How Retarded

I'm not retarded......The man said I was "special"

I've been tarded only once. I have not been retarded yet, but I'm due. The first tard is just about worn off.

Why is retard "the r word"? Wouldn't something like rapist be a better r word? Not even retards want to be called rapists. :dunno:

How retarded..
Pull your pants up retard
emot15.gif

The issue, I mean. It's a perfectly good word.

"Retarded: slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development : characterized by mental retardation

This is part of the PC bullying by leftists. Use what words you want: if they communicate, they are good words.

I used to have a friend who interrupted a knitting group to yell at the speaker for saying "oriental." I thought that was a pretty rotten thing to do: control freak behavior. I say oriental at every opportunity now. AND I use the word "retarded."

What is really going on is euphemism drift. People want certain serious problems not to exist. So they angrily say you can't say retarded in the hopes that not having a word for it will eliminate the problem. It doesn't, so people quickly develop new terms for the same issue: Special needs, mentally handicapped, etc. This happens with race, too: remember when people couldn't say "Jew," we were all supposed to say "Jewish"? That has stopped, but it's still hard for me. And the words for Negro shift so fast it is impossible to keep up. I finally made an executive decision to say "black" and quit changing.

I think it is important not to allow people to control your language. Don't use terms set aside and intended to hurt and offend people! Like the c-word or the n-word, unless that is what you intend, but letting people set lots of words aside and tell you you can't say them, that's letting people control your thinking and your life.

e QUOTE="aaronleland, post: 18768731, member: 37250"]Why is retard "the r word"? Wouldn't something like rapist be a better r word? Not even retards want to be called rapists. :dunno:[/QUOTE]

The most offensive r-word is the most favorite word of liberals to describe everyone who have the nerve to disagree with them:

RACIST.

Forum List

Back