How smart are astronauts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scubamike

According to Hollywood (Mission to Mars).....

Situation: 4 astronauts on Mars.
3 dead and one injured.

The crew in space see 3 body sized/shaped mounds. Graves.
Comment from astronaut: There are only 3 graves the fourth guy MUST still be alive!!!

Originally posted by scubamike
According to Hollywood (Mission to Mars).....

Situation: 4 astronauts on Mars.
3 dead and one injured.

The crew in space see 3 body sized/shaped mounds. Graves.
Comment from astronaut: There are only 3 graves the fourth guy MUST still be alive!!!

How do graves equate death? As i recall they were swept up in that Tornado that ripped em to shreds.

Anyway its hollywood. What the hell do you expect. they have a movie where asteroids hit us, nuclear bombs are planted at the earths core, and the polar ice caps melt and put NY under water. How accurate is that?

Well, technically, I remember reading that if the polar ice caps did melt, the water level would rise to reach the statue of liberty's waist. But the liklihood is what? Hollywood is not a good source of facts when it comes to catacalysmic/space exploration stuff. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
Well, technically, I remember reading that if the polar ice caps did melt, the water level would rise to reach the statue of liberty's waist. But the liklihood is what? Hollywood is not a good source of facts when it comes to catacalysmic/space exploration stuff. :rolleyes:

Any good movies from down under we should know about?

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80

Or politics for that matter.

Originally posted by Said1
Any good movies from down under we should know about?

There is some good stuff coming out of Aussie at the moment. As for NZ, I seriously recommend "Whale Rider". If you can find a copy Peter Jacksons (LOTR) early films are really funny. "Bad Taste" is a cult classic.

No, this isn't an anti-American thread. More anti-Hollywood. Saw "The Day After Tomorrow" yesterday. Wow, way to discredit the whole idea of global warming. Some good ideas in the background but come on. The science in the film was just awful.

As for melting ice-caps. With the higher temperatures comes higher evaporation and an increase in cloud cover which reflects more of the suns energy back into space. Also warm water takes up more space than cold water (and ice takes up more space again. Water is odd stuff.) so heat expansion would also be a factor (although minimal).

Originally posted by scubamike
There is some good stuff coming out of Aussie at the moment. As for NZ, I seriously recommend "Whale Rider". If you can find a copy Peter Jacksons (LOTR) early films are really funny. "Bad Taste" is a cult classic.

My daughter saw "Whale Rider", she loved it. I used to watch a soap from As years ago, forget the name though - beach, bikinis, and scandle sort of thing :D I saw one of the actors on an American soap recently, forget the name of that one too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back