• more than two races

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 2nd generation so no variety

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • live overseas, so there isn't a lot of choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where are the two people who claimed to be three races? As for me? Three of my four grandparents were at least 1/4 Indian (Cherokee mostly but other nations are possible) but there is so much suspect or fraudulent documentation of White ancestry in my family all I know for certain is that I have blue-green eyes.

1/4 Swedish 1/64 Native American

not sure the percentages of the rest (English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, french)

As nearly as I have been able to determine for sure, I am English, Irish, Scotch, Welsh, French, German, Austrian, and there was a half Comanche grandparent in there somewhere. There is a missing link that my great uncle took to his grave--he knew who it was but he refused to tell it. After a great deal of digging and sleuthing, we now think that person might have been black or part black which, in my great uncle's culture and generation would have been horrendous. The rest of us think it's pretty cool.

When you bring in all the inlaws and their offspring that are blood related, you add Spanish, Mexican, Italian, Hungarian, Russian, Apache, some brand of Asian--this person was adopted as an orphan and never knew for sure what he was but suspects Cambodian or Vietnamese.

I'm sure there are some other ingredients that I've forgotten or didn't know about.

In other words I am definitely a proud mutt. :)

Last edited:
Many lines, some go back to New Amsterdam. More Scot than any other single bunch. Prussian, german, dutch, and english, with one line going back to Africa. On both maternal and paternal, lines going back before the revolution. My wife's background is even more fun. French back to orginal settling of Louisana, with a town bearing their name in Missouri. Her Grandmother was born in Russia, to German parents, volgadeutch, learned to speak german at home, russian outside the home, moved to North Dakota with her parents, Soiux became her third language, and she finally learned to speak English. Married a Sioux, so our children are 1/8 Lakota.

When I first started going to family reunions on my mothers side 50 years ago, the complexion was very pale. Now, the only group not represented at the reunions are Australian Abos. Probably someone a couple of generations down the line will take care of that.

I think the availability of geneology through the net has changed a lot of prejudices. Many surprises in great + grandparents.

Mostly Irish and PA Dutch (German), but also a little bit of Scots, English, Welsh, Dutch, and a rumor of some Italian in there somewhere.

Forum List

Back