How much should the rich pay in taxes ??

There should be a flat tax on everyone with the first $25,000 tax free to help the so-called poor. Also, the same standard deductions we currently have since people need to write off their homes, etc.

A flat tax makes sure everyone pays the same, while giving the poor a break.

This tax system should also be implemented with the E-verify system to ensure only Americans are working here and eventually cleared foreign workers on work visas. The illegals will go home or be rounded up, leaving the legal workers to pay the flat tax into a better system for all.

this is a question for for libbs and conservatives .how much should the rich pay ?? what % of their income should they pay in taxes ?? please be honest !!! if you are a libb and think 50% is the fair amount say it !! if you are a repub and believe 5% is the fair amount say it !!:eusa_whistle:
My rough guess is something like this:
People making less then $40,000 should not have to pay taxes, it is enough that they contribute by working, paying taxes on food, gas etc.
Person making $100,000+ after expenses could/should pay about 15% - this is after any investments he made in his business...
Person making $250,000+ after expenses could/should pay about 25%
Person making $500,000+ after expenses could/should pay about 40%

I believe there should be absolutely no property tax, it is inhumane to push people out of their homes after they have been working all their lives to pay for it. I believe government is way overtaxing us, only many of us are idiots and do not realise it because we ourselves don't make enough, but every time we pay a toll, or high gas, even the internet bill - consider yourself being taxed, because ISP's bought internet from the government - it was invented by military, and at first the charge was $5/month - this is also tax. all these things drain our economy.
sooo you are better off not producing as much and stopping after you make 400,000 ??? if you owned a small business what would your employees think about that ???:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Better off? C'mon... that's dishonest as hell. You mean to tell me that someone who runs a business would limit their production(and the monetary benefit gained) just to save on taxes? I call bullshit. They may not like paying taxes, but they sure as hell aren't going to cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Yes they would depending on their situation I visited a message board a few years ago where doctors were sharing ideas about how to get below the. 250K threshold. Many decided to have their wives stop working or cutting their own hours. These people were no idiots. They did the math.

There should be a flat tax on everyone with the first $25,000 tax free to help the so-called poor. Also, the same standard deductions we currently have since people need to write off their homes, etc.

Then that by definition is not a flat tax.. as the 'floor' inherently makes it a progressive tax code...

I.E.

Tax rate of 20% on all income over 25K

Person A earns 20K
Person B earns 40K
Person C earns 100K
Person D earns 1MIL

Person A pays a zero % federal tax rate on all income earned
Person B pays 3K in taxes or 7.5% rate
Person C pays 15K in taxes or a 15% rate
Person D pays 195K in taxes or a 19.5% rate

It's just another disguised way to have a progressive tax system... people are not paying the same

And deductions then open it up for more government pandering to certain groups... more class or situational warfare in politics

this is a question for for libbs and conservatives .how much should the rich pay ?? what % of their income should they pay in taxes ?? please be honest !!! if you are a libb and think 50% is the fair amount say it !! if you are a repub and believe 5% is the fair amount say it !!:eusa_whistle:

Who are the rich?

That would heavily depend. But, the income tax should be abolished for all. Capital gains is another story. And none of it will matter until the country adopts a responsible fiscal policy and sound monetary policy. This expansive money supply/inflationary system will make any tax percentage outdated within a few years due to currency devaluation, et al.....purchasing power.

First, Democrats are not going to allow a flat tax without some ceiling for the poor be it $10K or $25K.

Second, the flat rate is on all money above that ceiling, so whatever is left over is taxed at 20%-25%, whatever the rate, that is fair for everyone. There is no less incentive to make just under $250K to pay a lower rate, like now.

In reality the standard deductions could go away with a $25K ceiling on everyone's pay, so pretty much your first $25K doesn't get taxed.

Then that by definition is not a flat tax.. as the 'floor' inherently makes it a progressive tax code...

I.E.

Person A earns 20K
Person B earns 40K
Person C earns 100K
Person D earns 1MIL

It's just another disguised way to have a progressive tax system... people are not paying the same

And deductions then open it up for more government pandering to certain groups... more class or situational warfare in politics

Clean house? You mean like giving tax refunds to people who paid no taxes?
Start there and we'd be well on our way.

word

i know people that pay nothing and STILL get money back,

HOW THE FUCK do you expect to not go broke doing stupid shit like that?

First, Democrats are not going to allow a flat tax without some ceiling for the poor be it $10K or $25K.

Second, the flat rate is on all money above that ceiling, so whatever is left over is taxed at 20%-25%, whatever the rate, that is fair for everyone. There is no less incentive to make just under $250K to pay a lower rate, like now.

In reality the standard deductions could go away with a $25K ceiling on everyone's pay, so pretty much your first $25K doesn't get taxed.

I.E.

Person A earns 20K
Person B earns 40K
Person C earns 100K
Person D earns 1MIL

Again... a 'floor' is only a disguised way to enable yet another progressive tax system with people at different income levels paying a different rate on their income... as shown...

You can't say it isn't

And 'fair' is subjective....

And what democrats 'allow' is irrelevant... I don't give a rat's ass about their inherent class warfare rhetoric...

word

Yeah........I know someone like that as well, it's the corporation called GE that paid in nothing, yet still got a refund to the tune of around 4 billion dollars.

Start by taxing corporations.

Everyone who has greater than 10 million in assets should be taxed on their assets. I believe 10% annually would be fair.

I can't agree with taxing something that has been paid for with taxed earnings.

Last edited:
Our national debt would have been paid off this year if Bush had not enacted his tax cuts.

are you stoned? or just stupid?

You must have been still in diapers back then: The national debt: Imagine if it disappeared | The Economist

It was common knowledge the debt would be paid off to its irreducible level by 2012 before Bush decided to lower taxes.

Bush fucked that all up. In several ways.

Common knowledge and government projections on things based on if the internet/tech boom would have continued are not the same thing as fact...

Bush did fuck up some things... but the debt was not going to be paid off in 2012.. not unless payment of sunshine, rainbows, and unicorn farts were going to be accepted

Everyone who has greater than 10 million in assets should be taxed on their assets. I believe 10% annually would be fair.

I can't agree with taxing something that has been paid for with taxed earnings.

What if those earnings were in capital gains that were taxed at only 15-20 percent while the rest of us pay at least 28 percent?

To me it doesn't matter what rate the income was taxed at. Taxing assets will eventually rob you of your assets.

word

Yeah........I know someone like that as well, it's the corporation called GE that paid in nothing, yet still got a refund to the tune of around 4 billion dollars.

Start by taxing corporations.
immelt is is the presidents job zar !!!

Forum List

Back