How right wingers will rewrite history in 100 years.

R

rdean

When you look at how right wingers have rewritten current history, what will it look like in a hundred years.

Remember such Republican nuggets as, "Paul Revere rode to warn the British".

Or "The founding fathers (who owned thousands of slaves) were against slavery".

Already, you have some right wingers blaming the economic meltdown on Obama. Or blaming 9/11 on Clinton. Or credit the Republicans with getting Bin Laden.

How will they spin Enron or Katrina after 100 years? Or Iraq? Will they say Democrats led us into Iraq?

They can't even say the word "derivative", but blame the economic meltdown on Barney Frank at a time when Republicans held both houses and the presidency. And we know what Republicans think about gays.

Too bad I won't be here, but if I could see one thing, it would be a "Texas History Book" from 2111.

When you look at how right wingers have rewritten current history, what will it look like in a hundred years.

Already, you have some right wingers blaming the economic meltdown on Obama. Or blaming 9/11 on Clinton. Or credit the Republicans with getting Bin Laden.

How will they spin Enron or Katrina after 100 years? Or Iraq? Will they say Democrats led us into Iraq?

They can't even say the word "derivative", but blame the economic meltdown on Barney Frank at a time when Republicans held both houses and the presidency. And we know what Republicans think about gays.

Too bad I won't be here, but if I could see one thing, it would be a "Texas History Book" from 2111.

Right wingers never claimed Paul Revere rode to warn the British. For one he was headed the wrong way to do so. He rode to warn the Colonials. He was stopped before reaching his final destination though.

Some of the Founding Fathers WERE against Slavery. But then you must have missed that part in History class, assuming you went to school before the Liberals got rid of History in all but High School.

But more importantly ACCORDING to you and your buddies the right is doomed because it is all white and has bad policies. So according to you they won't be around in 100 years, according to your claims.

Right wingers never claimed Paul Revere rode to warn the British. For one he was headed the wrong way to do so. He rode to warn the Colonials. He was stopped before reaching his final destination though.

Some of the Founding Fathers WERE against Slavery. But then you must have missed that part in History class, assuming you went to school before the Liberals got rid of History in all but High School.

But more importantly ACCORDING to you and your buddies the right is doomed because it is all white and has bad policies. So according to you they won't be around in 100 years, according to your claims.

He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.

Sarah Palin - "Paul Revere Warned...The British?" - Forbes

Owning slaves was "like having a large bank account," says Wiencek, author of An Imperfect God: George Washington, His Slaves, and the Creation of America. The southern states would not have signed the Constitution without protections for the "peculiar institution," including a clause that counted a slave as three fifths of a man for purposes of congressional representation.

The Founding Fathers' dark legacy - US News and World Report

Or those GOP claims that Republicans aren't educated.

Fig_57_-_men_4-yr_college_degrees.JPG

Fig_58_women_with_4-yr_college_degs.JPG

Oh, wait, sorry -- that's an rderp claim.

He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.

Sarah Palin - "Paul Revere Warned...The British?" - Forbes

Owning slaves was "like having a large bank account," says Wiencek, author of An Imperfect God: George Washington, His Slaves, and the Creation of America. The southern states would not have signed the Constitution without protections for the "peculiar institution," including a clause that counted a slave as three fifths of a man for purposes of congressional representation.

The Founding Fathers' dark legacy - US News and World Report

Remind us again how all the misspeaks by Obama were just slips of the tongue while you claim a single person is the ENTIRE right wing.

As to your second story, OF COURSE the South was opposed to eliminating Slavery, BUT not EVERY founding father was from the South, further the original text clearly means no slavery. The South forced the acceptance or no Constitution.

Geez Gunny. You need to go back to Paul Revere? How about VietNam? The left wing media wrote the history book on Nam and the cowardly draft dodgers who Carter pardoned came back from Canada to teach generations of kids that Nam was Nixon's fault. How many people ever heard of the fraudulant Gulf of Tonkin incident that allowed LBJ to send Troops to VietNam? LBJ set the rules so that we would win every battle and lose the War. He quit just when the US needed leadership and gave the VC time to reorganize. Did "give 'em Hell Harry need to drop two A-B0mbs on Japan? How many people ever heard the "rest of the story" that Truman refused to negotiate with Japan? The liberals wrote the history books and you can count on them to spin the story to protect democrats. Both Harry Truman and MacArthur received a ticker tape parade after Korea even though Truman was too timid to face down the General until it was too late and MacArthur's ego forced Americans to invade North Korea even though the Chinese warned the Troops not to come close to there border of the Yalu river. Liberal history won't dare suggest that MacArthur made an incredible mistake and perhaps the General was suffering from mental problems when he orded exhausted ill-equipped Troops to "liberate the entire peninsula" when winter was coming to the coldest area in the world. Thanks to a timid president and a potentially brain damaged egomaniac the Korean war lasted three years and ended right where it started with the loss of 38,000 American lives. Nobody needs to rewrite history. The libs just need to tell the truth for a change.

Last edited:

You think "any" degree means you are "educated"? Then why are so many right wing colleges below tier four?

Can I pick an idiot on the left, say Joe Biden, and use him to point out how lefties are all stupid?

In 1774 the first anti slavery foundation in America was founded by Benjamin Franklin and Benjamin Rush. John Jay founded one in New York, and William Livingston, when he was governor of New Jersey, wrote to them asking to join.

The economic meltdown began in 2008. At that point in time Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House and Harry Reid was Senate majority leader, I am pretty sure neither of them have ever been a Republican.

Talk about rewriting history.

Can I pick an idiot on the left, say Joe Biden, and use him to point out how lefties are all stupid?

In 1774 the first anti slavery foundation in America was founded by Benjamin Franklin and Benjamin Rush. John Jay founded one in New York, and William Livingston, when he was governor of New Jersey, wrote to them asking to join.

The economic meltdown began in 2008. At that point in time Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House and Harry Reid was Senate majority leader, I am pretty sure neither of them have ever been a Republican.

Talk about rewriting history.

well, we don't have to wait that long they are already at it-

RDeans textbook-

- dem pres, dem congress= sweetness and light, no bad stuff happened :rolleyes:

-dem pres with rep congress= the pres gets all the credit for the good stuff...

- rep pres with dem congress= bad stuff happened but the pres gets all the blame

- dem pres, dem congress= bad stuff happens but its the former pres's fault who just happens to be a rep.

viola'.......:rolleyes:

You think "any" degree means you are "educated"? Then why are so many right wing colleges below tier four?
Ahhh, the ol' poo-flinging monkey defense.

At least you've abandoned your asinine claim that conservatives only get degrees from Bible colleges. That one was extraordinarily easy to blow out of the water. :lol:

Yes, any degree earned through a brick-and-mortar school or on-line coursework means you're educated. Now you're desperately trying to redefine "educated", as all leftists do when they're losing an argument.

Fail. Complete and utter fail, derp.

Rule of thumb for the audience: If rderp says it, it's wrong. End of story.

You think "any" degree means you are "educated"?

You seem to think one slip of the tongue from a Republican is representative of an entire ideaology "rewriting history", so why not?

I find it ironic that you want to say right wingers are trying to rewrite history considering the pablum that has spilled from the left the last few years. Like, say, the last 75 or so.

HIstorical ignorance abounds, from all factions.

Yesterday, my nephew accused his sister-in-law of having a "Napoleon Complex" because she is short and kind of bossy.

Except the thing was, Napoleon wasn't short. He was 5'7", which was an average height for those days.

People believe a whole lot of things that aren't true. Accept them as common knowledge.

Educated? No.

Successful- Yup. It tells me conservatives are more likely to stick with something even though it's hard work.

I got a college degree by joining the military, then working two minimum wage jobs when I studied. Because it needed to be done. I honestly wish I had been more focused, but given all the shit that was coming down in my personal life at that time, I'm amazed I got through it at all.

So I would attribute it to a difference in attitudes.

Liberal have the attitude that the world owes them a living, that they are 'victims', and that they should get stuff for just being here.

Conservatives understand you have to EARN what you have.

Educated? No.

Successful- Yup. It tells me conservatives are more likely to stick with something even though it's hard work.

I got a college degree by joining the military, then working two minimum wage jobs when I studied. Because it needed to be done. I honestly wish I had been more focused, but given all the shit that was coming down in my personal life at that time, I'm amazed I got through it at all.

Liberal have the attitude that the world owes them a living, that they are 'victims', and that they should get stuff for just being here.

As far as derp is concerned, you're speaking a foreign language.

Educated? No.

You mean like George Bush whose father pulled strings to get him into Harvard? Or John McCain who graduated 5th from the bottom from a graduating class of 899? Lucky his dad and grandpa were "Admirals". Funny, Republican leaders are the worst and their base goes after Obama who, as a child, was on food stamps and had a single mother.

The Republican base goes on about "hard work", but their leaders are scum. Doing everything they can to squat on the very base that votes them into office. You gotta wonder what Republican leaders are saying about their base behind closed doors. It's can't be good.

You mean like George Bush whose father pulled strings to get him into Harvard? Or John McCain who graduated 5th from the bottom from a graduating class of 899? Lucky his dad and grandpa were "Admirals". Funny, Republican leaders are the worst and their base goes after Obama who, as a child, was on food stamps and had a single mother.

The Republican base goes on about "hard work", but their leaders are scum. Doing everything they can to squat on the very base that votes them into office. You gotta wonder what Republican leaders are saying about their base behind closed doors. It's can't be good.

Probably the same thing Democrats are saying about their base behind closed doors. I have no illusions that most of the people who run both parties have nothing but contempt for average Americans.

Point is, McCain graduated from Anapolis and Bush graduated from Yale and Harvard. And to his credit, Obama graduated from Harvard, and I'm sure affrimative action had nothing to do with it, really. And as soon as Obama releases his college transcripts and his college papers he can prove that to the world...oh, wait.

Never mind that.

My point was not "who got lucky breaks", but who works for the ultimate goal.

And clearly, conservatives do more often than liberals. But screw that work. Let's sit in a public park and shit in a hole and whine until someone gives us a job.

And clearly, conservatives do more often than liberals.

Do you have any statistics to show that conservatives are more often financially successful than liberals? Your statement is true only to the extent that one is.

Be that as it may, you are also exhibiting a common gap in comprehension. Liberals seldom talk about "me." Instead, it's about "us." I think it's safe to say than when George Soros or Bill Gates talk about making the tax structure more progressive, increasing the availability of education, or ensuring that lucrative job opportunities are available to most people, they are not presenting a personal complaint about their own circumstances.

What may be less obvious is that when liberals who are not nearly as wealthy as Soros or Gates say the same sort of thing, they aren't presenting a personal complaint about their own circumstances, either.

And clearly, conservatives do more often than liberals.

Do you have any statistics to show that conservatives are more often financially successful than liberals? Your statement is true only to the extent that one is.

Be that as it may, you are also exhibiting a common gap in comprehension. Liberals seldom talk about "me." Instead, it's about "us." I think it's safe to say than when George Soros or Bill Gates talk about making the tax structure more progressive, increasing the availability of education, or ensuring that lucrative job opportunities are available to most people, they are not presenting a personal complaint about their own circumstances.

What may be less obvious is that when liberals who are not nearly as wealthy as Soros or Gates say the same sort of thing, they aren't presenting a personal complaint about their own circumstances, either.
You highlight a basic difference between liberals and conservatives.

Conservatives see people as individuals and view freedom as individual liberties.

Liberals see people as members of a bloc. They like to pigeonhole people and view freedom as belonging solely to the collective.

And Gaea help the person who dares step out of the hole the left has decided he belongs in -- especially if he's a minority.

Forum List

Back