How should the new and old testaments be handled in terms of homosexuals?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Jesus never said one word (according to the new testament) about being gay, whether it was right or wrong.

There's a lot in the old testament about it, but everytime I bring up one of the many evil quotes in the old testament I'm told we're essentially supposed to ignore it and that the new testament cleans the slate of the old testament. So I assume we should also ignore what it says about being gay if we should ignore what it says about genocide/infanticide and the promoting of more of those things in the future.

So what would Jesus do? Maybe he hates gays? Maybe he thinks gays are more moral than straights? How do we know besides just a total blind guess?

Well see homosexuals, like every other person in humanity, needs to have faith in Jesus Christ and repent of their sins.

Why would you expect some unique standard because they take pleasure from members of their same gender?

Jesus never said one word (according to the new testament) about being gay, whether it was right or wrong.

There's a lot in the old testament about it, but everytime I bring up one of the many evil quotes in the old testament I'm told we're essentially supposed to ignore it and that the new testament cleans the slate of the old testament. So I assume we should also ignore what it says about being gay if we should ignore what it says about genocide/infanticide and the promoting of more of those things in the future.

So what would Jesus do? Maybe he hates gays? Maybe he thinks gays are more moral than straights? How do we know besides just a total blind guess?

Another post to prove your idiocy? Read 1 Corinthians chapter 6.

The only people Jesus ever spoke up against were the Sadducees and the Pharisees. Maybe you should read a little bit about them before you try to pin God down to a position He does not have.

What does It say?
Enlighten us....

Jesus loves everyone, even the gays. The New Testament does not void tho old, it fulfills it. The law in the old Testament is perfect and flawless, we are not. This it why Jesus came. Sodomy is covered as well.

Last edited:

Jesus loves everyone, even the gays. The New Testament does not void tho old, it fulfills it. The law in the old Testament is perfect and flawless, we are not. This it why Jesus came. Sodomy is covered as well.

The law of the old testament is for believers to kill non-believers, even if they're family members.

If you took the old testament seriously you'd either be in jail or dead.

Another post to prove your idiocy? Read 1 Corinthians chapter 6.

The only people Jesus ever spoke up against were the Sadducees and the Pharisees. Maybe you should read a little bit about them before you try to pin God down to a position He does not have.

"Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?"

Where does it say anything even remotely about being gay in there? Enlighten me

Well see homosexuals, like every other person in humanity, needs to have faith in Jesus Christ and repent of their sins.

Why would you expect some unique standard because they take pleasure from members of their same gender?

Sure, if you're a Christian, Catholic, etc.., but would'nt you want to make a clear cut reference that you can go to? Defining their place. Same-sex friendly, where the lines are not blurred and there is no gray area..

Different preachers and those who have "spoken" to God have continually used OR abused the good book for their own purposes, needs and interpretations.

Then there is the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, etc..

A small adjustment in which you can account for everything.

Like have . . . I don't know.

God created Ken and created Barbie from a rib from Ken . . . then he created Edna and Eve . . . and finally Adam and Steve.

Interpreting it would be simple.

The law of the old testament is for believers to kill non-believers, even if they're family members.

no,no, I was talking about the Bible not the Koran. put a chapter and verse with that statement. i bet you cant.

No God does not hate them. He hates the sin - because it hurts us and others. But we've ALL sinned and /or struggle with it. Fornication is fornication and lust is lust. Adultery is just as harmful. He knows it hurts us and others, so He wants to help us away from it. The whole point of Him paying our debt, to know Him/His love and to love one another.

Jesus would love and accept them and also witness to them. However, only by His Spirit do people get convicted and turn away. So they need to KNOW Him first, which means believing in Him. FULLY believing in Him. (Read how many times the Gospel of John says "believe" - wowza) And upon that moment, we want to turn away from sin, not out of obligation, not out of being obedient for obedience sake, but because of the revelation of His love. The revelation of Jesus Christ's love (and no condemnation) is what helps us repent. His love is like no other. God's love and grace continues to amaze me. That said, sin still hurts us, and we need to call it as it is - a sin.

As for Jesus not speaking out specifically against homosexuality, he neither spoke about incest - but we don't see that sin on the chopping block. People just try to justify their sin sometimes, that means all of us.

We have all fallen short, but the Lord Jesus Christ made a way - all what He did on the Cross, and only He can pay our debt. . Love covers a mulitude of sins.

Thank Him so much.

Jesus would have accepted Homosexuals

Just not the act. He also accepted(and still does) whores, Leg breakers, Thieves, Drunks, and Murderers, you name it and Jesus is there for them, us, and you. the thing is, threw Christ they say the evil in what they were doing, repent, and now are brothers and sisters in Christ.
I think what the poster was looking for was that Jesus wants all fags dead and roasting in hell, and that the bible says its ok to humiliate, beat and kill them when nothing could be further from the truth. The old testament is quoted with little or no clue as to how it relates to the new testament . If you really want to, you could go read it your self. So no homosexuality is not accepted by Jesus. Homosexuals who no longer wish to live in sin are welcomed.

no,no, I was talking about the Bible not the Koran. put a chapter and verse with that statement. i bet you cant.

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Excellent, you have quoted the law ! Now, What did Jesus saw about the law ?

Jesus would have accepted Homosexuals

Just not the act. He also accepted(and still does) whores, Leg breakers, Thieves, Drunks, and Murderers, you name it and Jesus is there for them, us, and you. the thing is, threw Christ they say the evil in what they were doing, repent, and now are brothers and sisters in Christ.
I think what the poster was looking for was that Jesus wants all fags dead and roasting in hell, and that the bible says its ok to humiliate, beat and kill them when nothing could be further from the truth. The old testament is quoted with little or no clue as to how it relates to the new testament . If you really want to, you could go read it your self. So no homosexuality is not accepted by Jesus. Homosexuals who no longer wish to live in sin are welcomed.

I believe he would have accepted two people who love each other

There is no such thing as fulfilling perpetual laws, and certainly jesus has no relevance in fulfilling any law given to the jews.

Did Jesus support Slavery?

I don't care about what jesus supported, however, slavery in the time of the Torah was was a lot different than slavery today.

For example, if you had a slave and you had one pillow, you were supposed to give it to the slave.

Forum List

Back