How should the U.S get info from terrorist?

Jennifer.Bush

Aug 6, 2006
Durbin Warfare
05.06.17.DurbinWarfare-X.gif

"If I read this [FBI report] to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime -- Pol Pot or others -- that had no concern for human beings," Durbin said.

Mccain/bush policy
Sen. John McCain’s call for a law banning cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment of foreign suspects in the war on terror.
Bush said the agreement will “make it clear to the world that this government does not torture and that we adhere to the international convention of torture, whether it be here at home or abroad.”
Under the deal, CIA interrogators would be given the same legal rights as currently guaranteed members of the military who are accused of breaking interrogation guidelines. Those rules say the accused can defend themselves by arguing it was reasonable for them to believe they were obeying a legal order.

Sen. John McCain’s call for a law banning cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment of foreign suspects in the war on terror.

Could be "McNasty" has more experience than anyone you could even invent?:idea:

Could be "McNasty" has more experience than anyone you could even invent?:idea:

I wasn't aware he was ever held captive by the US. Are you comparing current US interrogation techniques with the blatant use of torture by the North Vietnamese?

The Vietnamese would laugh at what's being called "torture" nowadays.

well, there is an idea. Make deals and let the small fish go so that we can go after the big fish.

plea bargin you still go to jail......also isn't that what they are doing....arresting them....detaining them.....interogating them and either releasing them or jailing them.

this should work..........

The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF)

These CAROLINA boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the following facts about terrorists :

1. The season opened today.
2. There is no limit.
3. They taste just like chicken.
4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.
5. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Friday.

this should work..........

The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF)

These CAROLINA boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the following facts about terrorists :

1. The season opened today.
2. There is no limit.
3. They taste just like chicken.
4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.
5. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Friday.

Either 4 or 5 alone would suffice.:lol:

I wasn't aware he was ever held captive by the US. Are you comparing current US interrogation techniques with the blatant use of torture by the North Vietnamese?

great point

Well, I may be an old fool, but I think my point was more to the fact that Mr. McCain might have just a bit more experience on the subject of torture, actually.

Also – did we or did we not authorize and sponsor, with US tax-payer dollars, the spiriting away of various individuals overseas for ‘forceful interrogation’?

What was that special word the government came up with?

Forum List

Back