How Pelosi Got The Votes

So, here we are. Pelosi got the votes to pass ObamaCare. Some time ago, I started asking around - because I was curious, and because I can - about how those votes were being 'achieved'.

Here is stuff I know, that I haven't seen in the media. Now, I appreciate that the rabids will scream for links but I don't link to the media to back up facts - cuz I know the media and the media and facts are not comfortable bedfellows. Truthfully, I don't care whether people believe me or not, but wait and watch.

The vote count was 219 yes. They needed 216. Where did those few extra votes come from? Well, maybe from here....

In the San Joaquin Valley of California, the Federal Government turned off the water to the farmland - America's breadbasket - to 'save' the smelt fish. Remember that?The farmers vs the fish? The fish won, the farmers lost and the valley is dying. 40% unemployment and huge drops in food production. Well, guess who voted 'yes' - against his better judgement? Congressman Devon Nunes. Guess what happened then? The Federal Government turned the water up by 20% instead of the 5% they had previously stated. 2 votes bought and paid for.

The Immigration issue is the other one. Obama promised the amnesty in return for healthcare votes. I commented on this a few days ago. Look at the timing of the Amnesty march in DC. 2 votes bought - IOU by Obama.

Now, I know, as most reasonable people know, that this is nothing new. It is 'politics as usual'. But.... given that Obama said he was going to clean up Washington, and that his Presidency would be open and transparent, with no special interests, no lobbyists, no back room deals etc.....

Putting the healthcare thing to one side.... and trying to leave the partisanship at the door..... My questions are:

Is it not time that that our congressmen voted in accordance with the view of their district? Is it not time that we said it is no longer acceptable to blackmail, force, bribe or cajole votes from congressmen who were elected by us to serve us?

I am tired of the 'we've always done it this way', 'you're just pissed cuz you lost' and the constant shit from both sides. I just think we as Americans deserve better. I guess I'm still young enough to be idealistic along with my usual cynicism.

I haven't plowed through all the comments here, but I hope by now someone has pointed out the truth about the San Joaquin water allegations. That was another perfect example of how the conservative print and web have completely taken over the voice of the country. What "liberal" media? That water bribe bullshit ONLY appeared in conservative Wall Street Journal and of course picked up as gospel truth by every right wing blogsite and Fox "analyst" available. The FACTS were quite simple, if cons would simply take a few extra minutes to VERIFY what they read. In this case, the hysterical right's allegations of bribery ignore reporting that the allocation increase is due to more winter rain.

Storms mean CA farmers, cities will get more water - Yahoo! News

So, here we are. Pelosi got the votes to pass ObamaCare. Some time ago, I started asking around - because I was curious, and because I can - about how those votes were being 'achieved'.

Here is stuff I know, that I haven't seen in the media. Now, I appreciate that the rabids will scream for links but I don't link to the media to back up facts - cuz I know the media and the media and facts are not comfortable bedfellows. Truthfully, I don't care whether people believe me or not, but wait and watch.

The vote count was 219 yes. They needed 216. Where did those few extra votes come from? Well, maybe from here....

In the San Joaquin Valley of California, the Federal Government turned off the water to the farmland - America's breadbasket - to 'save' the smelt fish. Remember that?The farmers vs the fish? The fish won, the farmers lost and the valley is dying. 40% unemployment and huge drops in food production. Well, guess who voted 'yes' - against his better judgement? Congressman Devon Nunes. Guess what happened then? The Federal Government turned the water up by 20% instead of the 5% they had previously stated. 2 votes bought and paid for.

The Immigration issue is the other one. Obama promised the amnesty in return for healthcare votes. I commented on this a few days ago. Look at the timing of the Amnesty march in DC. 2 votes bought - IOU by Obama.

Now, I know, as most reasonable people know, that this is nothing new. It is 'politics as usual'. But.... given that Obama said he was going to clean up Washington, and that his Presidency would be open and transparent, with no special interests, no lobbyists, no back room deals etc.....

Putting the healthcare thing to one side.... and trying to leave the partisanship at the door..... My questions are:

Is it not time that that our congressmen voted in accordance with the view of their district? Is it not time that we said it is no longer acceptable to blackmail, force, bribe or cajole votes from congressmen who were elected by us to serve us?

I am tired of the 'we've always done it this way', 'you're just pissed cuz you lost' and the constant shit from both sides. I just think we as Americans deserve better. I guess I'm still young enough to be idealistic along with my usual cynicism.

I haven't plowed through all the comments here, but I hope by now someone has pointed out the truth about the San Joaquin water allegations. That was another perfect example of how the conservative print and web have completely taken over the voice of the country. What "liberal" media? That water bribe bullshit ONLY appeared in conservative Wall Street Journal and of course picked up as gospel truth by every right wing blogsite and Fox "analyst" available. The FACTS were quite simple, if cons would simply take a few extra minutes to VERIFY what they read. In this case, the hysterical right's allegations of bribery ignore reporting that the allocation increase is due to more winter rain.

Storms mean CA farmers, cities will get more water - Yahoo! News
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So much for her top secret sources only available to a "writer."

And so much for her pretense to be anything but a "conservative."

All of the deals are in violation of the Equal Protection Clause in the 14th Amendment.

You are, unfortunately, unable to take partisanship out of the discussion. That's fine. I am. I have and will continue to be anti-corruption in government... whether it is on the right or the left... perhaps it's easier for me because I have no allegiance to either party.

You are, unfortunately, incapable of recognizing the fact that your view of "corruption" is merely a condemnation of the left. There is no "corruption" in anything you've posted. Nothing you've said will lead to corruption charges against anyone. You're just hating on Pelosi and Reid, pure and simple. They've done nothing illegal but here you are declaring them CORRUPT!!! Name the corruption laws they've broken. There aren't any. You just don't like the fact that they won.

We can all see what you're doing here.

Promising a rep/senator something special for his or her district for a 'yes' vote on a piece of legislation isn't corruption? :cuckoo:

You are, unfortunately, unable to take partisanship out of the discussion. That's fine. I am. I have and will continue to be anti-corruption in government... whether it is on the right or the left... perhaps it's easier for me because I have no allegiance to either party.

You are, unfortunately, incapable of recognizing the fact that your view of "corruption" is merely a condemnation of the left. There is no "corruption" in anything you've posted. Nothing you've said will lead to corruption charges against anyone. You're just hating on Pelosi and Reid, pure and simple. They've done nothing illegal but here you are declaring them CORRUPT!!! Name the corruption laws they've broken. There aren't any. You just don't like the fact that they won.

Promising a rep/senator something special for his or her district for a 'yes' vote on a piece of legislation isn't corruption? :cuckoo:

Although I didn't like to see it happen here, it happens ALL THE TIME. Back room deals are historic. Know thy history, which isn't even hidden. Usually, among Congresspeople, the way it goes is "If you vote for my bill, which my constituents want and are pushing hard for, I'll vote for yours." It becomes corrupt when it is outside lobbyists who move a legislator's decision to vote yay or nay.

This is a huge victory for the majority of Americans and the Democratic party.

People need to realize that when the Republicans talk about Americans, they are only talking about the rich Americans that they serve. When they say, "this will raise Americans taxes", they are referring to the rich.

But they don't want you to know that. And technically, they didn't lie. It is going to raise some Americans taxes.

And this bill is going to mean many Americans will make more money, so yes, they will be paying more taxes, because they will be making more money.

But Republicans don't tell you all the facts. They are selective in what facts they present.

Forcing every American to buy insurance is a great idea. Why? Because it will force the government to come up with a cheap/singlepayer/public option.

We can't force people to buy insurance from FOR PROFIT companies who are gouging us so their CEO's can make $100 billion dollars. They must come up with a cheap alternative if everyone must participate.

I can't wait to have the public option. I'll tell my company to just pay me the difference for what I saved them in benefits.

I asked a question???? I am certain when she comes back on, that SHE will answer me on it....si modo.

How about YOU, where were YOU on the CORRUPTION that took place in order to pass the Republican Medicare Pill bill and WHY would you trust ANYTHING any Republican does after such corruption?

The point, is that we don't have much of a choice, perhaps? Choosing the lesser of two evils....?

so are you actually trying to sell the bullshit that since republicans were corrupt you are fine with the dems doing it too>>> holy shit,, now I've seen pigs fly.

Republicans actually were corrupt and they are doing prison time for it....we will see if anything comes out about the Democrats actually breaking the law and being charged with such... as the republicans....

It is possible that when the dust settles, actual crimes will be more evident....

As I see now, there was bartering, but not corruption, as cali indicated in her original post imo.

oh that's so damn cool,, when dems are corrupt it's bartering! :lol::lol:

Forcing every American to buy insurance is a great idea. Why? Because it will force the government to come up with a cheap/singlepayer/public option.

We can't force people to buy insurance from FOR PROFIT companies who are gouging us so their CEO's can make $100 billion dollars. They must come up with a cheap alternative if everyone must participate.

I can't wait to have the public option. I'll tell my company to just pay me the difference for what I saved them in benefits.

and sucker of the sugar tit brigade.

no sweety it's bartering, and it will be bartering until Republicans are in office then it will revert to corruption.. :lol:

While I, as an individual, will not vote for anyone who voted 'yes' to the bill, I am not really talking about the healthcare bill. I am talking about honesty and openness in politics. I just think it is time that we demanded that the people elected to represent us do so honestly. If they can't do that, they shouldn't be representing us.

This is not about democrats or republicans, left or right, it's about quality. I think we deserve better than corruption, blackmail, backroom deals, bribery or any underhand tactic.

Really now? This year-long healthcare fight has been the most open and publicly accessible legislative process in all of American history. The entire scope of the the bill has been sliced and diced in the full public sphere. There are no secrets here of any kind. There are just a lot of things that a lot of people don't like. We got to see it all, and I mean ALL OF IT!!!

You just don't like it that your side lost.

Bullshit we didn't get to see any of the arm twisting and bribes that took place last weekend all behind closed doors. I can't wait for the deals and bribes and threats to be uncovered, what it took Nancy and Dingle Barry to buy those yes votes. This will not be forgotten by the American people. The peoples will was ignored. There will be record turnout this November election day!!!! these yes voters will pay with their jobs!!!!

WOW!!!! You have been outed... you are a piece of work...If you are an author, then I'm George Washington...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3wPGuwtAEM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3wPGuwtAEM[/ame]

Last edited:

the water was already due for it to go to 25% from the 5%, BEFORE obama met with them regarding healthcare...there was no deal made...so, you are wrong in that assumption. And glenn beck was wrong, who DID report on it, so it was covered in the media.

it would not be much of a deal, the valley needs all of their water, 100% of it...

obama has always been for some sort of amnesty, for the illegals here....so what's new to these congressmen...and obama can not change or legislate this....he is no longer in the senate or congress....

i don't know what obama could offer in that arena for these 2 votes?

well, i don't know how he could promise such....he got the primary win through a back room negotiation deal....if memory serves me..... :(

it was TIME during the last administration!!! but none of you were around then....? ;)

I saw absolutely nothing unusual in the methods used by Congress (both houses) to pass this bill....maybe i am the cynic

And I have less of an issue with congressmen negotiating with each other or the president with congressmen because, this is what "they do" and SHOULD DO with each other, there should be give and take with their own priorities for their own districts.

I do have problems with highly paid lobbyists paying congressmen to vote in the best interest of the lobby business it represents, instead of the people....

i do believe this bill is a gift horse to the insurance, pharma and medical industry.

I saw absolutely nothing unusual in the methods used by Congress (both houses) to pass this bill....maybe i am the cynic

And I have less of an issue with congressmen negotiating with each other or the president with congressmen because, this is what "they do" and SHOULD DO with each other, there should be give and take with their own priorities for their own districts.

I do have problems with highly paid lobbyists paying congressmen to vote in the best interest of the lobby business it represents, instead of the people....

i do believe this bill is a gift horse to the insurance, pharma and medical industry.

"Whipping" (look it up) has been done in our Government since the 1700's. You're right, nothing was unusual at all about the Congressional methods. I also agree about lobbyists paying Congressman, but that's illegal to do-so directly. They can donate to a campaign, etc.................but directly giving them personal money would constitute as bribery/illegal.

Although I didn't like to see it happen here, it happens ALL THE TIME. Back room deals are historic. Know thy history, which isn't even hidden. Usually, among Congresspeople, the way it goes is "If you vote for my bill, which my constituents want and are pushing hard for, I'll vote for yours." It becomes corrupt when it is outside lobbyists who move a legislator's decision to vote yay or nay.

I don't care how often it happens or who does it, it has nothing to do with 'history', it has to stop. And until we hold them accountable for it, it will continue. It shows that these people lack any fortitude in their beliefs, they can be bought like a common whore on a street corner. Only they're even lower than that because they're using our money to do it. At least the whore is earning an honest living.

the water was already due for it to go to 25% from the 5%, BEFORE obama met with them regarding healthcare...there was no deal made...so, you are wrong in that assumption. And glenn beck was wrong, who DID report on it, so it was covered in the media.

it would not be much of a deal, the valley needs all of their water, 100% of it...

obama has always been for some sort of amnesty, for the illegals here....so what's new to these congressmen...and obama can not change or legislate this....he is no longer in the senate or congress....

well, i don't know how he could promise such....he got the primary win through a back room negotiation deal....if memory serves me..... :(

it was TIME during the last administration!!! but none of you were around then....? ;)

Sorry Care, but I don't see how making deals with fellow reps and voting for or against something based on what they want you to do is for the 'good of the people' either. That's not what they were sent there to do.

Sorry Care, but I don't see how making deals with fellow reps and voting for or against something based on what they want you to do is for the 'good of the people' either. That's not what they were sent there to do.

It is a POSITION in the House....the Minority WHIP or the majority WHIP.....

it IS PART of the way congress WAS SET UP....with the WHIPS in charge of doing the WHIPPING to get all congressmen herded together on a vote.

A whip is a role in party politics whose primary purpose is to ensure control of the formal decision-making process in a parliamentary legislature. Whips are party 'enforcers', who typically offer both inducements and punishments to party members. In modern times, most whips are concerned primarily with ensuring a desired attendance for an important vote. The usage comes from the hunting term whipping in, i.e. preventing hounds from wandering away from the pack.

so, i see this as part of legal moves of the house.

care

it IS PART of the way congress WAS SET UP....with the WHIPS in charge of doing the WHIPPING to get all congressmen herded together on a vote.

A whip is a role in party politics whose primary purpose is to ensure control of the formal decision-making process in a parliamentary legislature. Whips are party 'enforcers', who typically offer both inducements and punishments to party members. In modern times, most whips are concerned primarily with ensuring a desired attendance for an important vote. The usage comes from the hunting term whipping in, i.e. preventing hounds from wandering away from the pack.

care

I understand what you are saying, but if you have convictions in your beliefs, you shouldn't be able to be bought or 'whipped' into agreeing otherwise, especially if it isn't for the good of the people that you represent. These people aren't supposed to be sheep or dogs that need herding, I would hope they would have more rock solid convictions than that.

care

I guess some people are either naive or to young to know what goes on and what has gone on in Congress.

Pelosi, Hoyer and Clyburn are mild and civil compared to predecessors.

Tom DeLay may have been the worst, by Democrats have had their 'persuaders'

The one that comes to mind was Senate majority whip, Lyndon B. Johnson

nytjohnson02.jpg

johnsontreatment01.jpg
lbjrichardrussell.jpg

If you fold and give up your own beliefs and convictions through intimidation, then you don't deserve to be there. Vote them out.

Forum List

Back