How rich are you?

There's a lot more out there that don't have access to the internet to tell you what kind of idiot you are for thinking that trickle down works.

Nope, not very many.

Guess that depends on your definition.

So, how many here, besides me, would give up the internet for $1,000,000?

I'd need a definition of what that means but I think I would... I'd get more done seeing I had the capital and most the time on the internet is almost useless.

The thing is how long could you avoid the internet? Care are being hooked up to the internet, the gym might have TV linked through the internet, music being played everywhere with the internet. At some point you might not have things like phone books and possibly a library because it will all be downloadable... A lifetime is a long time for change like that.

It's a hard choice, the internet, even if I had the million dollar capital would get me the best deals on items if I were to start a biz with that money... Hell, ain't running a CC done through the internet?

Either demand side or supply will work depending on the economy. In late 2008 and 2009, business was not about to expand. Business was bad and prospects were worse. The economic stimulus did just about what the economist were predicting. It stabilized the economy but was not enough to generate robust growth.

IMHO, the economy is ready to move now, it just needs the right stimulus to get things going. Unfortunately, we've shot all our bullets, we have cut payroll taxes, provided massive jobs programs, and cut interest rates to zero. There are only a few option available. I think the best bet would be a 50 billion dollar spending cut coupled with a 40 billion dollar cut in corporate taxes and 10 billion cut for small business. Also, elimination of some tax loopholes that are encouraging investment abroad and out sourcing jobs.

LOL, yes because the economy is so stable... Then of course you have to figure how the fuck the President is going to pay for all this "stimulus" or maybe he gets to dump that load on another President down the line? Man, I hope that future president won't have any troubled times while having to cut everything and raising taxes because that would really suck for them.

No wars, no recession or depressions.. no storms or ATMs and bad attitudes to drag them down like has happened to Obama, and every president in history….

How many would give up Sex for 1 million?
Drinking?
Internet is just another addiction. And the pushers are making big bucks off of it.

I am the 54,369,871th richest person in the world (top .9 per cent), according to this.

It doesn't do you any good if you can buy 50 apple trees in some 3rd world country when you can only buy a bag of apples in this country for the same cost. You have to take into account the cost of living.

I think you totally missed the point of the site that was posted.

America has the wealthiest rich and the wealthiest poor in the world. Looks to me like "trickle down" works pretty well. If it didn't really work there would be a lot fewer people able to bitch on internet message boards that it doesn't.

That's actually a really good point. We don't know the meaning of the word 'poor'. If people wanna know poverty, head out to Somalia or Ethiopia. Then they'll run home and thank God they're American.

Either demand side or supply will work depending on the economy. In late 2008 and 2009, business was not about to expand. Business was bad and prospects were worse. The economic stimulus did just about what the economist were predicting. It stabilized the economy but was not enough to generate robust growth.

IMHO, the economy is ready to move now, it just needs the right stimulus to get things going. Unfortunately, we've shot all our bullets, we have cut payroll taxes, provided massive jobs programs, and cut interest rates to zero. There are only a few option available. I think the best bet would be a 50 billion dollar spending cut coupled with a 40 billion dollar cut in corporate taxes and 10 billion cut for small business. Also, elimination of some tax loopholes that are encouraging investment abroad and out sourcing jobs.

LOL, yes because the economy is so stable... Then of course you have to figure how the fuck the President is going to pay for all this "stimulus" or maybe he gets to dump that load on another President down the line? Man, I hope that future president won't have any troubled times while having to cut everything and raising taxes because that would really suck for them.

No wars, no recession or depressions.. no storms or ATMs and bad attitudes to drag them down like has happened to Obama, and every president in history….
Economic stimulus does not necessarily mean more spending. There are trade agreements in Congress now waiting ratification that will create jobs. We can stimulate job creation just by changing the tax code. We could do just a 2% cut to every line item in the budget and raise nearly 80 billion dollars to finance a cut in corporate tax rate and taxes on small businesses. Just coming to an agreement on raising the debt limit will bring investors off the sidelines. Solutions to the job problem are easy compared to getting congress to agree on anything.

"Trickle-down" is such a horrible term. Conservatives should use better terminology. They're usually much better than liberals at framing words.

Capitalism creates the most wealth for the most people, most of the time. It doesn't create all the wealth for all the people, all of the time. However, no system in the history of the world has advanced nations as capitalism has.

Oh, and as to the question, I'm fine, thanks.

agreed.

the other tangent is, there exists such a wealth of tools and mechanisms that are in fact a form of wealth and in the reach and held by/of 90% of the populace, that never makes it into the lexicon or talking points of huge sects of the political environment, look around even a section 8 apartment and at the occupier;

dish washer, air conditioning, washer dryer, the cell phone or even telephone, microwave oven, color television ( cable or not), vcr's/dvd/cd players portable or not .....60 years ago those were luxuries for many...

In the 60's early 70's ( in NYC at least) you were not allowed to have a telephone if you accepted AFDC for instance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back