Votes: 9 34.6%
  • 60-69

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 70-79

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
30 wasn't bad for me. It fits my theory.

When you're just a kid, you're a kid. Your life is kid stuff.
When you're a teenager, you're so busy stuffing your head up your own ass you have no time to really start living.
When you're in your 20's, youre so busy trying to get your head back out of your ass, you have no time to really start living.
So....by the time you're done with all that, life really does begin at 30. :cool:

I'm looking at 40 coming up sooner than I'd like though. Now THAT one's gonna hurt.
I think I was putting my head in my ass in my twenties. I was good when I was in high school and before I turned 21.

OK, so you were a late bloomer. ;)
I was a badass young and got it out of my system, so it worked for me.
Seriously, I didn't have a problem with 30. Or 35 even. You'll still be young. Just a young adult, not a pup.
At 40 people start thinking of women as ""middle aged". That's what I'm going to have a problem with. :eek:
I think it has just been hard recently because I have gone back to college and I am in school running start students who are in high school and then 20 year olds.

I think I was putting my head in my ass in my twenties. I was good when I was in high school and before I turned 21.

OK, so you were a late bloomer. ;)
I was a badass young and got it out of my system, so it worked for me.
Seriously, I didn't have a problem with 30. Or 35 even. You'll still be young. Just a young adult, not a pup.
At 40 people start thinking of women as ""middle aged". That's what I'm going to have a problem with. :eek:
I think it has just been hard recently because I have gone back to college and I am in school running start students who are in high school and then 20 year olds.

I went back to school around 30 too. For some reason that didn't bother me as much. Maybe because it was grad school, so the others were that much older too. I feel your pain though, aren't there other non-trads there?

I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth. I'll be 57 by the end of the year. Physically I don't feel 56 but I am reminded every time I look in the mirror.:frown:

I'll be 34 next month, but I don't fear getting old. Every day I wake up is a bonus. I just want to stay around long enough to get old!

Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it. :D

In a couple of weeks I'll be the exact age my dad was when he died. 54 years, 9 months, 22 days.
Very sobering thought. Think I'll get drunk.

As an old friend of mine likes to say: I'm 29 with experience. In my case that would be 29 with 26 years experience.
30, 40 & 50 weren't that big of a deal except that after 40 time seems to accelerate. 54 was when it hit me, I still think of myself as 29 but my body is starting to remind me I'm not.

What astounds me about getting older (I'm 59 in a few weeks) is how relative time really is.

When I was a kid the prospect of enjoying the summer meant forever not having to go to school,.

Now I honestly think I could hold my breath for a summer.

When my kid says "new music" he means something that came out in the last six months.

To me new music is anything that was composed in the last decade.

About the only advantage that I really get from growing older is that I am now much more patient about letting things happen in their own good time.

I suspect that for most of us, the best age for men is between 30 and 50. People are just then begining to take us seriously

For women, I think the best age ranges from sometime in HS through their mid 30s or so.

People start taking girls seriously because sexually (and emotioally, too, I think) they're maturing so much more quickly than males.

Last edited:
Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it. :D

In a couple of weeks I'll be the exact age my dad was when he died. 54 years, 9 months, 22 days.
Very sobering thought. Think I'll get drunk.

My mom says "Old enough to know better, but too young to resist." ;)

Forum List

Back