How much more do you pay to government than you get back?

The problem with the youth roaming the streets at night and the resulting crime has nothing to do with the decline in parenting skills in America?
Sure it has, and the number of kids who don't complete high-school mostly derives from the same lack of parenting skills.

No, not if you ask schools.

It is the Public School's Mandate to Educate, and when a kid drops out, it is the fault of the public school: they failed their own mandate.

My proposal is to "lower the bar" for graduation, and thereby make 100% Education a realistic goal.

But the trend is to "raise the bar" and then scratch our heads over reasons for increasing drop out rates.

The problem with the youth roaming the streets at night and the resulting crime has nothing to do with the decline in parenting skills in America?
Sure it has, and the number of kids who don't complete high-school mostly derives from the same lack of parenting skills.

It is the Public School's Mandate to Educate, and when a kid drops out, it is the fault of the public school: they failed their own mandate.

My proposal is to "lower the bar" for graduation, and thereby make 100% Education a realistic goal.

But the trend is to "raise the bar" and then scratch our heads over reasons for increasing drop out rates.

You mean like what they have done with civil servant exams here in NY?

The attitude was not enough minorities were passing them...so they made them easier to pass.

You mean like what they have done with civil servant exams here in NY?

The attitude was not enough minorities were passing them...so they made them easier to pass.

Well, It worked, right?:razz:

No, not exactly: I guess I would more accurately remove the "bar" altogether.

Keeping kids in school until they're 18 or graduate so they can read Shakespeare and add fractions is idiotic nonsense, but this is how the Education Beaurocracy makes a living, so I wouldn't expect it to change soon.

I'd offer a Free Vocational Highschool after 8th grade. Anyone not wishing to attend would enter the workforce or go to college on their own dime.

Forum List

Back