How Obama Sold the Iran Delusion.

So then it is you who is delusional. I suspected as much.

I've met your type before.
The type that challenges you to backup your bs? That's promising.

It's obvious what you are here for.

I am here for a discussion about the contents of the paper you promoted. It appears you can't even defend the first premise behind it. How is Iran acting outside the norms of accepted international relations?

You 're too handy with the personal insults.

That won't do atall.
And when all else fails, send a funny.

:eusa_angel:
Yeah, when you refuse to discuss the premise of your own thread I find it funny. :dunno:

I've met your type before.

I am here for a discussion about the contents of the paper you promoted. It appears you can't even defend the first premise behind it. How is Iran acting outside the norms of accepted international relations?

That won't do atall.

Yeah, when you refuse to discuss your own thread I find it funny. :dunno:

what is your specific issue, reza tehon?

That won't do atall.

Yeah, when you refuse to discuss your own thread I find it funny. :dunno:

what is your specific issue, reza tehon?
How is it delusional to think Iran is acting within the norms of accepted international relations?

The Iran nuclear deal thrashed out between Tehran and Washington has heartened 99% of the world. It was a triumph for diplomacy; the vindication of politics; a welcome and refreshing injection of optimism and hope in a region where bad news and bloodshed are the order of every single day of every distressing month. Who in their right mind could possibly object to an nuclear agreement which makes the Middle East more stable and the world a safer place?

It isn’t only the United States that deserves credit: Russia, China, Germany, France and the United Kingdom have all applied their political wisdom and diplomatic effort to reach this point. It is a cause of hope that jaw-jaw has nullified the possibility of nuclear war-war. Diplomacy gets a lot of bad press these days: much easier to send in the drones and drop a few bombs.

It is easy to view Iran through the post-Shah prism of the West and decry its primitive apprehension of women’s rights and its unenlightened theo-political fusion of revolution and sharia. But Iran is an ancient country with five millennia of civilisation behind it. It is myopic to read a statement put out by President Hassan Rouhani or a fatwa issued by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei and assume that Iran’s young, educated population share the values of their elders and putative leaders. They yearn to join the the family of respected world nations, but daren’t voice opposition to the Ayatollah cult for fear of being ‘disappeared’ or suspended from the nearest crane. We easily forget that 10,000 of these youngsters held candlelit vigils and 60,000 spectators observed a minute’s silence at Tehran’s soccer stadium in the wake of the attacks on September 11th 2001. They were profoundly moved by the atrocity and felt compassion for the ‘Great Satan’. You tend not to shed a tear for those you hate, or weep with the prince of evil.

The Iran nuclear deal makes the country a partner in bringing stability to the Middle East. As their Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said, it is a “win-win” solution to end “an unnecessary crisis and open new horizons for dealing with serious problems that affect our international community”. President Rouhani tweeted: “#Irandeal shows constructive engagement works. With this unnecessary crisis resolved, new horizons emerge with a focus on shared challenges.”

So why does Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu denounce the deal as a “one of the darkest days in world history” and a “stunning historic mistake”? You can’t put it down to the cause of Zionism: Saudi Arabia also has concerns.

Archbishop Cranmer.

I fail to see the delusion in this. Iran appears to be acting within the accepted norms of international relations. :dunno:

the Obama administration’s masterful success in persuading so many American influencers to buy into a delusion about Iran – that it is a state we can do business with because it is pursuing its reasonable national interests within a framework of internationally agreed principles, embracing a previously hidden sense of civic responsibility towards ordinary Iranians alongside its newly-boosted political and military influence.

Maybe with some finding common cause with Iran. Nth Korea for example, and Assad in Syria. Maybe a few NGOs like Hamas or Hezbollah or their bedfellows. But for the most part Iran is just a basketcase.

Iran Can’t Whitewash Its Record of Terror

Greg

I fail to see the delusion in this. Iran appears to be acting within the accepted norms of international relations. :dunno:

the Obama administration’s masterful success in persuading so many American influencers to buy into a delusion about Iran – that it is a state we can do business with because it is pursuing its reasonable national interests within a framework of internationally agreed principles, embracing a previously hidden sense of civic responsibility towards ordinary Iranians alongside its newly-boosted political and military influence.

Maybe with some finding common cause with Iran. Nth Korea for example, and Assad in Syria. Maybe a few NGOs like Hamas or Hezbollah or their bedfellows. But for the most part Iran is just a basketcase.

Iran Can’t Whitewash Its Record of Terror

Greg
From your link:
Saudi Arabia would welcome better ties with Tehran—but first it must stop supporting terrorism.

If that isn't twisted I don't know what is.

I think the IAEA should have access to Israel. Lets see we give now 3.8 billion a year to Israel, thanks to Pres.
Obama, and Israel has a problem with possible aid to Lebanon to protect itself from Israel. So whats it to Israel is Iran wants to send someone to S. America?

Also the AMIA bombing was never proven to of been done by Iran.

Hello.:bs1:

This is about the US and Iran.
and israel jew:biggrin:

I think the IAEA should have access to Israel. Lets see we give now 3.8 billion a year to Israel, thanks to Pres.
Obama, and Israel has a problem with possible aid to Lebanon to protect itself from Israel. So whats it to Israel is Iran wants to send someone to S. America?

EVERYTHING is about JOOOOOOS in the minds of islamo Nazi dogs
:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

9f108b185a2ed8c790fecf5b342dcd3c.jpg

EVERYTHING is about JOOOOOOS in the minds of islamo Nazi dogs
:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

9f108b185a2ed8c790fecf5b342dcd3c.jpg

you got it right this time, dani.

Forum List

Back