How often do you take the train?

How often have you taken the train?

• Total voters
How often have you taken the train state side?

from LA to san fran is costing of 60 Billion, in tax money. money that will have to be added to the debt or printed, devaluing the dollar even more and putting the screws to the working poor.

Why would any moral human being support such an atrocity in ever state?

$60 billion is chump change, we spent that in six months invading and occupying Iraq. Why would any sane human being support such an atrocity as was that war?

That said we take BART everytime we go into San Francisco ('cept for Niner Games 'cause we tailgate). When it's hot in the Tri-Valley (90 +) we often hop on BART and then transfer to Lt. Rail and have dinner in The City. San Francisco on a summer's eve can be 30 or more degrees cooler than many parts of the Bay Area (and the restaurants in SF are many and are great, especially in the neighborhoods vis a vis the tourist traps).

good for you, actually sounds very cool.

Now, why should I pay for it?
Why should someone far away, but still in CA pay for it?
why can't a private company do this?

and that 60 billion, thats over double the estimate, and no work has started.

and

Obama wants about 30 of these projects. You really wanna dump over a trillion just so you can go have dinner?

BART is not high speed rail; Lt. Rail is not high speed rail. I have taken high speed trains in Europe and the regular train from Philadelphia to NYC and like that method to travel over the airplane. Having 'commutted' for meetings and such to LA for several years I would have much apprecitated a train. Simply getting to and from Airports is a waste of time.

No private company can affodr to build high speed rail; however, private contractors will build the system. Sadly most will use union employees and I know that pisses off some. Building high speed rail across the nation will provide jobs, jobs, jobs, now and into the future.

Who's going to pay for it if the private sector can not? Our red inked federal, state and local government? Thwe whole nation is in complete hock and LOLberals want to go to the "magic" tree in the white house lawn and "pick" some more money to pay for things we can't afford. Color me shocked.

Thank you.

someone that knows it would be a wast of money.

Curious; if it were free to build, free to construct and free to maintain, would you say "no" still?

Free?

I'll do you one better

If it didn't use tax money, I'd totally support anything being built.

but if obamas full plan goes forward it will cost over a Trillion

So your objection is tax money being spent. Okay. Perfectly valid opinion but not what was represented earlier.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/226912-bullet-trains-who-would-have-thought.html#post5391087

Totally ripping off Annie.

I've taken the train twice in my life, both for vacations.

It was cheaper to fly and faster. The only downside to driving instead is that you have to actually drive.

So why bother with bullet trains?
I haven't taken the train in the US for years, because they're slow. I have taken high speed trains in Europe a lot. They're very fast and get me from the center of one city to the center of another ... no trips to and from an airport.

Taking a train cross-country in the US is more expensive than flying.

I took it a couple of times between Portland and Pendleton...before it was discontinued.

I prefer trains to planes. I love them, no driving, you get to know people, it's romantic and relaxing.

Bullet trains are a great idea.

Train rides are awesome.

You get to see the country side, meet people from all over, and it's dining out for all your meals.

romantic? you dirty girl you....

a bullet train would kill that fun, since the view would just flash by

not to mention the trillion plus to install them just between major cities

Which shows you've never been on one.

I've been on bullet trains in Europe and Japan. I took the MagLev in China. The view does not "Flash" by.

No it doesn't it just goes a little faster, it's not like fast forward or anything... :lol:

Train rides are awesome.

You get to see the country side, meet people from all over, and it's dining out for all your meals.

romantic? you dirty girl you....

a bullet train would kill that fun, since the view would just flash by

not to mention the trillion plus to install them just between major cities

Which shows you've never been on one.

I've been on bullet trains in Europe and Japan. I took the MagLev in China. The view does not "Flash" by.

No it doesn't it just goes a little faster, it's not like fast forward or anything... :lol:
Obviously Thumbs has never been on a high speed train, and, like many, is eager to condemn the idea of high speed trains while remaining ignorant of them.

Your train of logic is missing a few cars.

When you were a kid, did someone tell you that there is no such thing as a stupid question?

How often have you taken the train stateside?

I'm going to go with never.

why?

b/c planes are faster and cars get you where you specifically need to be.

In the 50's we chose roads and cars over trains b/c it was a smarter and better idea since we have so much open area and still do.

The EU has little open region

going back to trains is idiotic and wasteful, you only support it b/c obama told you too

You still have to travel to the train stations. I suppose some think it's good to sit on a bus through a dozen stops to get to the station. You'd have to leave an hour earlier for work. Makes for an even longer day.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/226912-bullet-trains-who-would-have-thought.html#post5391087

Totally ripping off Annie.

I've taken the train twice in my life, both for vacations.

It was cheaper to fly and faster. The only downside to driving instead is that you have to actually drive.

So why bother with bullet trains?

I've taken the train thousands of times, however I only take it when I want to go downtown Chicago....

I never drive down to the city (downtown/loop) - parking is rare and expensive. It's easier to just take the train and then grab a cab.... If I have to/want to go to other parts of the city I'll drive tho.

Your train of logic is missing a few cars.

When you were a kid, did someone tell you that there is no such thing as a stupid question?

How often have you taken the train stateside?

I'm going to go with never.

why?

b/c planes are faster and cars get you where you specifically need to be.

In the 50's we chose roads and cars over trains b/c it was a smarter and better idea since we have so much open area and still do.

The EU has little open region

going back to trains is idiotic and wasteful, you only support it b/c obama told you too

You still have to travel to the train stations. I suppose some think it's good to sit on a bus through a dozen stops to get to the station. You'd have to leave an hour earlier for work. Makes for an even longer day.
The high speed train takes you into the heart of the city. The long bus rides are what you take when traveling to and from airports.

Forum List

Back