How much should the rich pay in taxes ??

this is a question for for libbs and conservatives .how much should the rich pay ?? what % of their income should they pay in taxes ?? please be honest !!! if you are a libb and think 50% is the fair amount say it !! if you are a repub and believe 5% is the fair amount say it !!:eusa_whistle:
My rough guess is something like this:
People making less then $40,000 should not have to pay taxes, it is enough that they contribute by working, paying taxes on food, gas etc.
Person making $100,000+ after expenses could/should pay about 15% - this is after any investments he made in his business...
Person making $250,000+ after expenses could/should pay about 25%
Person making $500,000+ after expenses could/should pay about 40%

I believe there should be absolutely no property tax, it is inhumane to push people out of their homes after they have been working all their lives to pay for it. I believe government is way overtaxing us, only many of us are idiots and do not realise it because we ourselves don't make enough, but every time we pay a toll, or high gas, even the internet bill - consider yourself being taxed, because ISP's bought internet from the government - it was invented by military, and at first the charge was $5/month - this is also tax. all these things drain our economy.
sooo you are better off not producing as much and stopping after you make 400,000 ??? if you owned a small business what would your employees think about that ???:cuckoo::cuckoo:

this is a question for for libbs and conservatives .how much should the rich pay ?? what % of their income should they pay in taxes ?? please be honest !!! if you are a libb and think 50% is the fair amount say it !! if you are a repub and believe 5% is the fair amount say it !!:eusa_whistle:
My rough guess is something like this:
People making less then $40,000 should not have to pay taxes, it is enough that they contribute by working, paying taxes on food, gas etc.
Person making $100,000+ after expenses could/should pay about 15% - this is after any investments he made in his business...
Person making $250,000+ after expenses could/should pay about 25%
Person making $500,000+ after expenses could/should pay about 40%

I believe there should be absolutely no property tax, it is inhumane to push people out of their homes after they have been working all their lives to pay for it. I believe government is way overtaxing us, only many of us are idiots and do not realise it because we ourselves don't make enough, but every time we pay a toll, or high gas, even the internet bill - consider yourself being taxed, because ISP's bought internet from the government - it was invented by military, and at first the charge was $5/month - this is also tax. all these things drain our economy.
sooo you are better off not producing as much and stopping after you make 400,000 ??? if you owned a small business what would your employees think about that ???:cuckoo::cuckoo:

The way marginal tax rates work, which I assume is what the poster has in mind, is that the higher rate would apply only to income after, say, $500,000. So, someone earning $500,001 pretax would also make more after tax than someone earning $499,999.

I think everyone should be taxed equally. At the same time they need to get rid of loopholes so these elites making millions of dollars end up having to pay just like everyone else.

So you want everyone to pay the 41.5%?

That was not the question...

That was a question. Direct to ewe from the Miester. Can ewe answer it?

Again..........no comprehension for reading exhibited by the soggy pussy known as Shallow Skeeve........

Got news for you twatlips, the question was how much the RICH should pay, not how much everyone should pay.

You really should pay attention before posting.

Honest answer? Return to the tax rates of Clinton, because after he left office, we had a surplus that was given away under Jr.

Return to the Clinton tax rates, and use that money to pay down the deficit.

Besides...........a stretch limo and a private jet do more damage to the infrastructure and environment than a Prius.

Option A: Return to Clinton era tax brackets.

That means not just removing the Bush tax cuts for the rich. It means removing the Bush tax cuts for everyone.

Our national debt would have been paid off this year if Bush had not enacted his tax cuts.

Option B: Eliminate the current six brackets and replace with three brackets of 9, 15, and 24 percent.

This would be coupled with eliminating all tax credits except Earned Income Tax Credit, child credit, and foreign tax credits.

There would also be a cap on mortgage interest rate deduction, employer-provided health insurance deduction, and retirement savings reduction.

Finally, capital gains would be taxed at the same amount as income tax (9, 15, and 24 percent).

And finally, raise the retirement age to 70.

Last edited:
41.5% then erase:

1. Bush tax cuts forever

2. corporate subsidies forever

3. off shore stashes forever

4. all special interest campaign contributions

5. taxpayer assistance of any sort = insist on the Free Market aka pay your own way

6. self investigation of congressional members

I'd suggest it is time to clean house!!!

Clean house? You mean like giving tax refunds to people who paid no taxes?
Start there and we'd be well on our way.

I think we need to find a percentage that is needed to run the place and and have it be the same for all of us. Like if it is 20% for example, you, me, Warren Buffet all get taxed at 20%. No loopholes, no deductions.

Everyone who has greater than 10 million in assets should be taxed on their assets. I believe 10% annually would be fair.

Okay, great idea. So basically, we'll tax anyone who has assets over $10 million until we get them back down to $10 million. That isn't even something liberals would support. If you have earned what you have and already paid taxes on those earnings, why in the world should you be taxed on them again, just for having them? The only exception to this is the death tax, and even that should be limited.

For the past few decades, the rich have not been earning all of the money they have been making. They are reaping most of the benefits of the increase in productivity and profit in corporate America. The working class have barely seen their contribution realized.

There is NO SINGLE ANSWER to such a foolish question.

Its like asking: How far is UP?

How much ANYBODY ought to pay in taxes depends entirely upon what the society needs, AND how that society wants to structure itself.

There is NO SINGLE ANSWER to such a foolish question.

Its like asking: How far is UP?

How much ANYBODY ought to pay in taxes depends entirely upon what the society needs, AND how that society wants to structure itself.

Current structure....

What % of your income tax should go to Uncle Sam? I said something like 20% in my original post.

My method is to get the figure, divide by the number of tax payers and impose an income tax at that rate. Of course this doesn't include corporations...oh wait. Corporations are people too.

Mitt Romney- Corporations Are People! - YouTube

So 20% of $300 B is what, $60 Billion Wal-Mart would pay in simply income tax alone?

The same % on every dollar earned as every other citizen... no exceptions, no deductions, and no difference on source of income...

So.. if it is necessary that a 25% tax be currently needed to support the current budget (if there really is a budget, but that's another story)... then that is what it has to be... though I would demand and expect continued reduction in the size, scope, and spending of government that a 15% or so tax rate would be more than ample for all citizens

Everybody in America should pay the very same rate of taxes - from the poorest man to the richest man. You have about half the country paying no federal taxes at all being carried by the rest. Nothing fair about that. Everybody needs some skin in the game.

Simplify the tax code. I'm not sure how I feel about a flat tax because I'm certain there would still be a group who would get screwed.

Most wealthy people would probably be ok with 50 percent. But there are states that take up to 10 percent with very limited deductions for the top tier. I am not an expert on tax law but I do know that our "taxable income" is generally 10-20 percent higher for our NJ 1040 than our federal one.
Add to that all the other taxes like property, sales, etc. and I imagine that 30 percent fed tax is about right.

Keeping less than half would tick anyone off - not matter what their earnings.

Simplify the tax code. I'm not sure how I feel about a flat tax because I'm certain there would still be a group who would get screwed.

Most wealthy people would probably be ok with 50 percent. But there are states that take up to 10 percent with very limited deductions for the top tier. I am not an expert on tax law but I do know that our "taxable income" is generally 10-20 percent higher for our NJ 1040 than our federal one.
Add to that all the other taxes like property, sales, etc. and I imagine that 30 percent fed tax is about right.

Keeping less than half would tick anyone off - not matter what their earnings.

A federal flat tax of 50% will never fly....without being able to apply deductions, that can easily be equivalent to 60%
Toss in FICA, State, local...and we will have some people walking home with 30% of what they earn.

Forum List

Back