How on God’s Green Earth Is the B-52 Still in Service?

B-52 are only active in 9 years to 2025 then they have 4 + 1 new bomb plannes.

Which the new bomb plane name are or ready for action all ready anybody else ??

F-16 plus F-15 are active air crafts in ten years upod then they scrove.

F-35 replacements then F-22 Raptor and then F-18 E/F Super Hornet.

Only this 3 pcs future air craft + transport planes and helicopter.

Only attack helicopter will go down in service from 900 pcs to 400 pcs.

Russia will double size upod from today's 130 pcs.

United States most have more than Russia I knows.

United States I will them to go down with proffesionel armies.

Nothing Army then down with Air Force personnal and down war ships.

National Guard are the new Army soldiers I wanted.

Like South Korea proffesionel armies strenght I will. Excastly.

Writen in that site I read for one month back Global Fire Power maybe truth.

b52-stratofortress-1024x683.jpg

It's probably older than the majority of users here. I can remember when it first flew out of the big air base outside of Riverside, Calif. And the shock to the system when it carpet-bombed 5 miles away in 'Nam.

To ensure that some great-grandkids will have a crack at the B-52, the team in charge of increasing the planes’ lifespan is constantly deploying tactics and procedures—non-destructive inspections, structural integrity evaluations—to study how well the airframes are aging, and what steps can be taken to keep them in top condition. This is, after all, new territory for the military, and aviation in general. But so far, everything suggests that these airplanes can keep flying long past 2040.

Story @ How on God’s Green Earth Is the B-52 Still in Service?

Hey - I saw B-52s as a kid (Old man was a pilot in the Air Force), I saw them when I was in Viet Nam as a 11B (it's unbelievable what they can do to square acreage) and I hope to see them for years to come. I have been a proponent of sending them to Raqqa - to level that place to sand for the longest time. Glad to see them FINALLY being utilized properly. As a kid, I always wondered how the hell they could actually lift off from the ground when the wings were full of fuel. Unbelievable.

Now I thinks not National Guard only Army, Marines and Marin Corps in territory soldiers.

Is planned 335,000 in National Guard in closer to western U.S. but not my new plan.

I will nothing South Korea sizes now. 1,200,000 forces is avaible. 811,000 in reserve.

The problem with the military is the top brass and politicians craze for shiny new crap. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The problem with the military is the top brass and politicians craze for shiny new crap. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The problem is that Air Force brass never desired the conventional bombing mission

The days of a B-52 carpet bombing an area are gone. precision munitions make it unnecessary

Amazing aircraft....we got our moneys worth on that one
If you remember the 1950s, most jets only stuck around for a few years

C-130 is another airframe that has survived decades of service

Glad you brought that up. Another would be the KC-135 and another would be the U-2.

Is the U-2 still flying?
The U-2 was made obsolete by modern spy satellites.

That's what I thought

Same as the SR-71

You thought wrong. The SR-71 is still flying but for NASA. It costs way too much for a Military Recon bird. But the U-2 just went in for a new mod. Its still around and will be replaced. But not by Sats, it's replacement is being build from U-2 Parts and Drone parts but that's a long time in the future for all the U-2s to be taken out of service. Another case of, you built is right in the first place.

Forum List

Back