Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Work alone to pressure Iranian officials to negotiate

• offer to assist put down the reformists

• assist the reformists establish autonomy

• Total voters
Expressing our support for the reformist movement would stigmatize it and cause it to lose much of what popularity it still has. As in most situations, we'd be best off minding our own business.

Kalam....i work with a guy who was born and raised in Iran....and 90% of his family are still there....after their last elections he told me and a few other guys....leave them alone,the people in Iran will take care of the leaders there....he said they want exactly what any person would want for themselves and their families,and the FREEDOMS that we have here, AND THEY KNOW IT EXISTS.....and given time...they will get it.....it may take a few elections,but after each election,things will start getting closer and closer to what they want.....compared to the aftermath of the last election, this is much different.....

I don't doubt it. While I don't believe that these events will culminate in any sort of revolution, Iran's urban youth has sent a clear message that the regime will have to take seriously if it expects to remain in power. I think change in Iran will be gradual but definite.

I hope sir that you are correct. Iran increasingly seems to resemble China demographically where in the government is run mostly by old men while the majority of the opulation is much younger and the young are increasingly, and with good reason, restive.

I hope sir that you are correct. Iran increasingly seems to resemble China demographically where in the government is run mostly by old men while the majority of the opulation is much younger and the young are increasingly, and with good reason, restive.

Not that I wish to undermine your point, but the Iranian population is way more 'balanced' than Chinese. There are enough women to men. Not so in China. Problems there.

We can at the very least send them a million of these:

Guy+Fawkes+mask.jpg

But I don't think this story will have a Hollywood ending, unless it's Reservoir Dogs.​

Last edited:
Expressing our support for the reformist movement would stigmatize it and cause it to lose much of what popularity it still has. As in most situations, we'd be best off minding our own business.

So the Great and powerful Wizard of Obama's idea that his words matter really does not matter when one looks behind that curtain with all the levers?

What else does he have?
Obama? A funny name and trite slogans. If he has more, I hope he decides to use it soon.

Forum List

Back