asked about attacking the Mushrikeen at night time, where women and children get hit (un-intentionally). He (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam) replied:

"They are from them. (i.e. the attack should not be stopped because of the presence of women and children.)" [Narrated by Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, At Tirmidhee etc.]

Another hadeeth supports this opinion; At Tirmidhee narrates:

"The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam) used Minjaneek (Mangonel ballista) to bombard the people of At Taa'if."

(And it is known that the people of the city of At Taa'if had all their families with them inside their castles.)

As well, a third hadeeth supports this argument. Salmah Ibn Al Akwa said:

"We attacked Houzan (tribe) at night time with Abu Bakr As Siddiq, after the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam) assigned him as the Ameer for this attack." [Narrated by Ahmad and Abu Dawood].

The above two attacks, i.e. that of At Taa'if and Houzan, were towards the end of the Prophet's (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam) life. (So it can not be said that this rule is invalid and was replaced by a different ruling, as some might argue).

We end here

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 256:
Narrated As-Sab bin Jaththama:
The Prophet passed by me at a place called Al-Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet
6 Master Minds of Terror, p.36
7 Hughes Dictionary of Islam, p.139
8 Dashti, p.86
9Hughes Dictionary of Islam, p.139
The Root of Terrorism a la Islamic Style 16
replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." I also heard the Prophet saying, "The institution of Hima is invalid except for Allah and His Apostle."
This Hadith clearly says that in his terror operations Muhammad did not even want to spare the women and children of the infidels.

The Prophet passed by me at a place called Al-Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet
8 Dashti, p.86
replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." I also heard the Prophet saying, "The institution of Hima is invalid except for Allah and His Apostle."
This Hadith clearly says that in his terror operations Muhammad did not even want to spare the women and children of the infidels.

"Mr.Kalam" is a sanctimonious gasbag who takes the narrowest interpretation of Islam, disposes of Islamic history ,and claims he is the source of Islamic understanding .
He wishes all to imagine only he knows real Islam.
Anyone who has a different interpretation is "Unislamic"

It doesn't take long to prove his interpretation does not represent mainstream traditional Islam.
His jihad is to camouflage Islam behind whatever cloak he can invent on the spot .
His efforts are transparent and juvenile .

We end here

8 Dashti, p.86

8 Dashti, p.86
As with most of your posts, I was not able to make much out of this incoherent jumble. I'm assuming that you're referring to the following report:

Narrated As-Sab bin Jaththama: The Prophet passed by me at a place called Al-Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They are from them." I also heard the Prophet saying, "The institution of Hima is invalid except for Allah and His Apostle." - Sahih Bukari, "Jihad", no. 256​

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. Why would any rational person allow the possibility of collateral damage to prevent them from carrying out crucial operations against enemy forces? The targeting of women and children is unequivocally forbidden, which is clear to anyone who reads Bukhari's book of Jihad in context (specifically the two reports that follow the one above, both of which I quoted earlier.) It is simply not a sin if innocent deaths occur after all realistic precautions have been taken to avoid them. :eusa_eh:

For my own enjoyment, we will now compare this divine ethical system to the barbaric corruption of God's word that you revere:

the LORD our God delivered him over to us and we struck him down, together with his sons and his whole army. At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them—men, women and children. We left no survivors. But the livestock and the plunder from the towns we had captured we carried off for ourselves. - Deut. 2:33-35

We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city—men, women and children. But all the livestock and the plunder from their cities we carried off for ourselves. - Deut. 3:6-7

However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. - Deut. 20:16

They devoted the city to the LORD and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys. - Joshua 6:21

Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle. "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. - Numbers 31:13-18

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys. - 1 Samuel 15:3

Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished. - Isaiah 13:15-16

The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open. - Hosea 13:16

As I listened, he said to the others, "Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were in front of the temple. - Ezekial 9:5-6

"Mr.Kalam" is a sanctimonious gasbag who takes the narrowest interpretation of Islam, disposes of Islamic history,
:lol:

Kalam said:
"Concerning the saying of Allah, 'Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight you and do not trangress the limits. Indeed, Allaah does not love those who trangress': The killing of women and children is included within this, and so are those who are not involved in warfare."

- Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz, an-Nawadir wa az-Ziyadat, vol. III, p. 57

"The fact that someone disbelieves does not prevent us from being just to him, and our dealing with them (in a state of war) should only be restricted to fighting or capturing them if they deserve so. And it is not permissible for us to retaliate in the same manner, even if they kill our women and children and cause sorrow to befall us, it is not permissible for us to act likewise with the intention of making them feel grief and sorrow."

- Imam al-Qurtubi, Tafsir al-Qurtubi, commentary on v. 5:8

"...So it was allowed for the believers to fight in defending themselves and to retaliate against those who evicted them from their homes and prevented them from the tawheed of Allah and worship of Him, and women are not included from those who do this. Then, it was prescribed for them to fight absolutely, and this is explained in His saying, 'Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight you.' So those people who are nor people of combat are not permitted to be fought against.

The foundation is that the blood of Adam's progeny is sanctified and inviolable, and no one is killed except with right. Killing due to kufr is not something which the legislations have agreed upon at any one time of the shariah, such as killing the one who sits out of combat, for this is something that the legislations and intellect do not differ over. The blood of a disbeliever during the early history of Islam was sanctified and inviolable just like the original sanctity of a person. Allah prevented the Muslims from killing such a disbeliever."

- Ibn Taymiyyah, as-Sarim al-Masluul 'ala Shatim ar-Rasul, pp. 101-104

"Killing is only obligatory when facing warfare and armed combat -- not when facing kufr. For this reason, neither women are to be killed nor children, nor the elderly, nor the blind, nor those worshipers who do not fight; rather, we fight against those who fight us. This was the way of the Messenger of Allah in dealing with the people of the earth: he used to fight those who fought against him until they either entered into the deen, make an agreement or treaty with him, or came under his authority by paying the jizya. This is what he used to tell his armies if they fought against their enemies, as has preceded from the Hadith of Buraydah."

- Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya, Ahkaam Ahl adh-Dhimma, vol. I, p. 17

Let us watch as the writings of these enormously influential Islamic scholars are dismissed with a string of pitiful one-liners or a lame cutn'paste. :popcorn:

and claims he is the source of Islamic understanding .
He wishes all to imagine only he knows real Islam.
Anyone who has a different interpretation is "Unislamic"
Yes, that must be why I incorporate arguments from Muslims of all ideological and jurisprudential persuasions into my own explanations. You sure called that one. :lol:

It doesn't take long to prove his interpretation does not represent mainstream traditional Islam.
His jihad is to camouflage Islam behind whatever cloak he can invent on the spot . His efforts are transparent and juvenile .
This? "jihad"? :lol:

No, sir, this is merely diversion. You're welcome to insult me as much as you'd like; I become happy when I read your posts and remind myself that no matter how low I sink, I'll never quite reach the level of a douchebag who spends his free time foaming at the mouth and polemicizing over a religion he does not understand. :lol:

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. Why would any rational person allow the possibility of collateral damage to prevent them from carrying out crucial operations against enemy forces?

Enemies Islam created, enemies whose crime was rejecting Islam there for depriving Mohammad of the adulation and prestige he required.

Mohammad "crucial operation" was raiding caravans to steal the goods, taking hostages for ransom and killing to terrorize.

Standard practice in Islam.

The Koran teaches nothing but hate toward the so called "Non-Believer", then they wonder why we think their religion is pretty crazy, It's not the 15th Century anymore..

Hell if you thought of Converting to a Different Religion you were stoned to death.

Wait, that still happens today..

I don't see how people can follow a False Prophet who married a 6 year old..

Last edited:
Yes, that must be why I incorporate arguments from Muslims of all ideological and jurisprudential persuasions into my own explanations. You sure called that one.

:

According to Ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawani a 10th century Maliki jurist:
Jihad is a precept of Divine institution. Its performance by certain individuals may dispense others from it. We Malikis maintain that it is preferable not to begin hostilities with the enemy before having invited the latter to embrace the religion of Allah except where the enemy attacks first. They have the alternative of either converting to Islam or paying the poll tax (jizya), short of which war will be declared against them.

According to al-Mawardi an 11th Century Shafi'i jurist
The mushrikun [infidels] of Dar al-Harb (the arena of battle) are of two types: First, those whom the call of Islam has reached, but they have refused it and have taken up arms. The amir of the army has the option of fighting them…in accordance with what he judges to be in the best interest of the Muslims and most harmful to the mushrikun… Second, those whom the invitation to Islam has not reached, although such persons are few nowadays since Allah has made manifest the call of his Messenger…it is forbidden to…begin an attack before explaining the invitation to Islam to them, informing them of the miracles of the Prophet and making plain the proofs so as to encourage acceptance on their part; if they still refuse to accept after this, war is waged against them and they are treated as those whom the call has reached…

Ibn Taymiyya , a 14th Century Hanbali jurist15
Since lawful warfare is essentially jihad and since its aim is that the religion is God's entirely and God's word is uppermost, therefore according to all Muslims, those who stand in the way of this aim must be fought. As for those who cannot offer resistance or cannot fight, such as women, children, monks, old people, the blind, handicapped and their likes, they shall not be killed unless they actually fight with words (e.g. by propaganda) and acts (e.g. by spying or otherwise assisting in the warfare).

In the Hidayah, vol. Ii. P. 140 (Hanafi school)
It is not lawful to make war upon any people who have never before been called to the faith, without previously requiring them to embrace it, because the Prophet so instructed his commanders, directing them to call the infidels to the faith, and also because the people will hence perceive that they are attacked for the sake of religion, and not for the sake of taking their property, or making slaves of their children, and on this consideration it is possible that they may be induced to agree to the call, in order to save themselves from the troubles of war… If the infidels, upon receiving the call, neither consent to it nor agree to pay capitation tax, it is then incumbent on the Muslims to call upon God for assistance, and to make war upon them, because God is the assistant of those who serve Him, and the destroyer of His enemies, the infidels, and it is necessary to implore His aid upon every occasion; the Prophet, moreover, commands us so to do."

Ibn Khaldun the 15th century Tunisian Historian states
In the Muslim community, the holy war is a religious duty, because of the universalism of the Muslim mission and the obligation to convert everybody to Islam either by persuasion or by force... The other religious groups did not have a universal mission, and the holy war was not a religious duty for them, save only for purposes of defense... Islam is under obligation to gain power over other nations.

Al-Ghazali, a Sufi orthodox Muslim, and follower of the Shafi’i school of Islamic jurisprudence, wrote this about jihad war and the treatment of the vanquished non-Muslim dhimmi peoples, in the Wadjiz: [4]

[O]ne must go on jihad (i.e., warlike razzias or raids) at least once a year…one may use a catapult against them [non-Muslims] when they are in a fortress, even if among them are women and children. One may set fire to them and/or drown them…If a person of the Ahl al-Kitab [People of The Book – primarily Jews and Christians] is enslaved, his marriage is [automatically] revoked…One may cut down their trees…One must destroy their useless books. Jihadists may take as booty whatever they decide…they may steal as much food as they need…
[T]he dhimmi is obliged not to mention Allah or His Apostle…Jews, Christians, and Majians must pay the jizya [poll tax on non-Muslims]…on offering up the jizya, the dhimmi must hang his head while the official takes hold of his beard and hits [thedhimmi] on the protruberant bone beneath his ear [i.e., the mandible]… They are not permitted to ostentatiously display their wine or church bells…their houses may not be higher than the Muslim’s, no matter how low that is. The dhimmi may not ride an elegant horse or mule; he may ride a donkey only if the saddle [-work] is of wood. He may not walk on the good part of the road. They [the dhimmis] have to wear [an identifying] patch [on their clothing], even women, and even in the [public] baths…[dhimmis] must hold their tongue….

Legal war (jihad) is an obligatory social duty (fard-kifaya); when one group of Moslems guarantees that it is being carried out in a satisfactory manner, the others are exempted.
The jihad becomes a strictly binding personal duty (fard-‘ain) for all Moslems who are enlisted or whose country has been [invaded] by the enemy. It is obligatory only for free men who have reached puberty, are endowed with reason and capable of fighting. Jihad is the best of the works of supererogation. Abu Huraira relates that “The Prophet, when asked what was the best of all works, replied: Belief in God [and in His Prophet].– And then? someone asked him. – War for God’s cause, then a pious pilgrimage.” Abu Sa’id reports also that the Prophet, when asked who was the best of all men, replied, “He who fights for God’s cause, personally and with his goods.”… It is permitted to surprise the infidels under cover of night, to bombard them with mangonels [an engine that hurls missiles] and to attack them without declaring battle (du‘a’). The Prophet attacked the Banu Mustaliq unexpectedly, while their animals were still at the watering-place; he killed the men who had fought against him and carried off the children into captivity. It is forbidden to kill children, madmen, women, priests, impotent old men, the infirm, the blind, the weak-minded, unless they have taken part in the combat.

The chief of State decides on the fate of the men who are taken as prisoners; he can have them put to death, reduce them to slavery, free them in return for a ransom or grant them their freedom as a gift. He must choose the solution most in keeping with the common good of the Moslems.

The jizya can be demanded only from the Peoples of the Book (Ahl-al-Kitab) and from Zoroastrians (Magus), who pledge to pay it and submit to the laws of the community. The Peoples of the Book are understood to mean the Jews and those who follow the religion of the Torah, as well as the Christians and those who follow the religion of the Gospel. When People of the Book or Zoroastrians ask to pay the jizya and to submit to the laws of the community, one must grant their request, and it is forbidden to fight them. The jizya is collected at the beginning of each year. It is set at 48 dirhems for a rich man, at 24 dirhems for a man of moderate means, and at 12 dirhems for a man of lowly estate. It cannot be demanded from children who have not reached the age of puberty, from women, helpless old men, the sick, the blind, or slaves, nor from poor people who are unable to pay it. An infidel subject to the jizya who converts to Islam is free of this obligation. When an infidel dies, his heirs are responsible for the jizya

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

Tom Paine

I attend the largest Mosque in the N. East

Every week I meet new converts to Islam.

Everyone from, car mechanics, house wives, students, to Doctors.

Islam has the answers to living in the modern world.

People are becomming aware that the PC secular world is devoid of real life, and has no answers for living a quality life.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. Why would any rational person allow the possibility of collateral damage to prevent them from carrying out crucial operations against enemy forces?
Yet the pro-Islamic groups scream whenever Islamic women and children are collateral damage.
Sounds like a double standard.
Or Hypocrisy.

I attend the largest Mosque in the N. East

Every week I meet new converts to Islam.

Everyone from, car mechanics, house wives, students, to Doctors.

Islam has the answers to living in the modern world.

People are becomming aware that the PC secular world is devoid of real life, and has no answers for living a quality life.

We all love Sharia Law. :lol:

Mhmm. Sure.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7T5fbJbq0[/ame]

Forum List

Back