How 'Out of Touch' Are the Dems At Town Halls?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Very.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Video: A Corker of a town hall

Read the whole thing, catch the video:

Video: A Corker of a town hall
POSTED AT 2:22 PM ON AUGUST 18, 2009 BY ED MORRISSEY
SHARE ON FACEBOOK | PRINTER-FRIENDLY

Lest anyone believe that Democrats have gotten all of the heat from angry constituents over health-care reform, Tennessee’s WATE reports on a lively meeting hosted by Senator Bob Corker (R) for his Bradley County constituents. Despite already having established his opposition to ObamaCare, voters overflowed out of a Lee University meeting room to push the point home with Corker. Mostly, they expressed anger from being mischaracterized as un-American and racist for opposing a government takeover of health care:

yah...sure...

i think the better question is how stupid are the pathetic rabble rousers for allowiong themselves to be misinformed and have their strings pulled by the insrance lobby...

typical rightwingnuts going against their own self interest to serve their corporate masters.

Trolling as usual. If you actual engaged your brain and tried to actual participate in a discussion you would probably have a seizure and be hospitalized. You are NOTHING but an apologist for Obama and the Democrats. You can not even articulate why you support him other then cause he was the Democratic Nominee and want to claim others are partisan.

It would be truly fun if it were not so prevalent on your side of the aisle.

"How out of" -- wait. I'm sorry, did you say "how out...."

Oh man, I'm having a hard time hearing. Did you say "How out of touch are Democrats at...

Oh man, I missed it again. A little louder please. "How out of touch are Democrats at Town Hall meetings?" Ok, got it.

I'm sorry, there was some jerks standing next to me with "Obama is Hitler" signs and I couldn't hear over their screaming. Funny, the news-guy ask one if they had "health insurance" and the guy said no but that he had "Medicare". So the news guy ask why was he here then and the guy said to stop government run insurance. I'm guessing he didn't know that Medicare IS government run insurance.

yah...sure...

i think the better question is how stupid are the pathetic rabble rousers for allowiong themselves to be misinformed and have their strings pulled by the insrance lobby...

typical rightwingnuts going against their own self interest to serve their corporate masters.

Rabble rousers? Really? Did you watch the video? Those were ordinary everyday people that don't want the federal government to takeover the healthcare industry.

"How out of" -- wait. I'm sorry, did you say "how out...."

Oh man, I'm having a hard time hearing. Did you say "How out of touch are Democrats at...

Oh man, I missed it again. A little louder please. "How out of touch are Democrats at Town Hall meetings?" Ok, got it.

I'm sorry, there was some jerks standing next to me with "Obama is Hitler" signs and I couldn't hear over their screaming. Funny, the news-guy ask one if they had "health insurance" and the guy said no but that he had "Medicare". So the news guy ask why was he here then and the guy said to stop government run insurance. I'm guessing he didn't know that Medicare IS government run insurance.

You truly are one of the reasons this policy will fail. Shouldn't, but it will.

Wow... You would think that a government that wanted to control the health care for all the citizens in the country could at least control a 250 member town hall meeting. That's that good Democrat leadership coming out in them. Yeah. Run right down there and tell them how much you want their help to manage your medical affairs.:lol::lol::lol:

Wow... You would think that a government that wanted to control the health care for all the citizens in the country could at least control a 250 member town hall meeting. That's that good Democrat leadership coming out in them. Yeah. Run right down there and tell them how much you want their help to manage your medical affairs.:lol::lol::lol:

What should they have done? Shoot them? We can't all act like Republicans. Imagine how awful that would be if we all acted like Republicans. No scientists. Forced prayer in public schools. No higher education.

You know what that would mean? No big screen TV's. No military complex (except on horses). No microwave ovens.

If you moved all Republicans to, say the deep south, and renamed that a different country, say, "Confederacy", how long before they ran out of beer?

What should they have done? Shoot them? We can't all act like Republicans. Imagine how awful that would be if we all acted like Republicans. No scientists. Forced prayer in public schools. No higher education.

You know what that would mean? No big screen TV's. No military complex (except on horses). No microwave ovens.

If you moved all Republicans to, say the deep south, and renamed that a different country, say, "Confederacy", how long before they ran out of beer?

I think it must be time for your medications... Check your watch.:cuckoo:

were you born stupid or were you dropped on your head at some point in your life?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

were you born stupid or were you dropped on your head at some point in your life?

I'm going with dropped on his head.

I saw the video and read the article.

Pure unadulterated Republican ignorance and rhetoric at its finest.

Firstly, the crowd was largely Republican at the TH meeting, which would explain the ignorance.

Secondly, these people are now harping on about how they "don't want the government to tell them when to end their/their family's lives" when, in fact, under the Republican Regime of Herr Bush they, the guvmint, decided to override a family's decision of end-of-life-care with the Shiavo fiasco.

The hypocicy is staggering.

These people are like The Hulk. They get mad and enraged from watching FAUXNews and start on a rampage. "Republican smash!" They can't hear anything, see anything or think about anything except "No! Must smash Obama/care!" Then they want to get offended when they cool off for 2 seconds they want to get offended they the media has referred to them as less than civilized.

Can you believe these ignorant fucks?

Firstly, the crowd was largely Republican at the TH meeting, which would explain the ignorance.

Secondly, these people are now harping on about how they "don't want the government to tell them when to end their/their family's lives" when, in fact, under the Republican Regime of Herr Bush they, the guvmint, decided to override a family's decision of end-of-life-care with the Shiavo fiasco.

These people are like The Hulk. They get mad and enraged from watching FAUXNews and start on a rampage. "Republican smash!" They can't hear anything, see anything or think about anything except "No! Must smash Obama/care!" Then they want to get offended when they cool off for 2 seconds they want to get offended they the media has referred to them as less than civilized.

Here I thought the Shiavo case was decided by a court...
What a fucking troll you are....
Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Terri Schiavo case (pronounced /ˈʃaɪvoʊ/) was a successful seven-year long legal effort by Michael Schiavo to have his wife, Terri Schiavo — diagnosed as being in a persistent vegetative state (PVS) for several years — disconnected from her life-sustaining feeding tube, which subsequently resulted in her death by dehydration. As early as 1993, Michael, as Terri's guardian, had entered a do not resuscitate order for her but was convinced by the nursing home staff to have it rescinded; in 1998 he petitioned the Sixth Circuit Court of Florida (Pinellas County) to remove her feeding tube under Florida Statutes Section 765.401(3).[2] He was opposed by Terri's parents, Robert and Mary Schindler, who argued that Terri was conscious. Michael later transferred his authority over the matter to the court, which determined that Terri would not wish to continue life-prolonging measures.[3]

On April 24, 2001 Schiavo's feeding tube was removed for the first time and then later reinserted several days later as legal decisions were made; increasing media attention led to involvement by politicians and advocacy groups, particularly those involved in the pro-life movement and disability rights, including members of the Florida Legislature, the United States Congress, and the President of the United States.[4] In March 2005 President Bush returned to Washington D.C. from a vacation to sign legislation designed to keep Schiavo alive, making the case a major national news story throughout that month. In all, the Schiavo case involved 14 appeals and numerous motions, petitions, and hearings in the Florida courts; five suits in federal district court; Florida legislation struck down by the Supreme Court of Florida; a subpoena by a congressional committee to qualify Schiavo for witness protection; federal legislation (the Palm Sunday Compromise); and four denials of certiorari from the Supreme Court of the United States.[5]

yah...sure...

i see you are following Obama's lead

No Asshole...the Bush Regime and the Republithugs politicized the entire situation turning it into this big national debate when it didn't have to. Before they put their damned hands on the situation it was already decided to end her life because her husband already had the spoken consent of his wife to do so.

and here is a prime example of a democrat being out of touch with reality

No Asshole...the Bush Regime and the Republithugs politicized the entire situation turning it into this big national debate when it didn't have to. Before they put their damned hands on the situation it was already decided to end her life because her husband already had the spoken consent of his wife to do so.
no, the thugs were wearing SEIU purple

Umm...the husband handed his authority over to the courts. But your intelligence level is quite clear, I don't blame you for missing that tiny detail.

Forum List

Back