How people treat animals is telling in how they treat other people.

I wanted to start a very non-partisan thread about a topic I'm strongly passionate about, animals. As a right-winger, some may think I'm soft on animal rights, but actually, I'm nearly in-line with PETA. I'm a huge animal lover...

It is said Adolf Hitler loved his dogs and had a vegetarian type diet. Drawing on your correlations leads to silliness. I suggest we judge people on how they treat Jews and Gypsies.
Good point. I think the OPs point that how we as a society treat animals is valid too. But in evaluating individuals, I have known several misanthropes who are very kind to animals.

I like animals more than people, generally speaking. I never trust anyone who doesn't like animals. It is a good measure of the character of a person.
Same here, though sometimes it's just a case of someone having been deprived of contact with animals, such as dogs, and then having an unnatural fear of them.

I like animals more than people, generally speaking. I never trust anyone who doesn't like animals. It is a good measure of the character of a person.
Same here, though sometimes it's just a case of someone having been deprived of contact with animals, such as dogs, and then having an unnatural fear of them.

True... and I've never wanted to have a cat as a pet.... but I inherited one - an older, one eyed little monster and she has rapidly wormed her way into my heart. To the point that, when I move back to the US, I'm bringing her with. She's adorable!! No one told me cats were so cool!!!

True... and I've never wanted to have a cat as a pet.... but I inherited one - an older, one eyed little monster and she has rapidly wormed her way into my heart. To the point that, when I move back to the US, I'm bringing her with. She's adorable!! No one told me cats were so cool!!!
Sometimes it takes the right cat. They are all so different. Also, I've found that cats treat their pet humans very differently than they treat other humans. If they don't own you, you are pretty much inconsequential to them, just somebody to use to get a scratch behind the ears.

Sometimes it takes the right cat. They are all so different. Also, I've found that cats treat their pet humans very differently than they treat other humans. If they don't own you, you are pretty much inconsequential to them, just somebody to use to get a scratch behind the ears.

This one definitely owns me. :lol::lol::lol: I was just supposed to find a home for her but no one is good enough so she's decided to move in and take over my house. :lol:

I wanted to start a very non-partisan thread about a topic I'm strongly passionate about, animals. As a right-winger, some may think I'm soft on animal rights, but actually, I'm nearly in-line with PETA. I'm a huge animal lover...

It is said Adolf Hitler loved his dogs and had a vegetarian type diet. Drawing on your correlations leads to silliness. I suggest we judge people on how they treat Jews and Gypsies.

Ha, OK lets do that. Lets start with Obama and his treatment of Jews recently. THEN lets go to that old witch hag Helen Thomas in the press corp who this week said the Jews need to be run out of the Middle East and they need to leave and "go back home, to Germany, Poland, the US, or anywhere but Palestine".

Funny. Hitler said in 1939 the Jews needed to "go back home, to Palestine, out of Germany".

Really awesome times we are living in. Hope and Change........for everyone except Jews I suppose.

I like animals and I feel so sorry when I see the birds covered in oil but you have to prioritize with the tragedy in the Gulf. People are suffering terribly, entire industries are absolutely dying.

My opinion of the OP is that we should switch that old adage up and say the way we treat people is indicative of how we treat our animals.

I like animals and I feel so sorry when I see the birds covered in oil but you have to prioritize with the tragedy in the Gulf. People are suffering terribly, entire industries are absolutely dying.

My opinion of the OP is that we should switch that old adage up and say the way we treat people is indicative of how we treat our animals.

sarah the same thing cures both the animals misery and the people's...stopping off shore drilling that is done without regards to the enviroment...

atlantis is still pumping

Very true. This nation sometimes exploits it's citizens as much as and as ruthlessly as it exploits animals.

I really don't know enough about PETA to have an informed opinion of the organization. There have been things they've done that I applaud and statements they've made with which I disagree. Mostly I read a lot of hate directed at them by message board posters which really tell me nothing other than that PETA is a lightning rod and as such, I appreciate them for having brought the issues of humane treatment of animals to the foreground. I credit them for being creative and motivating activists. Because of them I have changed my buying habits to conform to how I think animals should be treated.

Last edited:
Animals are often good judges of character in people.
If my pets do not like you I will not either.

My dog is clueless when it comes to detecting people who are afraid of dogs. It's beyond her scope of imagination that anyone could hate dogs and she thinks everyone must be as overjoyed to see her as she is to see them.

The only people she shies away from are drunks, loudmouths and people with cigarettes in their hands.

My brother once had a dog who hated men with beards. Apparently it's a common phobia for dogs. They must think bearded men are bears or something.

I love animals depending on how they are cooked.

Predictable
4129322738_d4e5fafd54_o.jpg

Predictable - middle collumn, 4th square down
4129322738_d4e5fafd54_o.jpg

THEN lets go to that old witch hag Helen Thomas in the press corp who this week said the Jews need to be run out of the Middle East and they need to leave and "go back home, to Germany, Poland, the US, or anywhere but Palestine".

HT said that ISRAEL should get out of palestine, not JEWS. Only an anti-semite would think that "Israel" = "Jew"

Forum List

Back