How romney paid for college

We helped our oldest with college, she also received scholarship and grant money, and took out some student loans.

Want to bitch that we helped her? Should we have done what her classmate did and borrowed every, single, freaking dime of money for school, is in debt up to her eyeballs, and will likely never pay it all back?

This thread is retarded. You people who hate the rich are seriously screwed up in your thinking.

We helped our oldest with college, she also received scholarship and grant money, and took out some student loans.

Want to bitch that we helped her? Should we have done what her classmate did and borrowed every, single, freaking dime of money for school, is in debt up to her eyeballs, and will likely never pay it all back?

This thread is retarded. You people who hate the rich are seriously screwed up in your thinking.
Did she whine in public about how much she struggled?

Somehow I doubt it.

btw, it's much better if the kids pay for it themselves. :)

Somehow I doubt it.

No. Neither did Romney.

She has loans to pay back so she'll be paying a decent portion of her tuition herself.

You know, if I die tomorrow, I will leave my kids the rest of my retirement that I have been saving all of my life. That means that each one of them will ALMOST be a millionaire.

Does that mean that the left will really hate them? God I hope so. I mean, you really haven't arrived until the left hates you for something...

Now, now......the left doesn't hate. They're tolllllllerant. :eusa_whistle:

The point isn't how you pay for college if it's legal. It is about Mitt Romney thinking that everyone is like him and have parents who can lend them money or give them stocks to sell to pay for college. He is out of touch and can't or won't emphasize with people who don't have what he has had and has now. He uses the theme We Built It (in an arena built by the taxpayers) when the other point is that he didn't build anything on his own as Obama said. Almost everyone has a mentor or help in the form of assistance and encouragement. It is a joint effort with of course, the person or individual getting MOST of the credit for hard work and success.

The point isn't how you pay for college if it's legal. It is about Mitt Romney thinking that everyone is like him and have parents who can lend them money or give them stocks to sell to pay for college. He is out of touch and can't or won't emphasize with people who don't have what he has had and has now. He uses the theme We Built It (in an arena built by the taxpayers) when the other point is that he didn't build anything on his own as Obama said. Almost everyone has a mentor or help in the form of assistance and encouragement. It is a joint effort with of course, the person or individual getting MOST of the credit for hard work and success.

Please give the class an example of where Romney has said this.

The word is empathize. It's what someone who gives $4M in a single year to charity does because he cares about people less fortunate than himself.

Studies show the more Federal money spent on grants, loans, etc....ends up with colleges just driving up their pricetag to make even more money.

Member #19660

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -604 reputation points from Full-Auto.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Sleazy kunt.........

Regards,
Full-Auto

Note: This is an automated message.

^ coward

HOW ROMNEY PAID FOR COLLEGE
Andrew Sabl quotes a 1994 interview with Ann Romney in the Boston Globe wherein she explains the material deprivation she and Mitt undertook in their student days, when both were so poor and jobless they had to support themselves by selling shares of stock that Mitt had been given by his dad:
Romney Sold Stock To Pay for College

So he did not build it all by himself after all. Daddy gave him a start with a “hand out.”
Poor and jobless with stocks to sell?
Obama and Michele paid for college with college loans and just paid them off 8 years ago.

So his parents paid for college......

There is nothing wrong for that. Many people have their schooling paid for. However, it's not quite the same as busing tables, working two jobs, or what not to pay for college.

Or, in my case, paying for school through ROTC and then taking out personal loans for graduate school.

I just wish would be straight about this crap as opposed to trying to make it seem like he is something he is not.

HOW ROMNEY PAID FOR COLLEGE
Andrew Sabl quotes a 1994 interview with Ann Romney in the Boston Globe wherein she explains the material deprivation she and Mitt undertook in their student days, when both were so poor and jobless they had to support themselves by selling shares of stock that Mitt had been given by his dad:
Romney Sold Stock To Pay for College

So he did not build it all by himself after all. Daddy gave him a start with a “hand out.”
Poor and jobless with stocks to sell?
Obama and Michele paid for college with college loans and just paid them off 8 years ago.

So?

Somehow I doubt it.

And that's what Romney did. He sold off the stocks HE owned.

I'm really not that interested in how either of these folks got through college. I worked my way through on scholarship (for tuition, books, dorm, and meal plan) and worked a lot of different jobs to pay for other living expenses. So what? Doesn't make me one bit more virtuous than friends whose parents shouldered the entire burden.

I also don't care about birth certificates, religious leanings, color, gender, teleprompters, taking advantage of every legal tax credit, or 99.99% of all the other crap each side tries to embarass the other side with.

I long for a day when elections will be decided by issues, visions, well-defined plans, and leadership. But we are all stuck in this nightmare of idiots electing idiots based on idiotic rhetoric.

Last edited:
You know, if I die tomorrow, I will leave my kids the rest of my retirement that I have been saving all of my life. That means that each one of them will ALMOST be a millionaire.

Does that mean that the left will really hate them? God I hope so. I mean, you really haven't arrived until the left hates you for something...

Yea, that is why we dislike Romney

Forum List

Back