How much has Obama added to the Debt so far? About $100 Billion and shrinking

$1.1 trillion spending bill clears Senate hurdle

massive year-end spending bill has cleared a key obstacle in the Senate.

By a 60-36 vote, the Senate has defeated a GOP procedural move that would have unraveled the $1.1 trillion measure. The bill bundles six spending bills into a more than 1,000-page behemoth.

The bill would finance 10 Cabinet-level agencies for the coming year and help fund the Medicare and Medicaid health care programs for the elderly and poor.

A vote to stop a Republican filibuster is scheduled for Saturday morning. Friday's vote demonstrates that Democrats will have the 60 votes needed do so.

[URL="http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2009/12/11/$11_trillion_spending_bill_clears_senate_hurdle"]source[/URL]

so who was it here that ask where did the trillions come from???? :eusa_whistle:

OK, I'm goinig to put aside the fact that your "source" is Townhall.com, which is a right-wing blog site. (You may as well be using a USMB poster as your "source".)

Instead I'll ask you this: The massive "year-end spending bill" is otherwise known as, what?

Last edited:
The investment firm I work for froze new hiring, merit based raises, and performance bonuses in 2009. We just received notice yesterday that the partners decided to pay out a 2009 bonus to employees. We also learned that in 2010 new hiring will restart, merit based raises return, and the bonus pool will be fully funded.

Things are looking up here.

My boss told me i'll be getting a big 4th quater bonus too :). I've been cranking out the work (not that the amount of time online would make you guys think that i'm busy but i'm really killing last years sales numbers)

You go boyee! Unfortunately my firm decided to make bonus and raise freezes across the board, regardless of performance, so I'm still kinda screwed, but who knows, maybe with things goinig as they are, business will pick up enough next quarter for things to return to normal.

The investment firm I work for froze new hiring, merit based raises, and performance bonuses in 2009. We just received notice yesterday that the partners decided to pay out a 2009 bonus to employees. We also learned that in 2010 new hiring will restart, merit based raises return, and the bonus pool will be fully funded.

Things are looking up here.

My boss told me i'll be getting a big 4th quater bonus too :). I've been cranking out the work (not that the amount of time online would make you guys think that i'm busy but i'm really killing last years sales numbers)

You go boyee! Unfortunately my firm decided to make bonus and raise freezes across the board, regardless of performance, so I'm still kinda screwed, but who knows, maybe with things goinig as they are, business will pick up enough next quarter for things to return to normal.

for your sake I hope they do.

I need your in a good state of mind to argue with :)

Loved this graphic, orignally posted by Jay Canuck in another thread:

bush-budget-2009.jpg

Forum List

Back