How much would you sell your hand for?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A Cayce man has been charged with insurance fraud after another man’s hand was chopped off.

Thirty-four-year-old Gerald B. Hardin faces six charges, including mail fraud for a 2008 incident in Sumter County where a man’s had was cut off with a pole saw.

Federal indictments state that Hardin and another person used a saw to intentionally cut off the hand of a third person in an insurance fraud scheme. The indictment says the men submitted claims under a homeowner’s insurance policy and three accidental death and dismemberment polices.

It says the men received more than $670,000.

Man Charged With Chopping Off Friend’s Hand For Insurance Money « CBS Charlotte

Why does this not shock me? :confused:

A Cayce man has been charged with insurance fraud after another man’s hand was chopped off.

Thirty-four-year-old Gerald B. Hardin faces six charges, including mail fraud for a 2008 incident in Sumter County where a man’s had was cut off with a pole saw.

Federal indictments state that Hardin and another person used a saw to intentionally cut off the hand of a third person in an insurance fraud scheme. The indictment says the men submitted claims under a homeowner’s insurance policy and three accidental death and dismemberment polices.

Because people can be really retarded.

Authorities: North Bergen Target employee staged accident to collect workers' comp, but scheme was caught on video | NJ.com

^-----This was in your state. How did you miss this hilarity filled story?

Wow. Thanks art. I don't know how I missed it. NJ.com is my #1 news place.

A few years ago some students told me a story about a couple of their classmates who would "lay on the street" waiting for a car to hit them. They considered it a game of "chicken" but also knew they could "get rich" if they were hit. It didn't occur to them they might die.

All I could think was "This is what happens when cousins marry". :cuckoo:

Sell my hand?

Not for a million dollars.

But I'll give you the finger for free.

:razz:

Because they're murkins.

Because they're murkins.
as opposed to being a short fat ugly old hairball who likes to fuck his 18 year old maid.....i hope you do give the poor girl use of a Lint Roller....im sure she can use one after you foul the poor girl.....

Ha ha.

I wonder why all three got paid.

Back in the day anyone could insure anyone for no reason at all.

It ended up leading to murder.

Me and you get together, we deside we need a million and the easiest way to do that is too insure a 3rd person. we find anyone with id, but a policy on him, naming ourselves to get the benefits. We kill 3rd man, get double the policy b/c we paid for the accidental death/dismemberment.

In dismemberment, the insured also gets paid. Which leads too.....

Now the reason they may have all 3 gone in together; When you pay a premium, you sometimes have to wait for things to mature. With a policy, if you suicide within 2 years, only what you paid in is given back. 2 years and a day, it's paid with the ADD, if any.

so what they probably did, was pool money, to get a single pay policy.

and seriously, if a $14trillion a year industry didn't think people would do that....

It's illegal to sell body parts in the US but many companies that sell accident insurance policies freely post their awards for injuries. Look at the brochure sometime, they actually list what you would get if you you lost a body part. Maybe it's tempting for a drunk or a dumb ass destitute person to figure how he could swindle the insurance companies.

defrauding insurance companies is a favored game of many scammers....insurance agencies simply pay many due to paying being cheaper than fighting it....you can lay the blame of much of this right on the insurers door step but of course that wont happen......its forbidden to put people before profit

Forum List

Back