How Much You Wanna Bet We Put The Amount Of Troops Back In Iraq We Should've Left There?

ISIS is just one more regional ME problem that the region should deal with it on its own. Let Israel with its highly touted air force do the air strikes, for starters. You know, our 'ally' Israel...

Obama has already put the 1400 he publicly announced over the past few weeks. After the election he will certainly pour more in. By December 31, I predict at LEAST a Brigade will be sent. By next year there will be more.

Those 1400 are not wearing boots, thus no boots on the ground. They levitate

-Geaux

Obama has already put the 1400 he publicly announced over the past few weeks. After the election he will certainly pour more in. By December 31, I predict at LEAST a Brigade will be sent. By next year there will be more.
That you and others on the right don't get it comes as no surprise, the consequence of your blind partisanism.

Obama can't get out of office quick enough. His community action resume was no match for a mans job. He has failed miserably... thank goodness...

-Geaux

He will get out in plenty of time His plan is set to succeed in three years after he is out of office.

He's not there, hater dupes. No combat troops, good chance no deaths. We're heroes to the Iraqis these days, and Arabs are learnig good lessons about fundies and democracy, not occupiers, a la dumbass ugly American racist chickenhawk Pub a-holes and hater dupes. Change the channel, functional morons/disasters in all possible ways.

Obama can't get out of office quick enough. His community action resume was no match for a mans job. He has failed miserably... thank goodness...

-Geaux

community organizer was his calling card

in fact the only thing on his resume

*yet* he can not even pull that off

building the invisible coalition

Obama refused to keep troops in Iraq because Iraq insisted they be able to charge them with local crimes and Courts. That was Iraq's choice and it was a no go.

Roger, Gunny. I spent much time over there. I've also spent weeks here educating dumb ass libs on this board about the SOFA. Their small brains still can't comprehend what people like you and I are saying.

Chick- why did Iraq have any say at all? We took out Sadam and could have colonized the country if we wanted, yet we gave it back to the people to offer them a chance at a free life. I cannot understand why we had to get their permission to do anything, quite honestly. Can you enlighten us based on your experience?

It will not happen under Obama. Iraq was a mistake anyway. If by some fluke a Republican wins in 2016, they might send boots back to Iraq. But neither Obama nor President Hillary Clinton will send troops back into Iraq for combat purposed.

And that, my friend, is another reason a Republican will not win the WH as long as the memory of the Bush screw up is still there.

If the neo-cons had power, the heavy units never would have left.

Kissinger's article Time explains why the neo-cons are bit players now.

Patently false idiot. No one wanted to keep 140,000 troops there IDIOT. The generals suggested about 30K so as to not squander the peace. (Even 10k could have helped.)

Let me repeat. Not squander the peace.

Let me repeat. Not squander the peace

One more time, Fakey, not squander the peace like Obama has done.

Misfirection by you simply underlines your lack of understanding.

I said if the neo cons had had their way, the heavy units would not have left.

hint: they are not going back

Liberal and losertarian scum that hate the CIA and US military talk about killing terrorists/fighting wars is a waste of money, but they don't understand the concept that means they support the terrorists/our enemies.
What's your definition of "terrorism"?

"U.S. Department of Defense Definition of Terrorism
"The Department of Defense Dictionary of Military Terms defines terrorism as:

"The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological."

U.S. Department of Defense Definition of Terrorism

The verbal agreements that were almost made were the SOFA 2011 I'm talking about as opposed to the 2008.

You were talking about the 2008 placeholder. That is very clear and well documented. You said the 2008 SOFA did not pass the legislature in Iraq.

Obama and Maliki didn't want to deal with each other. I blame both of them.

You blame both. How much factual investigation did you bother yourself with to reach that limp conclusion?
mostly the Frontline Episode on loosing Iraq where they show That Obama and Maliki didnt really want to deal with each other, That Obama pulled out the government aids, which in turn Maliki saw his chance to purge sunni leaning forces for his own type of people who were loyal to him.

but i mean why believe facts:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/23/w...rom-iraq-fades-as-reality-overtakes-hope.html
The withdrawal ceremony on that winter day in 2011 was, in the end, the result of a failed negotiation. In theory, both Mr. Obama and the Iraqi leadership wanted a small American detachment to stay behind. In reality, neither side was enthusiastic and seemed just as happy that a dispute over legal conditions scotched the deal.

oh look, they actually talked about it:
At a May 19 meeting, Mr. Obama decided to keep up to 10,000 troops and on June 2 talked with Mr. Maliki by secure video to open the discussions. To help negotiate an agreement, the administration brought back Brett McGurk, a Bush aide who had negotiated the original 2008 withdrawal deal. But the talks quickly foundered on the question of maintaining legal protections for American troops from Iraqi law. The 2008 agreement had been approved by Iraq’s Parliament, and Pentagon lawyers insisted a follow-on agreement would have to be as well.

Maliki was even willing to sign an executive order:
Though Mr. Maliki was willing to send it to Parliament, chances of passage seemed slim. Kurdish leaders supported it, but Sunni and other Shiite leaders did not. Mr. Maliki suggested instead that he sign an executive agreement guaranteeing immunity for American troops and Mr. McGurk supported that, arguing that the need to keep some troops was worth some risk. But lawyers in Washington rejected it, and even Iraq’s chief justice quietly advised it had to be approved by Parliament.

Look i know its hard to swallow that pride and just admit things, but Obama Fucked up. He didnt handle Iraq properly and its comeback to bite him in the ass. This though is just part of the context that is Iraq. You also have to consider what roles Bush and Maliki played as well. If you just focus on Obama you will loose sight of the truth, but at the sametime you have to be honest and admit obama is part of the problem.

He's not there, hater dupes. No combat troops, good chance no deaths. We're heroes to the Iraqis these days, and Arabs are learnig good lessons about fundies and democracy, not occupiers, a la dumbass ugly American racist chickenhawk Pub a-holes and hater dupes. Change the channel, functional morons/disasters in all possible ways.
you look retarded posting this. Yeah we are not heroes in any sense of the term to Iraq

Patently false idiot. No one wanted to keep 140,000 troops there IDIOT. The generals suggested about 30K so as to not squander the peace. (Even 10k could have helped.)

Let me repeat. Not squander the peace.

One more time, Fakey, not squander the peace like Obama has done.

What peace? This with 150,000 troops there. Are you sure you were there? Maybe you were in Shangri La.

'Everyday terrorism'
2 Closest were Pakistanand Afghanistan(Brookings Institute)

With roughly two explosions deadly to civilians and police every day in 2009 (762 explosions causing 3,089 deaths), Iraq continues to be the non-state terrorism capital of the world, suffering more deaths from such attacks than any other country.

2 Show graphs.

Civilian deaths from violence in 2009 Iraq Body Count

Why don't you take a break from your bs EconChick? This world record violence took place with 150,000 US troops there but Bush signed a deal that those troops had to stay out of cities by June 2009. What the hell were 10000 going to do with Maliki in charge in 2010.

You make no sense.

Last edited:
Look i know its hard to swallow that pride and just admit things, but Obama Fucked up. He didnt handle Iraq properly and its comeback to bite him in the ass. This though is just part of the context that is Iraq. You also have to consider what roles Bush and Maliki played as well. If you just focus on Obama you will loose sight of the truth, but at the sametime you have to be honest and admit obama is part of the problem.

I've posted this someplace else.

"If we do go back plan on 60/70 thousand troops and plan on being there for 50 years or so. Otherwise it's wast of our time."

Now you know my feelings on this, theirs enough blame to go around from day one IMO.

But the question is what are we going to do about it?

Unless our political leaders pull their damn heads out of their asses we are only going to pile more mistakes onto the mistakes already made.

It's time for long term solution even if it hurts.

Oh and BTW....Hello Plasma.

I've posted this someplace else.

"If we do go back plan on 60/70 thousand troops and plan on being there for 50 years or so. Otherwise it's wast of our time."

Now you know my feelings on this, theirs enough blame to go around from day one IMO.

But the question is what are we going to do about it?

Unless our political leaders pull their damn heads out of their asses we are only going to pile more mistakes onto the mistakes already made.

It's time for long term solution even if it hurts.

Oh and BTW....Hello Plasma.
howdy...Well for me its the do we do anything or just let things play out back and forth im dealing with. The neo-cons who got us into this mess planned for us to be there for 50 years or more with numerous amounts of troops.
I dont like that they wanted this. Iraq has been a giant waste of time, and sadly very few people in washington are willing to admit this.

It's a mess. Write it off. If ISIS wins, and acts like the bogey men the far left and right are making them out to be and actually attacks the US, then deal with them. This pre-emptive nonsense causes more trouble than it could ever prevent.

Forum List

Back