How Obama got his Balls Back: Lobbyists pushed off Federal Advisory Panels

Never thought I would say this about Obama, but...........whew this is really haaaard.
Congrats :clap2: and hopefully those overpaid 'slug lobbyists' thin out to zero. And!!
It will save us .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the national Obama Budget. :lol:

But also, I will believe that when I see the lobbyists..GONE

Last edited:
Well, I'm not surprised.... He kept his promise about 'no lobbyists in my Administration' too.... oh wait... no, he's got 17 of 'em.

Wake me up when Obama actually does what he says he's gonna do - and make sure you can prove it. Not that he's just replacing one bunch of lobbyists with another bunch of lobbyists that suit his agenda.

washingtonpost.com

Hundreds, if not thousands, of lobbyists are likely to be ejected from federal advisory panels as part of a little-noticed initiative by the Obama administration to curb K Street's influence in Washington, according to White House officials and lobbying experts.

The new policy -- issued with little fanfare this fall by the White House ethics counsel -- may turn out to be the most far-reaching lobbying rule change so far from President Obama, who also has sought to restrict the ability of lobbyists to get jobs in his administration and to negotiate over stimulus contracts.

The initiative is aimed at a system of advisory committees so vast that federal officials don't have exact numbers for its size; the most recent estimates tally nearly 1,000 panels with total membership exceeding 60,000 people.

Under the policy, which is being phased in over the coming months, none of the more than 13,000 lobbyists in Washington would be able to hold seats on the committees, which advise agencies on trade rules, troop levels, environmental regulations, consumer protections and thousands of other government policies.

Good Job Mr. President! :clap2:

Comments:

A. What is a lobbyist expert? Sounds like someone that lobbys for lobbyists.
B. Issued by the White House ethics counsel? Under the leadership of changed my mind Obama?
C. Purpose of the policy is to restrict lobbyists from access to stimulus money? Obama will blow through that money before they even start the job cutting.
D. You develop a policy and don't even know how many people you are going to effect?

Okay, so to summerize, it looks like his brains oozed into his pants. Still not balls.

Yes, and he's replacing the old ones with his own.

Ever hear of the Conservative purge that is currently underway?

Obama is just clearing the deck so he can do a complete takeover of our government.

It will take decades to straighten up this fucken mess once he's done.

So wait, you're ignoring the fact he's banning lobbyists? And you just called all those lobbyists Conservatives. Classic. :rofl:

I knew the newbie Republicans on this board would have a problem with this. They always find something to bitch about. Obama could cure cancer himself and they would bitch that he took away jobs.

Again, I gotta say, Doggie, I am disappointed that you resort to criticizing 'newbies' instead of arguing on the content. How very 'Alinsky Rules' of you.

He had balls to begin with? :eusa_think:

Nope....I think Michelle still has 'em in her purse. :rofl:

Why not comment on the actual article?

I'll comment on it.

IMO ......... If he does this and if by doing so it makes you think that lobbyists are not playing a large role in his White House, then he has once again clouded your eyes with pink satin.

Special interests, paying back favors and old style politics is alive and well in this mans White House and even if he does this, I would take it with great caution before singing any praises.

Not he Obama, the great hope of change, nor anyone on the other side impress me where this is concerned.

Mike

hahahahaha! IN THIS MAN'S WHITE HOUSE?

Cut me a break! It may be rampant but it is surely nothing new to "this man's white house"....seriously!!!!:eek:

Um, I believe we're still in the process of cleaning up the fucken[sic] mess left by the previous administration.

Libbies and George W. Bush--

Point.

In.

Case.

:rolleyes:

well, he (and his congress)was one of the WORST presidents our country ever had....but i suppose someone like you supported him....or now claim that you didn't...:doubt: like all other bush supporters around here with amnesia....?

Carter was the worst president. Obama is gonna make him look good in comparison. Right now Obama couldn't win a job as Dog-catcher if he had to do a runoff election against the other candidates.

Bush was a decent president but a great one compared to Carter and Obama.

Libbies and George W. Bush--

Point.

In.

Case.

:rolleyes:

well, he (and his congress)was one of the WORST presidents our country ever had....but i suppose someone like you supported him....or now claim that you didn't...:doubt: like all other bush supporters around here with amnesia....?

Carter was the worst president. Obama is gonna make him look good in comparison. Right now Obama couldn't win a job as Dog-catcher if he had to do a runoff election against the other candidates.

Bush was a decent president but a great one compared to Carter and Obama.

Obama is making JC look like a Pre-K4 student.

And you're right...Obama couldn't win Dog-Catcher if he tried right now. 2012 isn't looking too promising for him, especially when the Dems bomb out in 2010. :rofl:

Bush had his failings--this is true, but GWB looks like a masterful genius next to President Curious George Obama.

hahahahaha! IN THIS MAN'S WHITE HOUSE?

Cut me a break! It may be rampant but it is surely nothing new to "this man's white house"....seriously!!!!:eek:

That's kinda my point. He promised his would be different. Difference is he's replaced business with community interests lobbyists. Oh goody.

First everyone in WAshington is either a lobbyist an ex lobbyist or a future lobbyist. 2nd if you think this is anything more than the usual leftist form over substance BS you are kidding yourself.

Sorta like Libbies and George W. Bush from 2000-Current, huh? :rolleyes:

BUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. We're in 2009 thanks. :eusa_whistle:

Bush spent 3 weeks as president this year so you figure everything that's happened is his fault. I suppose everything that happens the next 3 years will be his fault as well.

Fucken delusional

Juuuuust keep making excuses for that skinny big-eared pencil-neck in the White House.....that's what you do best.

Last edited:

Obama is just clearing the deck so he can do a complete takeover of our government.

So wait, you're ignoring the fact he's banning lobbyists? And you just called all those lobbyists Conservatives. Classic. :rofl:

I knew the newbie Republicans on this board would have a problem with this. They always find something to bitch about. Obama could cure cancer himself and they would bitch that he took away jobs.

well, rush told them to hope he fails......

Sorry Jillian I don't have to hope Obama fails I know that if he continues to pursue his present domestic agenda he cannot hope bu fail and take the country on a long expensive ride to no where with him.

The mess Curious George Obama is making will make Jimmy Carter look like he was just a Pre-K 4 student.

Seriously....my teenagers children's children will *still* be cleaning up this mess. Since I'm pushing 50 (like our stupid President), I won't be around to see our American way of life restored to good health.

But I'll live as long as I can so that I can share "the good olden days" with my grandchildren, who will share them with *their* children--and bring this country back to its feet. Them and their whole generation.
ok...... so on this issue do you think the lobbyists should be left?

Are you saying only the "conservative" lobbyists are being sent packing? I'm sure he'd rather send more with an opposing view to his own home. Any evidence or just cynicism?

well, rush told them to hope he fails......

For all of our sakes I hope he does.

You have no idea what will happen to all of us if Obama succeeds.

All of our lives will basically change for the worse.....but the media will give us the impression that things are ether doing great or expected to get better. We just will have to wait for it to happen.

But if it weren't for those Evil Conservatives the messiah would have granted all of our wishes already....they claim.

It will never happen.

Some skepticism on your part might just be warranted, Dogbert:

A few days ago:

t r u t h o u t | Health Care Industry Officials, Lobbyists Met With Obama During Debate On Reform

Considering the original 'policy announcement' was made in September and is this weekend being touted by WaPo, ignoring all that has happened between September and now is a tad disingenuous:

Obama Pushes Lobbyists Off Federal Advisory Boards

As much as I am totally fed up with Obamas 'leadership', well UN-leadership , I was really hoping for him NOT to fail, because if he does, which appears a certainty, he is going to take many of us right down with him.

Where are those that could call for the impeachment of this blundering president, while we, the poor citizens have futures that look like an impending cliff of financial tumbling, the politicians on the other hand, will continue to live a long and prosperous live's on the backs of others, with primo health care, seemingly unlimited finances and enough 'bennies' to choke the balls off a 10,000 pound gorilla.

Websters dictionary may come up with a new definition for the word Citizen, something like, Sucker, Sheep, Slave, Peon, and speaking of Peon, that name probably came from those wealthy barons in the old days,standing on their castle walls pee'ing on their surf's and sharecroppers, hence the term, Pee-Ons, later changed to be politically correct to Peon.

The boys n girls in Washington D.C. are certainly standing on their castle walls as we speak.

Here's something that is very telling....

When was the last time a President called a press conference....read a statement and exited the room before anyone can ask him a single question?

That's what we're left with. Maybe we should change the name of press conference to mindless drivel followed by a fast retreat out the door before anyone figures out they've just been lied to once again.

lol

Forum List

Back