How often do you take the train?

How often have you taken the train?

• Total voters
It doesn't matter what topic is being discussed. Nutters habitually fall on the side of stupid.

I experienced the speed, efficiency and economy of a nationwide rail system while living in Japan years ago. Opposing a high speed rail program for the United States is nothing more than another way that the disloyal opposition digs in their heels.

It doesn't matter what topic is being discussed. Nutters habitually fall on the side of stupid.

I experienced the speed, efficiency and economy of a nationwide rail system while living in Japan years ago. Opposing a high speed rail program for the United States is nothing more than another way that the disloyal opposition digs in their heels.

How often have you taken the train state side?

from LA to san fran is costing of 60 Billion, in tax money. money that will have to be added to the debt or printed, devaluing the dollar even more and putting the screws to the working poor.

Why would any moral human being support such an atrocity in ever state?

Your train of logic is missing a few cars.

When you were a kid, did someone tell you that there is no such thing as a stupid question?

How often have you taken the train stateside?

I'm going to go with never.

why?

b/c planes are faster and cars get you where you specifically need to be.

In the 50's we chose roads and cars over trains b/c it was a smarter and better idea since we have so much open area and still do.

The EU has little open region

going back to trains is idiotic and wasteful, you only support it b/c obama told you too

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/226912-bullet-trains-who-would-have-thought.html#post5391087

Totally ripping off Annie.

I've taken the train twice in my life, both for vacations.

It was cheaper to fly and faster. The only downside to driving instead is that you have to actually drive.

So why bother with bullet trains?

I prefer trains to planes. I love them, no driving, you get to know people, it's romantic and relaxing.

Bullet trains are a great idea.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/226912-bullet-trains-who-would-have-thought.html#post5391087

It was cheaper to fly and faster. The only downside to driving instead is that you have to actually drive.

I prefer trains to planes. I love them, no driving, you get to know people, it's romantic and relaxing.

Train rides are awesome.

You get to see the country side, meet people from all over, and it's dining out for all your meals.

romantic? you dirty girl you....

a bullet train would kill that fun, since the view would just flash by

not to mention the trillion plus to install them just between major cities

When you were a kid, did someone tell you that there is no such thing as a stupid question?

why?

In the 50's we chose roads and cars over trains b/c it was a smarter and better idea since we have so much open area and still do.

going back to trains is idiotic and wasteful, you only support it b/c obama told you too

Dumb question is still dumb.

Train rides are awesome.

You get to see the country side, meet people from all over, and it's dining out for all your meals.

You will be mocked for that ridiculous comment.

The total number of people who live in single story houses can't imagine why anyone would need a staircase....they never take the stairs.

The country was built around cars and highways the same way a house was built; be it a single or multiple story structure. Think of my condo tower as the subway--I take stairs quite often because I must if I want to get to the other floors more rapidly.

Would bullet trains be successful in the US? Likely not. I agree with you but not because it's a bad idea in and of itself. Its a bad idea because we're conditioned along different transitory DNA. It would be like trying to sell coats at the beach or ice to an Eskimo.

why?

How often do we use a non-existent system? We're talking high-speed rail, making yours an irrelevant question. As to old-style rail, they're used daily by many for commuting to work, here in the east.

why?

Cowards will be cowards.

The total number of people who live in single story houses can't imagine why anyone would need a staircase....they never take the stairs.

The country was built around cars and highways the same way a house was built; be it a single or multiple story structure. Think of my condo tower as the subway--I take stairs quite often because I must if I want to get to the other floors more rapidly.

Would bullet trains be successful in the US? Likely not. I agree with you but not because it's a bad idea in and of itself. Its a bad idea because we're conditioned along different transitory DNA. It would be like trying to sell coats at the beach or ice to an Eskimo.

Thank you.

someone that knows it would be a wast of money.

why?

How often do we use a non-existent system? We're talking high-speed rail, making yours an irrelevant question. As to old-style rail, they're used daily by many for commuting to work, here in the east.
I live in the East

"many" is an overt exaggeration.

and my question stands; If you don't take the train now, you won't take a faster one, except to enjoy it once or twice.

Train rides are awesome.

Which shows you've never been on one.

I've been on bullet trains in Europe and Japan. I took the MagLev in China. The view does not "Flash" by.

why?

Cowards will be cowards.

Dummy.......there are no trains available to me. I CANNOT ride them. They do not exist. The question is dumb.

You all realize that we are "arguing" with a guy who thinks there is no view for passengers of bullet trains because they are traveling too fast. Perhaps we should all have OUR heads examined?

Train rides are awesome.

Which shows you've never been on one.

I've been on bullet trains in Europe and Japan. I took the MagLev in China. The view does not "Flash" by.

ok

I took Amtrak through the mountains, unless I was over looking something, things got blurry.

glad you got to check one out.

Forum List

Back