Votes: 2 14.3%
  • At least once a year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't study my scriptures often at all

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I don't believe in any scriptures

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
And please note, I didn't say Bible. I said scriptures. I know different people have different scriptures.

Never study. Read them often.
I am the weird one. I enjoy listening to others and thbeir interpretation of the Bible without telling them:
"You are wrong and I am right".

I read Buddhist texts often. The Heart Sutra is one of my favorites. The Bodhycharyaravatara--Guide to the Bodhisattvas Way of Life is another.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for a devotee to consider their sacred texts as Truth and other traditions scriptures as fiction.

I read the Koran about 2004.
I found it to be just as full of shit as the Torah, Talmud, and New " Testament".
HOWEVER.
I love Dr. Seuss.

I'm working on the Qur'an, read the Bible twice (begats and all) and look forward to getting my hands on a copy of the Torah. I studied Eastern religion in undergrad gen ed, and really liked Shinto for reasons previously stated elsewhere, in a thread far, far away.

Dr, Seuss is the shit.

I read the ultimate hitch hikers guide to the galaxy at least once or twice a year

If people studied mathematics as much as they studied scripture, we would already have a cure for cancer.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
If people studied mathematics as much as they studied scripture, we would already have a cure for cancer.

but who needs math when you can pray for god to fix cancer, the oil spill, and stop obamacare from passing?

Forum List

Back