CDZ How should the protesters be doing it?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Not the flag sitters per say, but the average protester on the street. The ones protesting police killings and racism.

They march about blocking our city streets then the occasional interstate. Especially streets in downtown St Louis can be blocked with little ill effect. The city has soo much infrastructure and so few people they could allow half the streets to turn back into woodland and traffic would be fine.

In our society people risk life and limb to make a left turn instead of waiting ten seconds so I feel blocking traffic just makes enemies.

Besides teaching the youth of America how to act when confronted by law enforcement any ideas what our neighbors should be doing for acts of protest? The anthem sitting thing apparently gets attention. If I were a pro athlete I'd sit for the anthem then announce a $10,000 team gift to some wounded warriors fund just to show I love the country but want to protest.

The local protests (not even the riots, those idiots), the protests here just seem to empower the racists to talk louder and show their true colors so I feel the protesters need a new tactic.

Any suggestions?

Blocking city streets infringes upon the rights of others. They should be cleared by whatever means necessary.

Your rights end where mine begin.

Doesn't matter, to the power structure any protest at all is always wrong, being done the wrong way, or at the wrong time. The right time and right way never comes.

Protesting by denigrating the national anthem is something that makes zero sense to me since the anthem represents the rights that we have as a people TO protest! If you've got a beef with supposed "Police brutality"...then protest against the police at City Hall or at a Police station! Protesting at an NFL stadium? With all due respect to the players...there are probably a hundred police officers attending that game with the stated mission of protecting YOU!

Protestors protesting the death of cops in St Louis? When did that happen.protestors should be best in the streets. That ANTIFIA shit in Portland should have ended with full jails,/full hospital's and FULL cemetery's.

Not the flag sitters per say, but the average protester on the street. The ones protesting police killings and racism.

They march about blocking our city streets then the occasional interstate. Especially streets in downtown St Louis can be blocked with little ill effect. The city has soo much infrastructure and so few people they could allow half the streets to turn back into woodland and traffic would be fine.

In our society people risk life and limb to make a left turn instead of waiting ten seconds so I feel blocking traffic just makes enemies.

Besides teaching the youth of America how to act when confronted by law enforcement any ideas what our neighbors should be doing for acts of protest? The anthem sitting thing apparently gets attention. If I were a pro athlete I'd sit for the anthem then announce a $10,000 team gift to some wounded warriors fund just to show I love the country but want to protest.

The local protests (not even the riots, those idiots), the protests here just seem to empower the racists to talk louder and show their true colors so I feel the protesters need a new tactic.

Any suggestions?

My biggest issue with the protesters is they act all shocked when they get arrested. When MLK and people like him protested the idea WAS to get arrested. They went to jail, paid the fine/got bailed out/spent the 5 days in county lockup and were RIGHT BACK OUT THERE doing it again. The idea was to shame the rest of the country into giving them what they wanted, i.e. a neutral government, voting rights, etc.

If you block traffic, do it and suffer the consequences. If you refuse to remove yourself from a building entrance, do it, and suffer the consequences.

As an aside, if a person really thinks violence is the only way to enact change, then they should "go to the mattresses", not this half assed method Anti-fa is doing. If you really believe our current society is so evil violence is warranted then go for the gusto.

Protesting by denigrating the national anthem is something that makes zero sense to me since the anthem represents the rights that we have as a people TO protest! If you've got a beef with supposed "Police brutality"...then protest against the police at City Hall or at a Police station! Protesting at an NFL stadium? With all due respect to the players...there are probably a hundred police officers attending that game with the stated mission of protecting YOU!

Hey the DOD gave them a platform and they may as well use it. The NA was wrote in 1812, land of the free, who were free at that time?

I think protest in the street will cause more animosity. There need to be a conversation with both sides.

Kneeling NFLer's are almost as pointless and the pseudo-outrage President Blurt is inspiring.

1. Have a coherent message to protest about. Be able to explain the message and prove your case. If your message is "right", hopefully you will be to enact change (win). If your message is simply "wrong", then hopefully you will fail (loose). Often times neither side is completely right or wrong in which case hopefully both sides change for the better and come to a reasonable consensus.

2. Protest in such a way as to bring the rest of the public to your side and not to turn them against you. Since the NFL protest is suppose to be about police misconduct against minorities and not about the national anthem and patriotism, don't pick that time to protest since it sends a mixed message. Like an earlier poster stated.... picket the police station if the police are the issue.

Last edited:

Hey the DOD gave them a platform and they may as well use it. The NA was wrote in 1812, land of the free, who were free at that time?

Not for nothing, Penelope...but I wish that I was "enslaved" like the average NFL player!

th

Forum List

Back