How Much More In Taxes Do Liberal Want Me To Pay?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by red states rule, Jun 17, 2006.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I am fed up and tired of hearing liberals say the "rich" need to pay their "fair share"

What do libs consider rich?

At what income level, if you are single, are you "rich" accroding to liberals?

The top producers pay about 34.3% to the Federal gfovernment. What rate would libs like to see the "rich" pay?

Please remember the follwoing BEFORE you answer
    The top 50% of income earners pay a whopping 96.5% of federal income taxes, while the lower 50% pay just 3.5%.
    The top 25% pay 83.88% of federal income taxes
    The top 10% pay 65.8% (these are people with an adjusted cross income of about $95,000 or higher)
    The top 5% pay 54.4%
    The top 1% pay 34.3% (these are people with an adjusted gross income of about $300,000 or higher)

These numbers are from the IRS. They should know who pays taxes and who does not

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Rico

Rico Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38
    The Dems consider all those not currently cashing a government check to be "rich". I own a business and when I cut that quarterly check, as I did last week, it feels like I'm being bled out. I truly believe if the Dems had their way I'd be able to keep only 33% of the money I work hard to earn. They are without scruples, morals, ideas, religion, or any basic understanding of economics. The lot of them won't be satisfied until we all essentially "work" for the government and are left with enough to eat and house ourselves only. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Taxation without representation!!!!!

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Look at your take home pay...SEND IT IN!

4. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I look at my paystub, and trust me, I say a few cuss words as I look at how much the government is taking.

THEN I think how much worse it would be if the libs were running DC

5. BaronVonBigmeat

BaronVonBigmeat Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +160
    No actually it's probably more like 10%. How do I know that? Because that's what the uppermost tax bracket used to be, right around 90% confiscation.

Not that voting republican is going to reduce the burden of government's yoke around your neck. They certainly haven't shown any desire to cut spending. Let's face it, the 1994 contract with america is dead and buried--if it was actually a sincere desire to begin with. In the end, cutting spending is the only thing that matters, because borrowing and inflation (money printing) will cause just as much pain as high taxes.

6. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

Libs cannot explain how WITH tax cuts, revenues have INCREASED to the govenment.

The annual deficit is DECREASING

The US economy is GROWING

ALL WITH TAX CUTS!!!!!

7. gonegolfin

gonegolfin Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Don't get me wrong, I am all for tax cuts. And I do believe that tax cuts stimulate growth. But there is another reason that revenues have increased to the government and it has nothing to do with tax cuts. In fact, I would argue that in this case it is a tax increase. That is, the extremely loose credit policies and excessive inflation (= monetary inflation, not price inflation) that has been taking place, particularly in the last five years (and notably since 1913). This money creation (and it has been excessive in recent years) is a tax. It also stimulates growth, although not real growth, just growth in nominal dollars (as opposed to real dollars).

I would also argue that the GDP numbers (as well as the various inflation indicators) put out by our government are bogus. These formulas have been doctored to the point of insanity (increasingly over the last couple of decades), all in the pursuit of convincing investors (many of them foreign) that our dollar is strong and is not being devalued. When the truth is anything but. Of course, you will not see this in the mainstream financial media or emanating from Wall Street.

Brian

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Not that I'll understand it, but others will; can you post more specifics and links to your 'facts'?

9. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

Tax cuts help all of us

Since the first round of the Bush tax cuts the following has happened

GDP up 20%

Jobs up 6.2 million

Tax receipts up 30%

Tax cuts worked for JFK. They worked for Ronald Reagan. They are working for Pres George W Bush

10. gonegolfin

gonegolfin Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I think you misunderstood what I said as well as the central point of my reply.

Brian