How much is enough?

So because I don't know the price of the individual bases around the world I can't know that the overall military budget needs to be cut? Where is the logic in that?
Quite simple, really.
If you don't know the particulars, you cannot begin to guess what can/can be cut.
If you do not know what can/can't be cut, then there's no way for you to say for certain that -anything- can be cut.
I see so according to you if you dont know how much you want to cut you can't be in favor of cutting. So basically you're a dumbass

Well given that charities are 25% less efficient at helping the poor then the government if all charities ceased to exists and the government took over in their places the poverty rate would fall dramatically

:lmao:

Tens of trillions of dollars spent...by government...in the war on poverty since the early sixties haven't changed poverty rates because...

Sure it does.If private efforts were "realistic" we would see "real" examples of it being done on a scale equal to or greater than the size of our country. "Realistic" as in the "real world".

You can't though, because it doesn't exist. I win again.

Tell us what the poverty level would be if churches and charities in the US stopped lending a helping hand to the less fortunate?

It's doing a helluva lot of good... That's reality, loser....

Now claim how you win the interwebs some more... It's funny....:lol:

Well given that charities are 25% less efficient at helping the poor then the government if all charities ceased to exists and the government took over in their places the poverty rate would fall dramatically

Well given that charities are 25% less efficient at helping the poor then the government

Wow! Public school?

So because I don't know the price of the individual bases around the world I can't know that the overall military budget needs to be cut? Where is the logic in that?
Quite simple, really.
If you don't know the particulars, you cannot begin to guess what can/can be cut.
If you do not know what can/can't be cut, then there's no way for you to say for certain that -anything- can be cut.

Are there any actual adults on this site with an ounce of honesty and the ability to have a mature conversation?
Yep. And I'm waitng for you to up your game to that level.
I know the military budget is inflated and I know we don't need to be fighting multiple wars, or have bases around the world, etc
How do you know this?

I know enough, you just don't want to actually discuss cuts...
Funny.. I've been trying to get you to say what you'd cut, and why
:dunno:

so you invent some rule...
Says he who out-of-hand and w/o a sound anrgument excludes the private sector from any idea as to how to take care of those in need
:lol:

....I can't have an opinion...
Oh, you can have an opinion. The trick is for you to have an informed opinion with which you might convince others, which you apparently cannot.

But, I see you want to back away from the discussion. Far be it from me to stop you.

Sure it does.If private efforts were "realistic" we would see "real" examples of it being done on a scale equal to or greater than the size of our country. "Realistic" as in the "real world".

Fail.
When you can define "realistic" and show that the private sector -cannot- meen that descrption, get back to me.

Understand that "cannot" and "currently no examples of" are not the same thing.

LOL, you should have just not even replied. I'm sorry you don't understand the definition of realistic. I blame it on the schools...or in your case I'm guessing, the lack of. Know what I "meen"?
It is -impossible- for you to argue that someting is/isn't unrealistic until you define the term in context.
But, we both know that the REAL reason you would go down this path is because you know you cannot show that the private sector -cannot- meet your definition 'realistic".

Thus, the limit your arbitrarily imposed ion the discussion is negated. Carry on.

How do you figure that when 80% of every dollar the government allocates to welfare goes to pay for staff and other expenses?

You just make up your "facts," don't you?

You are, without question.

Your version of morality states that the weak, sick, poor, etc, shodul be taken care of by those who have means. You don't see this sufficiently being taken care of by the private sector, and so you want government to force everyone to do it so that it gets done right.
Thus, you seek to impose your version of morality on everyone.

By the fact that you refuse to describe how you have standing to take exception when someone wants to do the same to you.
Well...?

Your a master strawman creator, Bravo. You keep telling me what I think despite me telling you otherwise. Enjoy your fantasy world.
Really?
Which part do you deny?
1: Your version of morality states that the weak, sick, poor, etc, should be taken care of by those who have means.
2: You don't see this sufficiently being taken care of by the private sector
3: Thus, you want government to force everyone to take care of those people so that it gets done right.
Still waiting for a response.

Tell us what the poverty level would be if churches and charities in the US stopped lending a helping hand to the less fortunate?

It's doing a helluva lot of good... That's reality, loser....

Now claim how you win the interwebs some more... It's funny....:lol:

Well given that charities are 25% less efficient at helping the poor then the government...
Show this to be true.

Quite simple, really.
I see so according to you if you dont know how much you want to cut you can't be in favor of cutting. So basically you're a dumbass
Says he who apparently does not posess the means to understand what I said.

The federal government is not an employment agency, Wall Street isn't your enemy and cheap oil is a good thing. Once stupid lefties get those concepts through their thick tor heads we could make some real progress.

New Topics

Forum List

Back