How Much You Wanna Bet We Put The Amount Of Troops Back In Iraq We Should've Left There?

Um it's well known Obama wanted out and didn't care about dealing with malaki. Yes Iraq wasn't going to grant that, but there is more to that story that you left out.

As an American that hated to see 4584 American troops get killed in an unnecessary war, it is VERY WELL KNOWN to me that Maliki did not give a shit about the sacrifice those soldiers made that gave him a chance to govern Iraq in place of Saddam Hussein. Maliki didn't do or even try to do what Our President rightfully expected of him to protect the sacrifice that our soldiers and we taxpayers spent in Iraq for almost a decade.

You choose to take Maliki's side and blame Obama for not 'caring about dealing' with Maliki. I don't mind saying you Maliki symps are piss poor Americans. You must be driven by hatred of Obama.... since that is the only thing that explains such un-American behavior.

You really need to up your meds, Not Fooled. Unless you were dropped on your head when you were an infant....if you were, let me know so I can cut you some slack.

Dillo, they're not all gone from Syria. Come on bud, you know not to trust Putin and Assad.

Now EconChick knows more about the destruction of CW from Syria than the OPCW does. What an amazing know it all we have here:

OPCW: All Category 1 Chemicals Declared by Syria Now Destroyed
Thursday, 28 August 2014

The Cape Ray. Photo Credit: US Dept. of Transportation
The OPCW Director-General, Ambassador Ahmet Üzümcü, reported to the Executive Council today that 100% of all Category 1 chemicals declared by the Syrian Arab Republic, totalling approximately 1,040 tonnes, have now been verified as destroyed. This includes 133 tonnes of Isopropanol previously destroyed on-site in Syria.
The Director-General reported OPCW inspectors have also verified that 70% of approximately 260 tonnes of Syria’s Category 2 chemicals have been destroyed as well, and in total, 94% of its entire declared stockpile. He said work continues to complete destruction of remaining chemicals at four facilities in Finland, the United Kingdom, the United States and eventually, the destruction of effluent from the Cape Ray in Germany.
“I wish to acknowledge, once again, the valuable contributions made by the States Parties involved in this extraordinary effort, especially in carrying out destruction of Category 1 chemicals in a rapid, effective and safe manner,” the Director-General said.
The Special Coordinator for the OPCW-UN Joint Mission, Ms Sigrid Kaag, also addressed the Executive Council meeting and praised the international efforts to disarm Syria.
“This operation has been an exemplary model of multilaterism at work,” Ms Kaag said. “We all have shown what can be achieved when all international partners work together towards a common goal.”
Other issues reported to the Council in today’s meeting regarding the ongoing mission in Syria:
  • The OPCW-UN Joint Mission in Syria will conclude its work on 30 September 2014. The UN Office for Project Services (UNOPS) will henceforth provide the necessary administrative, logistical and procurement support as well as ensure, along with the UN Department of Safety and Security, that necessary security arrangements are in place by 30 September.
  • The OPCW and Syrian Government are jointly undertaking the necessary preparations to begin destroying 12 structures that formerly housed chemical weapons destruction facilities. Destruction activities are scheduled to get underway in September.
  • Work continues by the OPCW’s Declaration Assessment Team, assigned to clarify discrepancies and anomalies in Syria’s initial declaration of its chemical weapons programme. The Fact Finding Mission continues to collect information to establish facts surrounding the allegations of the use of chlorine in Syria.

Um it's well known Obama wanted out and didn't care about dealing with malaki. Yes Iraq wasn't going to grant that, but there is more to that story that you left out.

As an American that hated to see 4584 American troops get killed in an unnecessary war, it is VERY WELL KNOWN to me that Maliki did not give a shit about the sacrifice those soldiers made that gave him a chance to govern Iraq in place of Saddam Hussein. Maliki didn't do or even try to do what Our President rightfully expected of him to protect the sacrifice that our soldiers and we taxpayers spent in Iraq for almost a decade.

You choose to take Maliki's side and blame Obama for not 'caring about dealing' with Maliki. I don't mind saying you Maliki symps are piss poor Americans. You must be driven by hatred of Obama.... since that is the only thing that explains such un-American behavior.
Obama and Maliki didn't want to deal with each other. I blame both of them.

Obama wanted them all out that's the bottom line

That's not true at all. Seriously stop lying

are you calling Obama a liar?

I'm calling you a liar...

He just said he did'nt want any troops in Iraq:confused-84:

So what? If that was the case he never would have met with Maliki. Lots of things are said during the election.

oh he lied then... I'm sure the meeting was just for public consumption :thup:

You really need to up your meds, Not Fooled. Unless you were dropped on your head when you were an infant....if you were, let me know so I can cut you some slack.

All those Master Degrees and you can't put up a single argument in opposition to what I'm writing.

That tells me a lot. You are cutting me quite a bit of slack by not having anything meaningful or intelligent to say.

Dillo, they're not all gone from Syria. Come on bud, you know not to trust Putin and Assad.

Now EconChick knows more about the destruction of CW from Syria than the OPCW does. What an amazing know it all we have here:

OPCW: All Category 1 Chemicals Declared by Syria Now Destroyed
Thursday, 28 August 2014

The Cape Ray. Photo Credit: US Dept. of Transportation
The OPCW Director-General, Ambassador Ahmet Üzümcü, reported to the Executive Council today that 100% of all Category 1 chemicals declared by the Syrian Arab Republic, totalling approximately 1,040 tonnes, have now been verified as destroyed. This includes 133 tonnes of Isopropanol previously destroyed on-site in Syria.
The Director-General reported OPCW inspectors have also verified that 70% of approximately 260 tonnes of Syria’s Category 2 chemicals have been destroyed as well, and in total, 94% of its entire declared stockpile. He said work continues to complete destruction of remaining chemicals at four facilities in Finland, the United Kingdom, the United States and eventually, the destruction of effluent from the Cape Ray in Germany.
“I wish to acknowledge, once again, the valuable contributions made by the States Parties involved in this extraordinary effort, especially in carrying out destruction of Category 1 chemicals in a rapid, effective and safe manner,” the Director-General said.
The Special Coordinator for the OPCW-UN Joint Mission, Ms Sigrid Kaag, also addressed the Executive Council meeting and praised the international efforts to disarm Syria.
“This operation has been an exemplary model of multilaterism at work,” Ms Kaag said. “We all have shown what can be achieved when all international partners work together towards a common goal.”
Other issues reported to the Council in today’s meeting regarding the ongoing mission in Syria:
  • The OPCW-UN Joint Mission in Syria will conclude its work on 30 September 2014. The UN Office for Project Services (UNOPS) will henceforth provide the necessary administrative, logistical and procurement support as well as ensure, along with the UN Department of Safety and Security, that necessary security arrangements are in place by 30 September.
  • The OPCW and Syrian Government are jointly undertaking the necessary preparations to begin destroying 12 structures that formerly housed chemical weapons destruction facilities. Destruction activities are scheduled to get underway in September.
  • Work continues by the OPCW’s Declaration Assessment Team, assigned to clarify discrepancies and anomalies in Syria’s initial declaration of its chemical weapons programme. The Fact Finding Mission continues to collect information to establish facts surrounding the allegations of the use of chlorine in Syria.

It's all over open source that it's not all destroyed. You're too gullible to know what info to trust and not trust.

All those Master Degrees and you can't put up a single argument in opposition to what I'm writing.

That tells me a lot. You are cutting me quite a bit of slack by not having anything meaningful or intelligent to say.

LOL, I need to know what you look like. I'm trying to figure out what your issues are. I've just repeated for the umpteenth time how you have misquoted me over and over and you pretend you don't see it or you're just really retarded...or you're playing the squirrel game.

As far as not having anything meaningful to say....now that is correct.

ROLL EYES.

Obama and Maliki didn't want to deal with each other. I blame both of them.

It WAS both their faults.

That's not true at all. Seriously stop lying
So what? If that was the case he never would have met with Maliki. Lots of things are said during the election.
No it wasn't you moron. Seriously

so he did or didn't lie when he said he wanted no troops in Iraq?

How many should we have left there? What's that number, oh exalted economist/national security expert/ message board junkie?

Zero according to the SOFA treaty signed by Bush in 2008.

Obama was merely following the deadline of December 2011.

If he had broken the treaty then the GOP idiots would have had a scandal on their hands....Like a REAL one this time.

A SOFA is not a treaty, it is a contract. A contract that can be renegotiated at any time that the parties agree to renegotiate. The SOFA that Bush negotiated in 2008 expired three years after it went into effect, and consequently did not tie Obama's hands in any conceivable way.

You all seem to want to forget that Obama stated, numerous times, during the 2008 campaign that he had no intention of leaving any troops behind, and he carried out that promise against the advice of his military commanders. That strategic mistake gave rise to ISIS in Iraq, and leaves us with the situation that we find ourselves in today.

Obama owns the mess that his decisions created, and it takes either an ignorant ass, or a partisan hack to attempt to put that blame onto Bush. Bush has not been the President for six and one half years, and he has little to no influence on the incompetent boob that has been the President for six and one half years.

so he did or didn't lie when he said he wanted no troops in Iraq?
Oh he didn't want troops in there but he also knew about sofa as well..therefore at that point and time all troops would not be leaving.

How Much You Wanna Bet We Put The Amount Of Troops Back In Iraq We Should've Left There?

Pretty doubtful.

Obama will continue to nickel and dime our commitment there, using mostly air strikes which can degrade the enemy but not win the war. He'll be terrified of suffering the slightest number of American casualties, knowing that his base will immediately want to cut and run if that happens, and fearful of what they will say about him.

It will have to wait until we get a President who wants to defeat the enemy (which is done by killing so many of them, regardless of how many of us they kill, that they finally scream "Uncle!"), instead of the present President who merely wants to "Send a message" to ISIS, and more importantly, to his base.

Obama has already put the 1400 he publicly announced over the past few weeks. After the election he will certainly pour more in. By December 31, I predict at LEAST a Brigade will be sent. By next year there will be more.

if the trend continues that is certainly possible

the really bad part of that is that we gave up

the defensive positions

this would be pretty much starting at square one again

Obama has already put the 1400 he publicly announced over the past few weeks. After the election he will certainly pour more in. By December 31, I predict at LEAST a Brigade will be sent. By next year there will be more.
Obama refused to keep troops in Iraq because Iraq insisted they be able to charge them with local crimes and Courts. That was Iraq's choice and it was a no go.
It was the correct choice. One of the few obama has made.

I'm not sure we should go in and save Iraq's ass.
Technically we should remove N Korea, Iran, and Syria's regimes. We should go into Somalia and destroy the Muslims there. We should destroy the Sunni's in Iraq. And we should send troops into Ukraine.
But we don't have that many troops.

But after getting a load of ISIS, there are enough Arab troops to wreck them, with US Air power ONLY.So much dupe ignorance on here.... NOBODY wants US troops there except some RW morons...

So..you knew all about ISIL before our troops left Iraq? Where are your posts about that....?

Oh, look, it's my favorite flake. I've never seen you get ONE post right, not one.

And yes, many of us knew this would happen. Now being the moron that you are, you'll get hung up on the exact name someone is calling an Islamic extremist group or which splinter group is prominent at any one time but no, it wasn't hard to see coming.

But what does that have to do with my OP? It has nothing to do with it.

Try to keep up darlin.

Better yet, go back to painting your nails.

Nice attempt to rewrite history.

I remember what the Obama haters were saying back when the troops were coming out of Iraq;

they were insisting that no CREDIT should go to Obama because it was BUSH's plan that was getting the troops out.

Forum List

Back