How Obamacare, Like Medicare, Royally Screws Young People

Granny says rich insurance companies gonna get richer...
:mad:
Obamacare taxes: 'Massive transfer of wealth'
4 July`12 - Grover Norquist warns of consequences of individual mandate
The individual health insurance mandate survived a major court challenge last week when Chief Justice John Roberts declared it could exist as a tax. While President Obama and his allies still insist the mandate is not a tax, Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist says the plan has always been full of taxes increases on the American people - more than 20 in all.

It’s now clear this is all about a massive tax increase to pay for a lot of government spending,” Norquist told WND. “If you have health insurance now the government is going to tax you to pay for other people’s health insurance and it’s a massive transfer of wealth.”

Norquist walks us through some of the most onerous taxes, from targeting investors to the mandate tax to the medical device tax. He calls it the largest middle class tax increase we’ve ever seen.

MORE

Granny says rich insurance companies gonna get richer...
:mad:
Obamacare taxes: 'Massive transfer of wealth'
4 July`12 - Grover Norquist warns of consequences of individual mandate
The individual health insurance mandate survived a major court challenge last week when Chief Justice John Roberts declared it could exist as a tax. While President Obama and his allies still insist the mandate is not a tax, Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist says the plan has always been full of taxes increases on the American people - more than 20 in all.

It’s now clear this is all about a massive tax increase to pay for a lot of government spending,” Norquist told WND. “If you have health insurance now the government is going to tax you to pay for other people’s health insurance and it’s a massive transfer of wealth.”

Norquist walks us through some of the most onerous taxes, from targeting investors to the mandate tax to the medical device tax. He calls it the largest middle class tax increase we’ve ever seen.

MORE

Almost everyone who buys insurance will be paying for someone else. That's how insurance works. It cannot work any other way.

Unless you are 22-26 and can be carried on your parents policy. Then you get free insurance

I don't think ObamaCare is going to work out all that well for older folks on Medicare/Medicaid either. It'll be harder to find a doctor for treatment unless you show up at an ER somewhere.

I read the article and it explained nothing. Do you believe everything you read on the internet? I can do what the article does, here watch: obama's health care law will make sure everyone is covered with cheap easy to get health insurance.

You see, I don't explain a god damned thing about my claim, nor do I reference any part of the ACA, but I said something. I am glad you are able to read, now you need to work on your comprehension. This will help you to determine bullshit when you read it. You are in desperate need of it.

Unless you are 22-26 and can be carried on your parents policy. Then you get free insurance

Seriously? Free?....are you really this simple-minded?
You think it is free?

Move those goalposts......

Yes, the topic is that young people are getting screwed by Obamacare. If you are 22-26......you obviously are not

If you plan only living till 26....then yes:eusa_eh:
Guess you really are that simple.

Cons really need to read this, and stop listening to the right wing.

Home | HealthCare.gov

Cons and Libs should know this: The health care law is a TAX increase. The most massive in history. Period. Justice Roberts stated it. Obama said he would never believe in a mandate or impose a tax increase:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg-ofjXrXio]George and Obama debate health care taxes - YouTube[/ame]

(CNN) -- The Supreme Court's verdict on Obamacare is in. As a tax, the individual mandate stands; as a Commerce Clause regulation, it fails.

What remains to be seen is whether Chief Justice John Roberts has crafted a masterly constitutional balancing act -- limiting federal authority and respecting the separations of powers -- or if he has engaged in a disappointing and inappropriate usurpation of the legislative function.

There are arguments on both sides. Some say that Roberts, not wanting to uphold the liberal reasoning behind Obamacare and an unprecedented expansion of federal power, concocted an opinion that would be limiting in scope, while still respecting the law and seeming nonpartisan. Others say that Roberts has unlawfully manipulated the mandate into a tax, thereby giving legs to a law that has none.
110920092243-william-bennett-left-tease.jpg
William Bennett ( author of article )

What the country thought was a debate over federal regulation of interstate trade has been transformed by Roberts into a debate over Congress' power to shape decisions through taxation. He writes in the majority opinion, "The mandate can be regarded as establishing a condition -- not owning health insurance -- that triggers a tax -- the required payment to IRS."

much more: Health care ruling can help Romney - CNN.com

Seriously? Free?....are you really this simple-minded?
You think it is free?

Move those goalposts......

Yes, the topic is that young people are getting screwed by Obamacare. If you are 22-26......you obviously are not

If you plan only living till 26....then yes:eusa_eh:
Guess you really are that simple.

Let's stay on topic

The topic is young people are getting royally screwed by Obamacare. Obviously, they are not

Where they were getting screwed was by the Republican plan which basically said......You are on your own buddy....good luck

New Topics

Forum List

Back