How romney paid for college

You know, if I die tomorrow, I will leave my kids the rest of my retirement that I have been saving all of my life. That means that each one of them will ALMOST be a millionaire.

Does that mean that the left will really hate them? God I hope so. I mean, you really haven't arrived until the left hates you for something...

Not so fast if you die now Uncle Sam is taking 55 percent on the death Tax now

So now some on the left are pissed about something that Ann said nearly 20 years ago where she said:

They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income. It was tiny. And I didn’t have money to carpet the floor. But you can get remnants, samples, so I glued them together, all different colors. It looked awful, but it was carpeting.

We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time. The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year—it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.

Mitt and I walked to class together, shared housekeeping, had a lot of pasta and tuna fish and learned hard lessons.

“'We had our first child in that tiny apartment. We couldn’t afford a desk, so we used a door propped on sawhorses in our bedroom. It was a big door, so we could study on it together. And we bought a portable crib, took the legs off and put it on the desk while we studied. I had a baby sitter during class time, but otherwise, I’d hold my son on my lap while I studied.

“'The funny thing is that I never expected help. My father had become wealthy through hard work, as did Mitt’s father, but I never expected our parents to take care of us. They’d visit, laugh and say, "We can’t believe you guys are living like this." They’d take us out to dinner, have a good time, then leave.

And somehow that is bad? Something to be mocked? Damn.

HOW ROMNEY PAID FOR COLLEGE
Andrew Sabl quotes a 1994 interview with Ann Romney in the Boston Globe wherein she explains the material deprivation she and Mitt undertook in their student days, when both were so poor and jobless they had to support themselves by selling shares of stock that Mitt had been given by his dad:
Romney Sold Stock To Pay for College

So he did not build it all by himself after all. Daddy gave him a start with a “hand out.”
Poor and jobless with stocks to sell?
Obama and Michele paid for college with college loans and just paid them off 8 years ago.

You really find it "admirable" that two Harvard Law School graduates working at a prestigious law firm took until 8 years ago to pay off their student loans? Think about that for a moment, Lil...what it MEANS is that both the President and the First Lady CHOSE not to pay back their student loans for YEARS even though both were making big money and Barry had just gotten a six figure book deal coming out of Harvard.

Andrew Sabl quotes a 1994 interview with Ann Romney in the Boston Globe wherein she explains the material deprivation she and Mitt undertook in their student days, when both were so poor and jobless they had to support themselves by selling shares of stock that Mitt had been given by his dad:

So he did not build it all by himself after all. Daddy gave him a start with a “hand out.”
Obama and Michele paid for college with college loans and just paid them off 8 years ago.

You really find it "admirable" that two Harvard Law School graduates working at a prestigious law firm took until 8 years ago to pay off their student loans? Think about that for a moment, Lil...what it MEANS is that both the President and the First Lady CHOSE not to pay back their student loans for YEARS even though both were making big money and Barry had just gotten a six figure book deal coming out of Harvard.

Frankly, I'm impressed with anyone who bothers to pay back the US government. regardless of how long it takes.

Frankly, I'm impressed with anyone who bothers to pay back the US government. regardless of how long it takes.

I wonder if they would have EVER paid them back if Barry wasn't running for National office? Or is that cynical of me? LOL

Unlike my college days when I worked full time with three small kids and single and my baby sitter were the 12 year old son. NO college loans or grants or scholarships or Indian help.

I'll bet you walked 5 miles uphill through 2 feet of snow to school and walked uphill 5 miles through 2 feet of snow to get back home.

Unlike my college days when I worked full time with three small kids and single and my baby sitter were the 12 year old son. NO college loans or grants or scholarships or Indian help.

I got the GI bill and still ended up paying $56,000.00

But pay it off I did.

I wish I had the money obama spent on pot and cocaine when he was in college.

How much was that, krazydog? How much pot and cocaine can you buy on a Baskin and Robbin salary? And a pot head could never make it in Harvard, karzydog.

annromneySTFU.jpg

Forum List

Back