How much wood?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Does anybody know the answer to this question?

There is a more precise formula though:

(W + I) * C where W = the constant of wood, which is well known to be 61, as agreed in many scientific circles. I = the variable in this equation, and stands for the word "if" from the original problem. As there are three circumstances, with 0 equaling the chance that the woodchuck cannot chuck wood, 1 being the theory that the woodchuck can chuck wood but chooses not to, and 2 standing for the probability that the woodchuck can and will chuck wood, we clearly must choose 2 for use in this equation. C = the constant of Chuck Norris, whose presence in any problem involving the word chuck must there, is well known to equal 1.1 of any known being, therefore the final part of this calculation is 1.1.
As is clear, this appears to give the answer of (61 + 2) * 1.1 = (63) * 1.1 = 69.3 units of wood.

(W + I) * C where W = the constant of wood, which is well known to be 61, as agreed in many scientific circles. I = the variable in this equation, and stands for the word "if" from the original problem. As there are three circumstances, with 0 equaling the chance that the woodchuck cannot chuck wood, 1 being the theory that the woodchuck can chuck wood but chooses not to, and 2 standing for the probability that the woodchuck can and will chuck wood, we clearly must choose 2 for use in this equation. C = the constant of Chuck Norris, whose presence in any problem involving the word chuck must there, is well known to equal 1.1 of any known being, therefore the final part of this calculation is 1.1.
As is clear, this appears to give the answer of (61 + 2) * 1.1 = (63) * 1.1 = 69.3 units of wood.

That's pretty amazing. One thing though... What's to say the wood chuck ever really chucked wood in the first place? Maybe this is just one of those silly urban legends?

That's pretty amazing. One thing though... What's to say the wood chuck ever really chucked wood in the first place? Maybe this is just one of those silly urban legends?
You have a point.

This leads me to wonder: Where is said chucker of wood's birth certificate?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

The problem with this problem is it is not just the muscular energy involved in the chucking process, it is also the length of the arm. If you have watched humans chuck baseballs, you see most of the force is gathered from the rotation of the lever around the fulcrum.

Since a wood chuck has an arm of around 3 inches, the amount of leverage a woodchuck has is minimul. It is the 20" long lever that humans have that makes for human skill at chucking things for long distances and high velocities.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMSDo3BX5Ds&feature=related"]Byrd Chucking[/ame]

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Does anybody know the answer to this question?

Well, I know that Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, they say,a peck of pickled peppers peter piper picked, so; if peter piper picked a peck of picked peppers, how many pickeled peppers did peter piper pick?

Answer below:

None, because the peppers have to be picked before they are pickled :lol:

Last edited:

Here's the link: WikiAnswers - How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Some of the answers are pretty funny.

Forum List

Back