How Pelosi Got The Votes

While I, as an individual, will not vote for anyone who voted 'yes' to the bill, I am not really talking about the healthcare bill. I am talking about honesty and openness in politics. I just think it is time that we demanded that the people elected to represent us do so honestly. If they can't do that, they shouldn't be representing us.

This is not about democrats or republicans, left or right, it's about quality. I think we deserve better than corruption, blackmail, backroom deals, bribery or any underhand tactic.

Really now? This year-long healthcare fight has been the most open and publicly accessible legislative process in all of American history. The entire scope of the the bill has been sliced and diced in the full public sphere. There are no secrets here of any kind. There are just a lot of things that a lot of people don't like. We got to see it all, and I mean ALL OF IT!!!

You just don't like it that your side lost.

Bullshit we didn't get to see any of the arm twisting and bribes that took place last weekend all behind closed doors. I can't wait for the deals and bribes and threats to be uncovered, what it took Nancy and Dingle Barry to buy those yes votes. This will not be forgotten by the American people. The peoples will was ignored. There will be record turnout this November election day!!!! these yes voters will pay with their jobs!!!!

So, you think the Democrats who voted "yes" will all be voted out of office?

In the San Joaquin Valley of California, the Federal Government turned off the water to the farmland - America's breadbasket - to 'save' the smelt fish. Remember that?The farmers vs the fish? The fish won, the farmers lost and the valley is dying. 40% unemployment and huge drops in food production. Well, guess who voted 'yes' - against his better judgement? Congressman Devon Nunes. Guess what happened then? The Federal Government turned the water up by 20% instead of the 5% they had previously stated. 2 votes bought and paid for.

How so? Seems 20% of their historical water allocation isn't anything Congressman Nunes will be able to hang his hat on.

Ken Salazar, secretary of the Department of the Interior, said that he hopes the allocation will reach as much as 30% if the state receives additional precipitation, and that 8% to 10 % more may also be made available through administrative actions.

The announcement was not warmly received by groups representing area growers, who said the government is putting their members in an untenable position. “Farmers have to make business decisions for the year right now, but today’s announcement – maybe 5%, maybe another 8 to 10% on top of that, but maybe 30% – only adds confusion to despair,” said Tom Nassif, Western Growers’ president and CEO “We all hope a ‘dry year’ scenario that would result in a 5% allocation does not come true. The federal government today pointed out the obvious – that California is experiencing an average water year to date – and said if this condition continues the allocation could be as high as 30%

Growing Produce - San Joaquin Valley Growers Get 5% Water Allocation

While I, as an individual, will not vote for anyone who voted 'yes' to the bill, I am not really talking about the healthcare bill. I am talking about honesty and openness in politics. I just think it is time that we demanded that the people elected to represent us do so honestly. If they can't do that, they shouldn't be representing us.

This is not about democrats or republicans, left or right, it's about quality. I think we deserve better than corruption, blackmail, backroom deals, bribery or any underhand tactic.

Really now? This year-long healthcare fight has been the most open and publicly accessible legislative process in all of American history. The entire scope of the the bill has been sliced and diced in the full public sphere. There are no secrets here of any kind. There are just a lot of things that a lot of people don't like. We got to see it all, and I mean ALL OF IT!!!

You just don't like it that your side lost.

Please explain in the past week alone all of the "closed door" meetings the Dems had. The doors were not transparent.

And people ask me why I never bother debating anything on this forum. :rolleyes:

Agreed. It seems to have become nothing more than a name calling, un fact checked, High School conversation, social networking board. True debates on the issues are few and far between with no real substantive, well informed factual responses.

If you fold and give up your own beliefs and convictions through intimidation, then you don't deserve to be there. Vote them out.

So...do you think any of the Republicans were intimidated into voting "no" on the Healthcare Bill?

I would hope that they didn't have to resort to that since a 'no' was upholding the nation's constitution and protecting the citizens from an out of control federal government.

Forum List

Back