How much should a Police officer be paid?

I believe that the majority of public employees should start out in the vicinity of the median wage for their area. Any raises they get from there should be based upon their individual performance.

Yes - I would very much like to see you again embarass yourself by trying to show that from the argument that background checks are a form of prior restraint and therefore unconstitutional necessarily follows the position that the prohibition agaiinst felons owning firearms is unconstitutional.
Show us, oh grand master of the non-sequitur, how this is.
First of all 'prior restraint' has nothing to do with background checks.
You obviously don't remember what I argued.
Lack of capacity, or lack of desire - either way, you don't remember.
Or, you dont understand the issue.
Or both.

Second of all,
Yes... Aside form the fact that this isnt what you originally claimed I said...
if you support denying the government the right to screen guy buyers for felony convictions, then you are in fact supporting the right of felons to conceal their felony convictions, and you are thus in fact supporting the right of felons to purchase and own guns.
Thank you, grand master of the non-sequitur.
I'd ask you how the latter necesarily folows from the former, but you would not undertsand the request.

Virtually the only known way to prevent a felon from purchasing a firearm is to be able to check a gun buyer's criminal record.

If you oppose letting that occur, then you oppose preventing felons from purchasing firearms.

Why don't you tell us how you effectively enforce the prevention of felons buying and possessing firearms once you prohibit the background check?

I think we've worn out the teacher thread, so how's about we move on to a comparison to Police officers.

How much should they be paid?

How much do you value your safety? You wanna put a price on this?

First, let me say I was a probation officer in Marin County, CA quite a number of years ago, and I respect what the Police do within the community, for those who NEED their assistance.

The police are trained to be REACTIVE, not proactive, so by the very nature of their job, their janitors, they show up AFTER the crime, and clean up.

As to your question, I take care of my own safety, I'll let YOU put a price on that.:eusa_hand:

How much? As much as they are worth and wanted. Here in my neck of the woods, that's all we have. Those in our small town LOVE our sheriffs. They were going to pull out due to budget cuts and rent on the building because it's just a substation. The town had a hissy. The building owner lowered the rent substantially and we got to keep them. Lucky us!

A Sheriff dept. is fundamentally different from a police dept due to the Sheriff being democratically accountable and the chief of police not being directly so

Difference between being an inner-city cop and a country cop. Simple as that.

Not so simple. Many deputies patrol a large rural area, sometimes an hour from backup; officers on patrol in a major city can expect the calvary in minutes.

Back in the day, law officers were paid a "base pay", and then a "per arrest" fee, seems a bit tricky. On the plus side, it does make them more pro-active.

Back in the day, law officers were paid a "base pay", and then a "per arrest" fee, seems a bit tricky. On the plus side, it does make them more pro-active.

So if I arrest my impulse to laugh at a post, I get paid for it?

Which union negotiated that contract? They need at least a thank you holiday card or something.

So if I arrest my impulse to laugh at a post, I get paid for it?

Which union negotiated that contract? They need at least a thank you holiday card or something.

So, you DO understand the "tricky" part.:clap2:

Virtually the only known way to prevent a felon from purchasing a firearm is to be able to check a gun buyer's criminal record.

If you oppose letting that occur, then you oppose preventing felons from purchasing firearms.
You're just repeating yourself - You've not illustrated the necessary relationship between the two concepts.

Non sequitur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And thus, you continue to fail.

Well, it seems we've arrived at the same point we were at with the "Teachers thread".

Asking what a profession should be paid is stupid, and can only promote what we see happening once again in this thread, just like we saw with the previous thread.

My bad.................:eusa_whistle:

New Topics

Forum List

Back