How nutty are they going to get?

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
I just spoke with a Republican relation of mine. She is taking this election very hard. She firmly believes the Obama is a Muslim terrorist and a Communist. According to her, the free world is coming to an end.

When I tried to calm her down and mentioned that I would have perferred Joe Biden, she declared that he was even worse.

I'm scared to even speak to a few other Republican relatives of mine (several of whom didn't even call me two days ago on my 50th birthday - no doubtedly because I'm an Obama supporter.)

These people are genuinely scared. They have taken all the extreme negative propaganda that was tossed around during this election as the Bible truth.

The more level headed Republicans out there really need to start calming these people down.

I just spoke with a Republican relation of mine. She is taking this election very hard. She firmly believes the Obama is a Muslim terrorist and a Communist. According to her, the free world is coming to an end.

When I tried to calm her down and mentioned that I would have perferred Joe Biden, she declared that he was even worse.

I'm scared to even speak to a few other Republican relatives of mine (several of whom didn't even call me two days ago on my 50th birthday - no doubtedly because I'm an Obama supporter.)

These people are genuinely scared. They have taken all the extreme negative propaganda that was tossed around during this election as the Bible truth.

The more level headed Republicans out there really need to start calming these people down.

That's just silly. Personally I'm working on a Cindy Sheehan type persona. I wanna travel the country protesting on someone else's dime. Lot's of media attention and stuff. Only problem so far is that Obama has never done anything so it's tough to get traction.

This is why fear campaigning worked on them when Rove tapped into it 8 and 4 years ago. I think some people are wired, simple as that, to see in black and white and fear gets them into a single minded modality, period. Other people are wired to see grey.

Happy Birthday, enjoy it! You are going to die. J/K. Hyperbole is the norm in the days following an election, but you know that, you're OLD. ;)

Unless Obama makes a MAJOR reach across the table, the divide between the sides will get a lot worse. I see the same thing being said on my end. Homeschooling parents looking at taking their kids into hiding out of the coming changes in schooling laws. Others are arming themselves. Several have decided to close their businesses by the end of the year and lay off all of their employees.

You know it's kinda weird. After the response on this board yesterday from most Republicans after Obama won, I thought "what a gracious bunch of people", because most of them were congratulatory, unlike the likes of myself and quite a few other lefties who were ungracious when Bush won. Then I hear stories like CW's and AH's and think maybe I jumped the gun.....

You know it's kinda weird. After the response on this board yesterday from most Republicans after Obama won, I thought "what a gracious bunch of people", because most of them were congratulatory, unlike the likes of myself and quite a few other lefties who were ungracious when Bush won. Then I hear stories like CW's and AH's and think maybe I jumped the gun.....

:lol: Did you expect the love fest to go on for days ??

Unless Obama makes a MAJOR reach across the table, the divide between the sides will get a lot worse. I see the same thing being said on my end. Homeschooling parents looking at taking their kids into hiding out of the coming changes in schooling laws. Others are arming themselves. Several have decided to close their businesses by the end of the year and lay off all of their employees.
oh man
that would be so stupid
:wall:

A muslim terrorist? Not even close. Communist? That adjective might be a tad extreme. ;)

[youtube]4USFBn0UmLg[/youtube]

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

gnl.jpg

My husband is freaked a bit too... His company decided to use yesterday to start laying people off. They cut the job he's been going to school to get. He was even debating himself if it's even worth it. "Why bother to try and make money when all he'll do is tax me" is what I'm hearing. Thankfully I talked my husband into going to school tonight and not throw it all away. However I haven't talked him into staying in Oregon. He wants as far away from the liberal hubs as possible.

thats because you dont know what a neocon is

Meanings change over time. People called the USSR communist, when it wasn't.

A neocon is Karl Rove, Wolfowitz etc....and the likes of Allie, RtGny and Willow on this board.

BTW, I have had this argument with the likes of you half a dozen times over the past six years and you will not change my mind, nor will I change yours on its meaning. If you want to take the "I know better, holier than thou" approach, good luck to ya...:cool:

My husband is freaked a bit too... His company decided to use yesterday to start laying people off. They cut the job he's been going to school to get. He was even debating himself if it's even worth it. "Why bother to try and make money when all he'll do is tax me" is what I'm hearing. Thankfully I talked my husband into going to school tonight and not throw it all away. However I haven't talked him into staying in Oregon. He wants as far away from the liberal hubs as possible.

Alabama is nice. Doesn't get any redder than that.

Ya know it's kind of like dealing with tyrannical little kids who pitch a fit everytime they don't get what they want. They try to get you to the point that you'll give in just to have some peace.

From what I recall, after the 2000 election, liberals accepted the fact that GWB was President and were pretty mellow for the next several years. Most even supported the invasion of Iraq.

The real anti-Bush sentiment did start until things started going wrong in Iraq and only grew after a series of obvious blunders. We really did give him a chance.

I somehow get the feeling that Republicans are NOT going to give Obama a chance.

Ya know it's kind of like dealing with tyrannical little kids who pitch a fit everytime they don't get what they want. They try to get you to the point that you'll give in just to have some peace.

From what I recall, after the 2000 election, liberals accepted the fact that GWB was President and were pretty mellow for the next several years. Most even supported the invasion of Iraq.

The real anti-Bush sentiment did start until things started going wrong in Iraq and only grew after a series of obvious blunders. We really did give him a chance.

I somehow get the feeling that Republicans are NOT going to give Obama a chance.

You may be right--I bet the some republicans are tired of taking it on the chin and are ready for paybacks. I'm going to wait until he actually does something other than be a black democrat .

Forum List

Back