How Obama uses words to fool people

He said on Saturday that "abortion" concerns by those that are against abortion and do not want "elective" abortions paid for with tax payer dollars, are concerns that are unfounded as NO WHERE IN THE BILL is abortion itemized as an approved procedure in the bill. He continued by adamantly saying "it is no where to be found in the draft of the bill"...and people walked away saying "see...the right wing loons are nuts and fear mongerers"....

Show me where abortion would be publicly funded. Its your thread, the burden of proof is on you. The Hyde Ammendment is still in place and prohibits public funding of abortion
Looks like OldandTired has a way with altering words to spread lies

US Law (Hyde Ammendment) currently prohibits public funding for abortion. Nowhere in the bill does it provide for abortion coverage.

It prevents federal funding, not public funding. The cutoff of federal Medicaid funds prompted some states to provide public funding for abortion services from their own coffers. Over time the number of states doing so has gradually expanded, either through legislation or consequent to judicial rulings mandating equal access to health care for low-income women. As of 2007, only 17 of the 50 states provide such funding, and 13 of these are required by court order to do so.

He said on Saturday that "abortion" concerns by those that are against abortion and do not want "elective" abortions paid for with tax payer dollars, are concerns that are unfounded as NO WHERE IN THE BILL is abortion itemized as an approved procedure in the bill. He continued by adamantly saying "it is no where to be found in the draft of the bill"...and people walked away saying "see...the right wing loons are nuts and fear mongerers"....

Show me where abortion would be publicly funded. Its your thread, the burden of proof is on you. The Hyde Ammendment is still in place and prohibits public funding of abortion

Are you simply making things up?

I can not show you it is going to be paid for....the bill does not specify what it will pay for. It ONLY specifies what it will NOT pay for...and OPbama is correct...ABORTION IS NOT IN THE BILL ANYWHERE....so that is proof it WILL be paid for.

The Hyde Amendment really would not apply to any of the funds involved here -- the federal funds that would set up the "public option," and the premiums and payments to and from the federal "public option" agency, and the new federal premium subsidies. The Hyde Amendment is not a government-wide law -- it is merely a limitation attached to the annual Health and Human Services appropriations bill. As the Associated Press accurately noted in an analysis titled "Government insurance would allow coverage for abortion," by Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar (August 5, 2009): "Health care legislation before Congress would allow a new government-sponsored insurance plan to cover abortions, a decision that would affect millions of women and recast federal policy on the decisive issue. . . A law called the Hyde amendment applies the restrictions to Medicaid, forcing states that cover abortion for low-income women to do so with their own money... The health overhaul would create a stream of federal funding not covered by the restrictions."

Health Care Fact Check - Article Comments - View topic - General Discussion - Article Talk : Denver Colorado Neighbors

US Law (Hyde Ammendment) currently prohibits public funding for abortion. Nowhere in the bill does it provide for abortion coverage.

Yup, most hospitals/doctors will label abortion as a DNC (D&C) or dilation (dilatation) and curettage. It's another way of flying it under the radar.

I can not show you it is going to be paid for....the bill does not specify what it will pay for. It ONLY specifies what it will NOT pay for...and OPbama is correct...ABORTION IS NOT IN THE BILL ANYWHERE....so that is proof it WILL be paid for.

:rofl:

yes, clearly the absence of evidence is all the proof you need!

:thup:

Hey, when Obama starts using words like WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION then we'll talk about obfuscated terminology.

In other words, you have no fucking idea what you are talking about

:rofl:

yes, clearly the absence of evidence is all the proof you need!

:thup:

Hey, when Obama starts using words like WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION then we'll talk about obfuscated terminology.

See how easily it works?

READ THE FUCKING BILL beofre you make assinine statements.

Those NOT mentioned in the bill are covered...those that ARE mentioned in the bill are not.

AND OBAMA CLEARLY SAID THAT NO WHERE ION THE BILL DOES IT SAY IT WILL COVER ABORTIONS.

He is correct.

Pretty cool way to fool you losers.

Last edited:

In other words, you have no fucking idea what you are talking about

You must be illiterate.....or you are a troll....or both.

If it is not itemized in the bill, it will be covered if advised by a physician.

Otherwise, restrictions for procedures are listed for procedures that have restrictions.

Abortion is not one of those with restrictions as it is not a procedure that is listed.

Is that STILL too complicated for you?

See how easily it works?

Those NOT mentioned in the bill are covered...those that ARE mentioned in the bill are not.

AND OBAMA CLEARLY SAID THAT NO WHERE ION THE BILL DOES IT SAY IT WILL COVER ABORTIONS.

He is correct.

True, bill is NOT saying that abortions will be covered. Simply bill will cover all that is not on list of things that are not covered.

Now, if bill clearly say what will NOT be covered and abortion is not on that list, can you please explain is abortion covered or not?

A D&C could be an abortion, or it could be aftercare after a miscarriage. An abortion can address a tubal pregnancy. I don't want idiots or men deciding anything about abortions, or their definitions. Nobody can force anyone to have one. Don't need/want one, don't have one.

Wanna bet that there isn't some nebulous language in that 1200-odd pages, that isn't ripe to be "interpreted" to mean that abortions will be fully funded??

I sure wouldn't.

So when are you guys gonna get it through your thick skulls that those 1200-odd pages are NOT "The Bill." THE BILL doesn't even exist yet.

Ame®icano;1454682 said:
See how easily it works?

He is correct.

True, bill is NOT saying that abortions will be covered. Simply bill will cover all that is not on list of things that are not covered.

Now, if bill clearly say what will NOT be covered and abortion is not on that list, can you please explain is abortion covered or not?

That ius the point I have been trying to make.

Abortion is not listed as something not covered....just like heart surgery is not mentioned as something not covered. So both must be covered.

However...the way Obama addressed it was by saying:

"No where in the bill does it specify that abortions will be covered"

Duh!......that means it will be covered....but he knows most will take that line as assurances that it will NOT be covered.

It was disingenuous and his use of words to allow people to hear one thing when in fact he is saying the opposite.

Please notice the pressers.....NO LESS THAN ONCE A DAY AT THE PRESSERS does Gibbs say "here is a transcript of what was said".....you heard him say one thing, but he did not say it.

Last edited:
Wanna bet that there isn't some nebulous language in that 1200-odd pages, that isn't ripe to be "interpreted" to mean that abortions will be fully funded??

I sure wouldn't.

So when are you guys gonna get it through your thick skulls that those 1200-odd pages are NOT "The Bill." THE BILL doesn't even exist yet.

It is the draft the country is asked to voice their opinions on.
Call it a vagina for all I care...it is all one in the same.

What words are that? Do you mean MAIN STREET MEDIA or I mean State Run Media. Every word this guy READS from a telepromter is a LIE!!! He is a bigger scam than GLOBAL WARMING!!!!

Factcheck.org says abortion is covered. Should we report them to the "snitch czar"?

Nice spin on their analysis, which SAYS, in part:

But it’s equally true that House and Senate legislation would allow a new "public" insurance plan to cover abortions, despite language added to the House bill that technically forbids using public funds to pay for them. Obama has said in the past that "reproductive services" would be covered by his public plan, so it’s likely that any new federal insurance plan would cover abortion unless Congress expressly prohibits that.

So how "likely" is it that the final bill will contain any clause that could remotely be construed as allowing abortions, especially in light of all the spin and resulting controversy?

Even if abortion language stays in, within the context of the health care reform bill, it would specificially only be allowed pursuant to current Medicaid provisions concerning incidents of rape, incest, or the health of the mother. Also, according to further reading of Factcheck.org.

Forum List

Back