How should we approach North Korea, a menace to global society?

It all boils down to the propaganda war.

If South Korea acts to retaliate against North Korea's act of aggression, then they are simply defending themselves.

But if we simply act on South Korea's behalf, then we are seen as the aggressors, and North Korea will act like the whole ship torpedoing deal was an elaborate setup ala Gulf of Tonkin.

Get it?

Yeah, it's a hard one. I think South Korea should deal with it too. However I believe Red China would most likely assist North Korea by providing intelligence, troops and supplying them with Arms. That, Would end up dragging us and/or Japan into it anyway. ~BH

Yeah, it's a hard one. I think South Korea should deal with it too. However I believe Red China would most likely assist North Korea by providing intelligence, troops and supplying them with Arms. That, Would end up dragging us and/or Japan into it anyway. ~BH

Oh, I'm sure we'd be involved, yeah, and I'm really not very upset about that, seeing as how the rest of the world would undoubtedly be at our side.

But we just can't start it. Obama's playing it right waiting for S Korea to make the first move.

Oh, I'm sure we'd be involved, yeah, and I'm really not very upset about that, seeing as how the rest of the world would undoubtedly be at our side.

But we just can't start it. Obama's playing it right waiting for S Korea to make the first move.

Yeah, If it were our ship that would be a whole different story. Starting another War right now probably is not in our best interest. ~BH

I don't think America can or should sit on the sidelines.

N Korea is a theat to US interests, and sponsors terrorist groups too.

If America just sits back, it's giving N. Korea a message that it can do anything that it wants, and America will do nothing of any meaning.

If South Korea acts to retaliate against North Korea's act of aggression, then they are simply defending themselves.

But if we simply act on South Korea's behalf, then we are seen as the aggressors, and North Korea will act like the whole ship torpedoing deal was an elaborate setup ala Gulf of Tonkin.

Get it?
We are well past propoganda.

North Korea torpedoed a South Korean ship. That is an act of war. S. Korea isn't alone going to take on N. Korea and China AND it shouldn't.

Get it?

North Korea torpedoed a South Korean ship. That is an act of war. S. Korea isn't alone going to take on N. Korea and China AND it shouldn't.

AmwayMike

There is no way China is going to get involved with this. South Korea and the US are among its biggest markets. N Korea would be destroyed in a war with the South

If America just sits back, it's giving N. Korea a message that it can do anything that it wants, and America will do nothing of any meaning.

I agree. especially with the US 7th fleet just off the midget's coast

Get it?

AmwayMike

There is no way China is going to get involved with this. South Korea and the US are among its biggest markets. N Korea would be destroyed in a war with the South

is that opinion or etched in stone ????

AmwayMike

We shall see won't we

There needs to be a military response.

Sanctions are meaningless because China doesn't abide by them.

What is really disturbing is that Barak Hussein made a public event of blasting Israel for building an aparment building in it's capital but has not said one word to my knowledge of N. Korea torpedoing a S. Korea warship.

There needs to be a military response.

Sanctions are meaningless because China doesn't abide by them.

I wonder if sanctions do any damned good period

Get it?

Yes, but if we retaliate, instead of South Korea, then China gets to sit out and claim it's not going to get involved because the whole thing was caused by American aggression.

I don't think you're looking at the ramifications of various strategies in this situation.

China would be foolish to take North Korea's side on this. They are currently a world economic powerhouse, and want to keep peace in the area in order to ensure the safety of their trade routes. And it certainly can't make China comfortable to have a Nuclear power, with a crazy asshole in charge, sitting right next to them.

If anything, they would take South Korea's side, along with the rest of the world community, to squelch the war quickly.

But in order for that to happen, it is of paramount importance for South Korea to respond first, not us.

Forum List

Back