How Obama got his Balls Back: Lobbyists pushed off Federal Advisory Panels

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
washingtonpost.com

Hundreds, if not thousands, of lobbyists are likely to be ejected from federal advisory panels as part of a little-noticed initiative by the Obama administration to curb K Street's influence in Washington, according to White House officials and lobbying experts.

The new policy -- issued with little fanfare this fall by the White House ethics counsel -- may turn out to be the most far-reaching lobbying rule change so far from President Obama, who also has sought to restrict the ability of lobbyists to get jobs in his administration and to negotiate over stimulus contracts.

The initiative is aimed at a system of advisory committees so vast that federal officials don't have exact numbers for its size; the most recent estimates tally nearly 1,000 panels with total membership exceeding 60,000 people.

Under the policy, which is being phased in over the coming months, none of the more than 13,000 lobbyists in Washington would be able to hold seats on the committees, which advise agencies on trade rules, troop levels, environmental regulations, consumer protections and thousands of other government policies.

Good Job Mr. President! :clap2:

Mrs-Obama--36230.jpg

:rofl:

Thanks for showing once again that you're just a troll.

washingtonpost.com

Hundreds, if not thousands, of lobbyists are likely to be ejected from federal advisory panels as part of a little-noticed initiative by the Obama administration to curb K Street's influence in Washington, according to White House officials and lobbying experts.

The new policy -- issued with little fanfare this fall by the White House ethics counsel -- may turn out to be the most far-reaching lobbying rule change so far from President Obama, who also has sought to restrict the ability of lobbyists to get jobs in his administration and to negotiate over stimulus contracts.

The initiative is aimed at a system of advisory committees so vast that federal officials don't have exact numbers for its size; the most recent estimates tally nearly 1,000 panels with total membership exceeding 60,000 people.

Under the policy, which is being phased in over the coming months, none of the more than 13,000 lobbyists in Washington would be able to hold seats on the committees, which advise agencies on trade rules, troop levels, environmental regulations, consumer protections and thousands of other government policies.

Yes, and he's replacing the old ones with his own.

Ever hear of the Conservative purge that is currently underway?

Obama is just clearing the deck so he can do a complete takeover of our government.

It will take decades to straighten up this fucken mess once he's done.

Obama is just clearing the deck so he can do a complete takeover of our government.

So wait, you're ignoring the fact he's banning lobbyists? And you just called all those lobbyists Conservatives. Classic. :rofl:

I knew the newbie Republicans on this board would have a problem with this. They always find something to bitch about. Obama could cure cancer himself and they would bitch that he took away jobs.

washingtonpost.com

I sooooooooooo hope his administration gets serious about this. If people weren't aware before of the number of registered and UNregistered lobbyists lurking around Capitol Hill before, they sure are now, what with 3,500 registered health care lobbyists alone (six for every lawmaker), and three new ones registering every single day.

There is a place for lobbyists, but this is becoming absurd.

washingtonpost.com

The mess Curious George Obama is making will make Jimmy Carter look like he was just a Pre-K 4 student.

Seriously....my teenagers children's children will *still* be cleaning up this mess. Since I'm pushing 50 (like our stupid President), I won't be around to see our American way of life restored to good health.

But I'll live as long as I can so that I can share "the good olden days" with my grandchildren, who will share them with *their* children--and bring this country back to its feet. Them and their whole generation.

One can pray....anyway.

washingtonpost.com

Um, I believe we're still in the process of cleaning up the fucken[sic] mess left by the previous administration.

So wait, you're ignoring the fact he's banning lobbyists? And you just called all those lobbyists Conservatives. Classic. :rofl:

I knew the newbie Republicans on this board would have a problem with this. They always find something to bitch about. Obama could cure cancer himself and they would bitch that he took away jobs.

Sorta like Libbies and George W. Bush from 2000-Current, huh? :rolleyes:

washingtonpost.com

Um, I believe we're still in the process of cleaning up the fucken[sic] mess left by the previous administration.

Libbies and George W. Bush--

Point.

In.

Case.

:rolleyes:

Sorta like Libbies and George W. Bush from 2000-Current, huh? :rolleyes:

BUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. We're in 2009 thanks. :eusa_whistle:

Why yes! Yes we ARE. Notice how I said CURRENT above (in red to help you out).

So WHY are you libbe types still saying this shit????

MaggoeMae said:

We ARE in 2009, aren't we? :rofl:

Jen, all you have done is troll this thread and it's pathetic.

You bring up Dubya for the "But Mom!!!" argument. Even more pathetic.

Libbies and George W. Bush--

Point.

In.

Case.

:rolleyes:

well, he (and his congress)was one of the WORST presidents our country ever had....but i suppose someone like you supported him....or now claim that you didn't...:doubt: like all other bush supporters around here with amnesia....?

Forum List

Back