How much has Obama added to the National Debt?

Hey.........anybody get aload of the new poll #'s today out on Rasmussen?? Yuk.......yuk.............

New loooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww!!!!!

41% Approval!!!

This is historic...........nobody in the history of the world has taken such a plunge at such a precipitous rate!!! Every time this guy goes out and does a speech, he loses another point in the polls!!!

OK, I guess I can go ahead and bust your bubble now that you are foaming at the mouth. When Obama gets down to 25%, do give me a ring. Notice it was all down hill for Bush.

cvfspjk4hesmzts2bc0brg.gif

So at 25% approval the voters can elect the president and both houses of congress from the out party. At 41% approval the voters just elect one house of Congress from the out party? When the voters aren't happy the incumbents get bounced. Why is that so tough to understand?

Not sure what your argument is?! To get elected you need more than 41% of the voters.

So at 25% approval the voters can elect the president and both houses of congress from the out party. At 41% approval the voters just elect one house of Congress from the out party? When the voters aren't happy the incumbents get bounced. Why is that so tough to understand?

Not sure what your argument is?! To get elected you need more than 41% of the voters.

Hey, vote them out,.........................if you can. I will be more interested in the election demographics, than in who wins the election. It will speak volumes about the third party, and what Americans really want. The lever is mighter than the poll. :lol:

Simply NOT TRUE....the article is NOT speaking about the National Debt as your title claims....and Obama's first budget began october 1st 2009 for the fiscal year 2010....his first year's budget is not even over yet....

President Bush's last budget began oct 1 2008 for fiscal year 2009 and ended september 30, 2009.....so fiscal year 2009 is attributed to President Bush's last budget....in every financial report.

President Bush/congress added $6.1 trillion to the national debt. He more than doubled the entire National Debt in the history of our country at fiscal end of his 8 years.

president bush's figures began for his fiscal budgets october 1, 2001 ending sep 30, 2009

the national debt when he began his fiscal budget 10/01/2001was:
$5,806,151,389,190.21

the national debt after his last fiscal budget ending 09/30/2009 was:
$11,909,829,003,511.75

put the dates in on this link: Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

obama's first fiscal budget began on october 1, 2009:
$11,909,829,003,511.75

through September 8, 2010:
$13,435,355,520,330.43

$1,525.5 trillion added to the national debt he inherited, of $11.9 trillion....

STILL an awful lot added to our national debt, but not as you state or as the article implies.

the Public debt is the debt we owe to other countries.

The National debt is our TOTAL Debt- the money we borrowed from ourselves, called Intragovernmental debt...(the debt we owe social security for spending their surplus monies on the budget that we should have been collecting income taxes or corporate taxes etc for), PLUS the Public debt, to give us our National Debt total.

President Obama, will not have the luxury of Surplus social security taxes to use to pay for his budgets as all presidents previously had back to reagan....from the articles that I have been reading, Social Security is no longer collecting surplus in taxes, so the deficit spending will be borrowed from foreigners and not borrowed from ourselves, for the most part....which logically means that by default, any deficit spending coming from his budgets, will be segmented as Public Debt.

the 8 fiscal years under president Bush's budgets, he borrowed over $2 trillion dollars from social security surplus funds, to pay for his budgets....which shows up under intragovernmental debt.

See if i can remember this. it was printed in a local paper about a month ago.

A billion seconds ago it was 1968.

A billion minutes ago Jesus Christ was alive.

A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the stone age.

A billion Dollars ago was about 8 hours 20 minutes in Washington.

This is bogus and here is why:

FDR added as much debt (or at least very nearly as much) in his era as Obama has if you measured it in inflation adjusted dollars.

In inflation adjusted dollars Obama may be responsible for something like 7% of our full historical debt since 1913.

Which is horrible,but not nearly as horrible as the OP asserts.

For example in inflation adjusted dollars Reagan himself is still responsible for more debt than Obama is, doubly so when you consider that we are still paying interest on Reagan's debt 26 years later.

If you have ever taken out a 30year loan you know that the interest more than equals the principle after 30 years.

So a BIG part of our current deficit actually IS the interest on the debts accrued by ALL previous presidents.

Making it some kind of triplicate lie to claim that Obama caused more of our debt then all presidents since our founding.

And i think the debt is criminal. I oppose every bit of it.

But the thread theme is still fully BS.

Last edited:
See if i can remember this. it was printed in a local paper about a month ago.

A billion seconds ago it was 1968.

A billion minutes ago Jesus Christ was alive.

A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the stone age.

A billion Dollars ago was about 8 hours 20 minutes in Washington.
Wow!Imagine a trillion!Obama can!

last year, the interest payment alone, on our cumulative debt that we owe other countries was $350 billion....

the only way to keep us from not having deficits adding to the debt is for our economy to BOOM, INTEREST rate on our existing debt to stay low, to drastically CUT SPENDING, reform SS and Medicare Pill Bill and yes, sadly....to raise taxes.....imo.... quite a combination! anything less than the above, will still add to our debt....

last year, the interest payment alone, on our cumulative debt that we owe other countries was $350 billion....

the only way to keep us from not having deficits adding to the debt is for our economy to BOOM, INTEREST rate on our existing debt to stay low, to drastically CUT SPENDING, reform SS and Medicare Pill Bill and yes, sadly....to raise taxes.....imo.... quite a combination! anything less than the above, will still add to our debt....

I wouldn't mind so much the raising taxes if they would cut the spending at the same time.

CNSNews.com) - In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan

How much was the dollar worth under Washington again?

Got to love so called 'news" pieces by CNS. I notice they stopped at Reagan who tripled the existing debt. Also how they neglected to tell you how the Bush debt of $5 trillion also exceeded all others

Another worthless Conservative propaganda piece

Can't you read? They were very clear that the comparison was for Washington through Reagan - which means that additional debt was run up from the Bush through Bush era.

Can't you read? They were very clear that the comparison was for Washington through Reagan - which means that additional debt was run up from the Bush through Bush era.

Which means what?

Have you seen the national debt during WWII? It was massive when compared to GNP

Why close out your window at a President from 30 years ago?
Why not include Bush in the comparison?

Wingnut propaganda

word,

Forum List

Back