How Obama can BEAT Romney and Insure Re-election

Wow....That's worse than Willard...The Bush family is in a league of stupidity all their own. His brother though god talked to him....yeah.....

Axelrod to GOP: At least we're 'unified' | Fox News

Axelrod nails it; the GOP is not united at all. Lots of voters will sit this one out that would have voted for almost anyone else other than Romney and his thugs.

Axelrod's comment is ridiculous on two fronts, Jim.

First of all, the Democratic Party didn't run a primary which gives them the "appearance" of being united. The truth of the matter is that the far left isn't happy with Obama because of some of the things he hasn't done...and some of the more moderate Democrats aren't happy with him because of some of the the things he HAS done.

Secondly, the Republican Party is actually looking remarkably united. Whatever their issues were with each other during the primaries...the one overriding thing that they agree on is that Barack Obama has failed as President and needs to be replaced.

Axelrod nails it; the GOP is not united at all. Lots of voters will sit this one out that would have voted for almost anyone else other than Romney and his thugs.

First of all, the Democratic Party didn't run a primary which gives them the "appearance" of being united. The truth of the matter is that the far left isn't happy with Obama because of some of the things he hasn't done...and some of the more moderate Democrats aren't happy with him because of some of the the things he HAS done.

Secondly, the Republican Party is actually looking remarkably united. Whatever their issues were with each other during the primaries...the one overriding thing that they agree on is that Barack Obama has failed as President and needs to be replaced.

Good solid comments, OS, though I disagree.

Romneys support among conservatives is a mile wide and half an inch deep.

Good solid comments, OS, though I disagree.

Romneys support among conservatives is a mile wide and half an inch deep.

Ah, Jim? I didn't say support of Romney was what was uniting the GOP...what I SAID was that the GOP was united by their agreement that Barack Obama has to be replaced. Support for THAT among conservatives is as wide as the eye can see and as deep as the Marianas Trench.

Last edited:
White Evangelists are not going to vote for Obama..

The best that can be hoped for by such an action is that they stay home. Which they will not do.

Obama's best bet is to motivate the base and just keep replaying quips from the Republican debates.

As well as hammering Mitt on Bain and his Taxes.

Obamas base i s going to show, but Teavangelicals are weak. I know because I speak to bunches of them all the time.

But dont let me get in the way of your Master of the Universe fantasy, Swallow. you know everything, right?

Remind me what Obama's base is. It isn't black people. They are suffering with 10% unemployment, and 40% teenage unemployment. It isn't women. It isn't catholics. It isn't Jews. It isn't Progressives. He's managed to piss off each of those groups one way or another.

Obama's best bet is to resign and go into exile in Belize.

All he has to do is let Romney and his minions continue opening their mouth...every time that happens they open mouth and insert foot...its quite amusing.

Romney's extremely rehearsed and inconsistent speech appears to be the best he's every going to do in terms of a political speech. That was his "best" mind you..and in terms of other politicians..it probably ranks as fair.

He was outshined by Rubio, Martinez, Christie and, amazingly enough..Rice.

And being that he was the "main event"..that's pretty poor.

Romney sounds scripted because he *is* scripted. He stands for NOTHING other than bailing out the Wall Street banks when the next crash hits.

Remind me who the Bailout King was. Oh yeah, that Barak guy.

Absolutely.
When Romney picked Ryan as running mate he secured the fiscal wing and the social wing of the GOP. In his foreign policy statements he made it clear he supports the activist foreign policy wing of the GOP. Every successful candidate in the GOP must unite those three factions, and Romney has done so.
In the face of the biggest presidential failure on record everyone agrees Obama needs to go.

I seriously doubt Obama can persuade those whose hatred for him is personal and viseral to change their minds about voting R.

The anti-Obaman spite-vote is pretty much in the bag for the GOP.

Your idea might work if these people were rational voters, but of course, they're not.

He can get his friends back in Chicago to sponsor a Super PAC to attack Romney's soft underbelly; his lack of support among social conservatives. Teavangelicals do not like Romney, and many are beggining to see after this past convention what a fascist scum bag Romney and his whores really are.

All the Dems have to do is have adds run in the Southern battleground states that have high levels of evangelical voters and remind them how Romney's hacks smeared all Romneys competition and hounded them out of the process. Remind them of his flip flops on all the social issues and how the man lies with almost every other sentence. Remind them of the heavy handed process the GOP used to silence the Tea PArty people in this last convention.

All the goal is, instead of getting these people to vote for Obama is to get them to become apathetic and not vote or even if the vote, have little enthusiasm and not do any volunteer effort to get out the vote.

If this can cost Romney even 5% of his normal Teavangelical support, that should be enough to let Obama carry Virginia, N Carolina, Iowa and Florida.

Please do this country a favor and bury Romney in this election by a landslide.

Romney's going to win the southern states regardless, unless there is some horrible October Surprise that's going to sink him.

And in all probability, Obama's going to carry FL, IA, VA anyway. The only one I see Romney possibly winning is NC.

All three of those states have lots of retirees, and when they see what Ryan/Romney have in store for their medicare and social security, it's going to be very ugly.

So you dont consider Virginia and Florida to be Southern states? Hows that?

For purposes of this discussion, not really.

Florida is almost entirely inhabited by transplants from the North these days. Demographically, it's not even in the ballpark.

Virginia has become increasingly a blue state in recent years as well.

The best that can be hoped for by such an action is that they stay home. Which they will not do.

Obama's best bet is to motivate the base and just keep replaying quips from the Republican debates.

Of course it is a race thing, Obama never got elected in the first place. Gosh projection is ugly.

Of course it is a race thing, Obama never got elected in the first place. Gosh projection is ugly.

It's a race thing for you. If Obama were white and REpublican, you'd be carving his face on Mount Rushmore right now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back