How much would it take to make you feel rich?

How much would it take to make you feel rich?

• Total voters
1 million isn't a lot of money these days, so I settled for 5 million.

You are correct.

With the median income near $50k a year, in 20 years you will make a million.

So anyone that picks a million will be broke in 20 years. )assuming they don't keep working, which beats the "I'm rich" idea(

Yanno..................250 grand would actually make me feel rich.

Especially since I've spent all my adult life in the military and never made more than 38,000/yr.

As long as I have enough to eat, a house to live in, a shower to wash with, a bicycle (and the ability) to ride, as well as enough for a couple extras like cable and internet, I'm pretty set.

And even though I live on around 1,400 a month? I'm pretty happy, because I have someone who truly loves me and we share together.

Last edited:

Especially since I've spent all my adult life in the military and never made more than 38,000/yr.
I hear ya. $250K would get me free and clear of EVERYTHING, plus buy a good house and some toys.

Nevertheless, I voted for 5 mil. When I was a kid, word on the street -- okay, the gravel county road -- was that you could live on the interest from $300K. A couple years ago I asked a friend who plays the market what that number is today. He said 5 mil.

I hear ya. $250K would get me free and clear of EVERYTHING, plus buy a good house and some toys.

Nevertheless, I voted for 5 mil. When I was a kid, word on the street -- okay, the gravel county road -- was that you could live on the interest from $300K. A couple years ago I asked a friend who plays the market what that number is today. He said 5 mil.

Depends on what you consider "living". Like I said, enough to eat, a place to live and stay clean, enough for entertainment every now and again and a good quality bicycle and someone to love.

I can do that easily on 20,000/year, AND take vacations.

Depends on what you consider "living". Like I said, enough to eat, a place to live and stay clean, enough for entertainment every now and again and a good quality bicycle and someone to love.

I think we talked about an annual income of $50K.

I think we talked about an annual income of $50K.

50 grand/year and I'd take TWO vacations a year!

1 million isn't a lot of money these days, so I settled for 5 million.

You are correct.

With the median income near $50k a year, in 20 years you will make a million.

So anyone that picks a million will be broke in 20 years. )assuming they don't keep working, which beats the "I'm rich" idea(

Yeah but you don't actually HAVE a million in that scenario. Aren't you asking about money currently in possession? Making 50k for 20 years doesn't put 1 million in your possession unless you've been living for free and spending 0.

Probably most of us would accept a certain amount of money to be content, perhaps enough to live comfortably the rest of our lives. But the bigger question is, are there people that never have enough money and continue to try and acquire more and more money long after they had enough to live comfortably?

Forum List

Back