How Much Faith Do You Have in the Vote Counting Process?

my concern are the Russians, they hacked in to two known State voter registration systems and stole voter rolls...WHY would they want this info, if it were not to somehow affect our election? Maybe they will find all the dead people on them and vote in their spots via absentee ballot somehow? Maybe they will hack back in and remove democrats from the voter rolls if they had not done so the first time around, making citizens cast provisional ballots which are not even counted for another 2 weeks or so after election day....?

we know one thing, every bit of hacking by them involved in our election like the clinton campaign hacking and the DNC Hacking has been to HURT Democrats and HELP Donald Trump win.....

messing with our votes somehow is not beyond their reach or desires.

Generally the Russians are very practical. They typically don't give a crap about the US, as much as they do with their own interests.

Thus, there are two possibilities. One, the Russian government didn't have anything to do with it. But rather some fringe group of computer nerds screwing around.

Two, they think it will be of some value as fodder against something locally. However, I can't see any possible method the Russians would be able to use this their advantages locally. I doubt it would be of any value at the UN, nor the EU, and certainly not the Ukraine.

There is one crazy third possibility. They might be trying to track down an informant, or a defector in the US. To me that seems even more far fetched, since I would imagine there are better ways of tracking down someone.

This is all based on the assumption that what you are saying is in fact true. Which I can't verify.

I worry that the voting process seems to discourage people from voting as much as possible.

Ironically, I think that's good.

One of the reasons we end up with such horrible choices for politicians, is because the politicians know they can say the dumbest things, do the dumbest actions, and Joe Blow Six-Pack, will vote for them.

The only way we are ever going to get sanity in the election system, is if only smart, informed, dedicated people are voting. As long as the vast ignorant people vote, then literally anyone anywhere can run for office, and as long as they lie through their teeth, they can dupe the public into anything.

The example that remains to this day, as the biggest wake up call for me.... was 2000.

Most of you don't remember this.

Al Gore did something incredible, and amazing at the DNC convention. He in one moment, swung the polls 16 points in his favor. Literally millions of people switched their vote, in a moment.

Do any of you remember what it was? What the amazing argument he gave? What incredible policy choice he announced? Do you remember?

Video: Happy Times: The Great Gore Kiss

Here it is....... he kissed..... his wife.

16 point swing in the poll numbers. Kissing wife. That was his amazing policy. His incredible argument. Kissed.... the wife.

Now.... I'm all for kissing wives. I think that's a great idea.

But this is an election for the president of the United States of America. Do we determine who is going to control the worlds super-power based on whether they kiss their wife on TV?

And the answer is..... YES!

Gore's Summer Surprise

As he arrived at the podium, Gore got the viewers' attention with a passionate kiss. The simple act of kissing his wife may have done more to appeal to undecided women voters than all of Stanley Greenberg's polls and position papers. In a few seconds (it seemed more like a few minutes), Gore had somehow transformed himself from ponderous panderer to sex symbol.​

Now as crazy as that sounds, it is in fact true. Back at that time, I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh, and Rush opened up the phones specifically to ask people why the polls jumped 16 points during that night at the convention. Anyone who changed their minds, should call in and explain why.

Sure enough... call....after call.... after call... of people calling in "Yes the kiss changed my mind! Al Gore is the candidate for me!".

I heard it. I met people who said it.

And you think asking people for voter ID might discourage a few from voting? GOOD! Fantastic. The more stupid people, voting based on idiocracy, the better. Idiocracy isn't just a movie, it's a documentary, and it started in 2000 for me. I watched it happen.

All US citizens in good standing should be able to vote, and it should be made as easy as possible for everyone. Your opinion on who shouldn't vote because of their opinion is undemocratic and unconstitutional. Should Trump voters not be able to vote if they believe some of the lies he peddles? And Clinton voters for the lies she does?

Well then, be happy with the stupidity and corruption that ends up in office.

I don't want to ever hear from you, about how we end up with bad options for government... because you are right here, right now, are defending the reason.

As long as every idiot, has a vote, then you are going to end up with Idiocracy.

I think the whole reason we ended up with Trump and Hillary, is because of Idiocracy.

Every vote of the general public, is a vote of the uninformed. It just is, what it is. That's why we end up with people like Sheila Jackson Lee, asking the people at NASA if the Mars rover would reach where they planted the flag. Or Barney Frank in 2005 claiming on TV "there is no housing bubble!". Or Maxine Waters claiming there is absolutely no problem whatsoever at Freddie Mac, or Fannie Mae, which ended up the largest bailouts of any banks in the country.

How do you end up such mindlessly stupid people in the highest political offices in the land? Idiocracy. And you support it. So I don't want to ever hear you complain about dumb corrupt politicians again. If your cool with that, great. Go and Idiocracy your way into the government stupidity.

So if we limit votes we are better off? Talk about idiocracy and mindlessness you are all about it. You want to limit votes that you deem harmful, and don't even realize that if you have a limit class voting they will be even worse? Are you really that fucking stupid to think only certain classes of voters won't only vote for their best welfare?

Not to mention what you are advocating is not just stupid as all fuck, it is unconstitutional as fuck.

You didn't think this through did you. Or did you just want to ban voting for the plebs all together and let the house of lords make the decisions.

You really are an almost unbelievably stupid and moronic poster. Thank god we don't leave voting to only morons like you.

I worry that the voting process seems to discourage people from voting as much as possible.

One of the reasons we end up with such horrible choices for politicians, is because the politicians know they can say the dumbest things, do the dumbest actions, and Joe Blow Six-Pack, will vote for them.

The only way we are ever going to get sanity in the election system, is if only smart, informed, dedicated people are voting. As long as the vast ignorant people vote, then literally anyone anywhere can run for office, and as long as they lie through their teeth, they can dupe the public into anything.

The example that remains to this day, as the biggest wake up call for me.... was 2000.

Al Gore did something incredible, and amazing at the DNC convention. He in one moment, swung the polls 16 points in his favor. Literally millions of people switched their vote, in a moment.

Do any of you remember what it was? What the amazing argument he gave? What incredible policy choice he announced? Do you remember?

16 point swing in the poll numbers. Kissing wife. That was his amazing policy. His incredible argument. Kissed.... the wife.

But this is an election for the president of the United States of America. Do we determine who is going to control the worlds super-power based on whether they kiss their wife on TV?

Gore's Summer Surprise

As he arrived at the podium, Gore got the viewers' attention with a passionate kiss. The simple act of kissing his wife may have done more to appeal to undecided women voters than all of Stanley Greenberg's polls and position papers. In a few seconds (it seemed more like a few minutes), Gore had somehow transformed himself from ponderous panderer to sex symbol.​

Now as crazy as that sounds, it is in fact true. Back at that time, I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh, and Rush opened up the phones specifically to ask people why the polls jumped 16 points during that night at the convention. Anyone who changed their minds, should call in and explain why.

Sure enough... call....after call.... after call... of people calling in "Yes the kiss changed my mind! Al Gore is the candidate for me!".

And you think asking people for voter ID might discourage a few from voting? GOOD! Fantastic. The more stupid people, voting based on idiocracy, the better. Idiocracy isn't just a movie, it's a documentary, and it started in 2000 for me. I watched it happen.

All US citizens in good standing should be able to vote, and it should be made as easy as possible for everyone. Your opinion on who shouldn't vote because of their opinion is undemocratic and unconstitutional. Should Trump voters not be able to vote if they believe some of the lies he peddles? And Clinton voters for the lies she does?

I don't want to ever hear from you, about how we end up with bad options for government... because you are right here, right now, are defending the reason.

As long as every idiot, has a vote, then you are going to end up with Idiocracy.

I think the whole reason we ended up with Trump and Hillary, is because of Idiocracy.

Every vote of the general public, is a vote of the uninformed. It just is, what it is. That's why we end up with people like Sheila Jackson Lee, asking the people at NASA if the Mars rover would reach where they planted the flag. Or Barney Frank in 2005 claiming on TV "there is no housing bubble!". Or Maxine Waters claiming there is absolutely no problem whatsoever at Freddie Mac, or Fannie Mae, which ended up the largest bailouts of any banks in the country.

How do you end up such mindlessly stupid people in the highest political offices in the land? Idiocracy. And you support it. So I don't want to ever hear you complain about dumb corrupt politicians again. If your cool with that, great. Go and Idiocracy your way into the government stupidity.

So if we limit votes we are better off? Talk about idiocracy and mindlessness you are all about it. You want to limit votes that you deem harmful, and don't even realize that if you have a limit class voting they will be even worse? Are you really that fucking stupid to think only certain classes of voters won't only vote for their best welfare?

Not to mention what you are advocating is not just stupid as all fuck, it is unconstitutional as fuck.

You didn't think this through did you. Or did you just want to ban voting for the plebs all together and let the house of lords make the decisions.

You really are an almost unbelievably stupid and moronic poster. Thank god we don't leave voting to only morons like you.

Actually, the constitution limited votes to business owners. We changed that. We can change it back.

Moreover, the constitution didn't even allow for voting for Federal Office. People were to vote for their representatives at the state. Those officials choose who would be the states Senators, and President.

We changed that. We could change it back.

It's ironic that you mention the plebs. If you don't know your Roman history, it was the rise of the tribune of the plebs, the rise of the voice of common people in the Roman government, that directly led to the destruction of the Republic, and ended with a dictatorship.

Which is exactly what we see going on right now in our country. More and more power being transferred to the Federal government, as more and more politicians sway the masses with empty talk, and grand claims.

Gore's Summer Surprise

Actually, the constitution limited votes to business owners. We changed that. We can change it back.

Moreover, the constitution didn't even allow for voting for Federal Office. People were to vote for their representatives at the state. Those officials choose who would be the states Senators, and President.

It's ironic that you mention the plebs. If you don't know your Roman history, it was the rise of the tribune of the plebs, the rise of the voice of common people in the Roman government, that directly led to the destruction of the Republic, and ended with a dictatorship.

Which is exactly what we see going on right now in our country. More and more power being transferred to the Federal government, as more and more politicians sway the masses with empty talk, and grand claims.

We aren't changing any of that because most everyone isn't as mind numbingly stupid as you are.

Gore's Summer Surprise

We ended up with Clinton as a candidate because of back room deals among the Democratic leadership, but we have Trump as a candidate because no other potential candidate was bold enough to to directly address important issues voters are concerned about.

After the Election Dust Settles, Will the Results Be Accurate?

I'm torn. Remember the “chads” thing? Examining actual ballots to determine their veracity? Where is that now. I know the voting machines here in Nevada actually have a printed list of votes in case of a recount. But other states? How happy are you with the way ballots are cast in your state?

In an age of digital and online voting, there is no way to know if the announced results of any given election faithfully express the intent of the voters. This is not only because digitized voting machines can be hacked or manipulated. The fact is, modernday ballots are not available as public documents — even after elections.

Story @ How Much Faith Do You Have in the Vote Counting Process? - WhoWhatWhy

So you are starting the conspiracy theory already and the first debate has not been held yet? REALLY?

Zero - none - nil - nada

I have no doubt we can count ... I seriously doubt what we count reflects the will of the people.

Oh, unless Comrade Trump wins, of course...Then it is Dead On Accurate!

What nonsense. Was there any mention of wavering on my distrust of the way the voting process is manipulated?

Maybe you need to grow up .... or go sit at the kid's table.

Gore's Summer Surprise

We aren't changing any of that because most everyone isn't as mind numbingly stupid as you are.

Well, then you get what you get.

When a politician can kiss his wife, and swing 16% of the voters..... well.... then you deserve what you get when you vote.

It's funny you call me stupid, yet I watched 16% of the public change their vote based on a kiss.....?

But it's all good. I didn't expect you to be wise enough to consider the problem rationally.

Ah, the sweet sound of conservatives making excuses for losing.

It means they know how badly they're going to lose.

Yes, actually. I think in the long run, the United States will end up in a left-wing oppressive authoritarian dictatorship. I think ultimately we will end up like the Soviet Union destroyed by poverty and secret police, under the guise of left-wingers claiming it is for the public good.

Now I doubt it will happen just yet.... but I totally agree with you... you will win, and you will destroy yourselves and everyone you drag down to ruins with you.

Hugo Chavez for America. If you doubt that, just consider Jeremy Corbyn. Venezuela is right on the edge, if not into the abyss of a failed state, with rampant food riots, crime, and nation wide power outages. All started by Hugo Chavez in 2005, who announced the future of Venezuela was "Socialism for the 21st Century".

Jeremy Corbyn just last week announced his plans for the UK was Socialism for the 21st Century.

Apparently completely ruining Venezuela, once the leading economy in all South America.... wasn't enough.

and I have no doubt the left-wing in America will destroy the US too. It will happen. I'm convinced. Don't know when.... but you guys will destroy this country, no doubt in my mind.

The GOP has control of both the house and the senate. The GOP controls most state legislatures ( which do the counting, by the way ). How is it that so many "conservatives" point at democrats and clam tha they cheat the count?

Ya fucking idiots.

Well, then you get what you get.

When a politician can kiss his wife, and swing 16% of the voters..... well.... then you deserve what you get when you vote.

It's funny you call me stupid, yet I watched 16% of the public change their vote based on a kiss.....?

But it's all good. I didn't expect you to be wise enough to consider the problem rationally.

You ALWAYS get what you deserve ... whether it's what you wanted or not.

The GOP has control of both the house and the senate. The GOP controls most state legislatures ( which do the counting, by the way ). How is it that so many "conservatives" point at democrats and clam tha they cheat the count?

Ya fucking idiots.

That argument isn't logical. Cheating is the act of individuals. Possibly groups of individuals, but individuals nonetheless.

The example of voter fraud include people driving to different polling stations, and voting multiple times. Filing false absentee ballots and mailing them in.

The problem generally isn't at the counting of ballots, but rather the sending of ballots. Yes, Republicans generally have control of some states, and are in oversight of the ballot counting process.

How does that stop hundreds of fraudulent ballots being sent in? How does that stop people voting at the poll, with fake IDs, and using the names of dead people?

After the Election Dust Settles, Will the Results Be Accurate?

I'm torn. Remember the “chads” thing? Examining actual ballots to determine their veracity? Where is that now. I know the voting machines here in Nevada actually have a printed list of votes in case of a recount. But other states? How happy are you with the way ballots are cast in your state?

In an age of digital and online voting, there is no way to know if the announced results of any given election faithfully express the intent of the voters. This is not only because digitized voting machines can be hacked or manipulated. The fact is, modernday ballots are not available as public documents — even after elections.

Story @ How Much Faith Do You Have in the Vote Counting Process? - WhoWhatWhy

unless a vote is very close, we are good at counting. where we fail is in cases like florida in 2000 where the powers that be (e.g., jeb bush's appointee, katherine harris and scalia and his boys) can warp the outcome.

what i am pretty sure about is you shouldn't get your "opinions" and/or "news" from a conspiracy theorist who in his head thinks there are connections between daddy bush, watergate and the assassination of jfk

i do love how rightwingners are trying to disrupt our entire system of government.

now tell us again how you're patriots, please.

It's practically a miracle that GWB became president over efforts of the fawning liberal media and crooked Democrats.

At 7:48 PM, with polls still open in the Florida Panhandle, NBC became the first network to project that Gore had won Florida.” Two minutes later, at 7:50 PM, CNN’s Judy Woodruff proclaimed, “A big call to make. CNN announces that we call Florida in the Al Gore column.” Bernard Shaw chimed in, gleefully, saying, “Can you think of the agony and the anguish unfurling in the Bush camp and the Bush family?”

One by one, the networks called Gore the winner in Florida. Under the circumstances, many Bush voters in the western counties didn’t bother to vote, even though the polls in those counties were still open. Many simply turned around and went back home.

Because of the closeness of the race, the Florida recount slowly descended into chaos. For weeks afterward, the American people sat glued to their television sets as Florida’s county and precinct canvassers could be seen inspecting “butterfly” ballots, checking to see if the now-famous “chads” were dimpled, dangling, or completely punched through, while Gore’s high-priced lawyers urged the Democrat-dominated Florida Supreme Court to order recounts in just four of Florida’s most heavily Democratic counties. Had they been allowed to proceed with that plan the election would have been over. History tells us that once Democrats get their hands on the ballot boxes in a recount, they rarely lose.

But it was the drama taking place behind the scenes, in the darker recesses of American politics where Democrats do what they do best, that was most appalling to Republicans and to other fair-minded people. Realizing that military people normally vote heavily Republican, Democratic election law attorney, Mark Herron, distributed a five-page letter to the Gore organization and to Democratic organizations all across Florida, instructing them on the many ways that overseas military absentee ballots could be challenged. The letter was distributed on November 15 when Bush was still leading by a razor-thin margin of 300 votes.

As Herron indicated in his letter, State and Federal law provided for the counting of qualified overseas absentee ballots for up to ten days after the day of the election. However, he continued, “You are being asked to review these overseas absentee ballots to make a determination whether acceptance by the supervisor of elections and/or the county canvassing board is legal under Florida law. A challenge to these ballots must be made prior to the time that the ballot is removed from the mailing envelope…”

If the Democrats demonstrated anything that night, it is that they have no soul. There is no political act more despicable than to deny the right to vote to the best and brightest of our young people… those who are overseas, risking their lives, wearing the uniforms of the U.S. armed forces. But that’s what the Democrats did in Florida in 2000.

Absolutely zero faith in the current system

that's because you've gone insane

dumb donald's impact on the legitimacy of this system is going to be felt for a long time because of his loons.

Arcan Cetin, an immigrant from Turkey, shot and killed five people at a mall in Washington state. Cetin is a green card holder and not a U.S. citizen, and therefore not able to legally vote–but somehow was able to vote in the last three elections, including the presidential primary in May. Washington does not verify citizenship during voter registration.

How loony is it to think Cetin is a registered Democrat.

Last edited:
All the RWNJs is doing is trying to call into question the legitimacy of the upcoming Clinton Administration.

They did this with their racist birther innuendo but since that is off the table, they have to come up with something else.

Its as pathetic as it is shameless.

All the RWNJs is doing is trying to call into question the legitimacy of the upcoming Clinton Administration.

They did this with their racist birther innuendo but since that is off the table, they have to come up with something else.

The Birthers began not on the right, but on the left.

Investigations revealed that the Birther conspiracy theory was first concocted by renegade members of the original Obama haters, Party Unity My Ass, known more commonly by their acronym, the PUMAs. They were a splinter group of hard-core Hillary Clinton supporters who did not want to give up the ghost after the bitter 50-state Bataan Death March to the 2008 Democratic nomination.

In the early summer of '08, message boards on sites like PUMAParty.combegan lighting up with the ultimate reversal-of-fortune fantasy—that their party's nomination could be overturned on constitutional grounds. "Obama May Be Illegal to Be Elected President!" read one representative e-mail: "This came from a USNA [U.S. Naval Academy] alumnus. It'll be interesting to see how the media handle this...WRITE TO YOUR LOCAL newspaper editors etc. Keep this out there everyday possible. Also write to the DNC too!"

The 'Birthers' Began on the Left

Investigations revealed that the Birther conspiracy theory was first concocted by renegade members of the original Obama haters, Party Unity My Ass, known more commonly by their acronym, the PUMAs. They were a splinter group of hard-core Hillary Clinton supporters who did not want to give up the ghost after the bitter 50-state Bataan Death March to the 2008 Democratic nomination.

In the early summer of '08, message boards on sites like PUMAParty.combegan lighting up with the ultimate reversal-of-fortune fantasy—that their party's nomination could be overturned on constitutional grounds. "Obama May Be Illegal to Be Elected President!" read one representative e-mail: "This came from a USNA [U.S. Naval Academy] alumnus. It'll be interesting to see how the media handle this...WRITE TO YOUR LOCAL newspaper editors etc. Keep this out there everyday possible. Also write to the DNC too!"

Been debunked 800 times or so but then again so has the bullshit about the moon landings, 9/11 being an inside job, and most other conspiracies.

The germain topic is that up until last month, Trump--the GOP nomination in 2016--still held that Obama was born outside of the USA. Regardless of the source of nonsense, when you have a major party nominee who still believes it and parrots it....it speaks volumes about their intellect and not so racist hidden agenda

Been debunked 800 times or so but then again so has the bullshit about the moon landings, 9/11 being an inside job, and most other conspiracies.

The germain topic is that up until last month, Trump--the GOP nomination in 2016--still held that Obama was born outside of the USA. Regardless of the source of nonsense, when you have a major party nominee who still believes it and parrots it....it speaks volumes about their intellect and not so racist hidden agenda

I would encourage everyone to at least read to the end. At least read what I found.

You are way too gullible. The left-wing elite could tell you anything, and you would just dutifully repeat it.

Reminds me of a Washington insider who in late 1990s, wrote an article about how bafflingly easy it was for the politicians to easily manipulate the public, and convince them of whatever they wanted.

First, it is beyond question or doubt that the Clinton Campaign did in fact circulate e-mails around that Obama was Muslim, and that he was born outside the US.

We know this because Mark Penn openly proposed such a tactic in December 2007. Moreover, we know that one volunteer who failed to cover their tracks, had an email traced back to them directly at the Hillary Campaign.

Then I decided to look at exactly what information we have to suggest that Hillary was not the origin of the birther movement.

Turns out the only claim, posed by of course, Snoops, the most left-wing fact checking site there is.... claims that the earliest mention of the birther movement was from the Free Republic web site.

Is this true? Well.... we don't know. There is no web site that catalogs and documents anonymously sent emails. So looking a google search, when we already know the information was spread via Email, is not just ignorant and stupid... but flat out dishonest. Which of course is exactly what we expect from both Hillary, and thus her supporters.

You are not just dumb, and ignorant... you are just flat out all liars.

But let us continue! So I went to the Free Republic web site, and sure enough, as they said, there was a post saying:
"Also that Obama’s mother gave birth to him overseas and then immediately flew into Hawaii and registered his birth as having taken place in Hawaii.
Again, any clarifications on this?"

Now as you might guess from the question, this was not an article. The Free Republic has many reposted articles. But otherwise, it's simply a forum, just like this is a forum. Anyone can join the forum, just like anyone can join this forum. And the people can post anything, just like people here can post anything.

So citing the Free Republic as being the originator of the birther movement, is as dumb as claiming USMB was the originator.

Moreover, the person who posted the article, didn't say where he heard the comment from. It is entirely possible that he may have received one of the forwarded Hillary Campaign Emails, and asked about it. The date of the post was March 2008. The Hillary Campaign started their email circulation in December of 2007. So four months after the Email campaign against Obama started, one post shows up on Free Republic.

How does this prove anything? Except that a bias fact checking cite, can always find some lame excuse to defend their moronic position.

But wait, there's more! You might find this interesting.

I read the post, and then notice the thread name. The title of the thread was "Pin the Middle Name on the Obama". It was a joke thread, where people made up fake middle names to give to Obama.

So here a guy was asking "I heard Obama was born outside the US. Is that true?" in middle of a 500 post thread on making up joke names for Obama. Moreover, I noticed that no one seemed to even notice his post was there. Few if any, even responded to it.

That got me wondering. I remembered that in 2004, a DNC campaigner posted fake posts onto right-wing websites. What better way to hide the origins of a rumor, than to post it on an opposition web site.

The name of the individual who made the post was FARS. When I punched up his information, there was simply a picture of a flag, and a half dozen links, all of which were bad. Not one single link worked. Then I noticed he had an email address to a website called antimullah.com

I then did a whois check, and found that antimullah.com was closed, but I could look up the registration.

Now get this..... Can't make this stuff up. antimullah.com was registered to a business in Denver Colorado in 2007. The company had it's info private, but it still listed a street address, which happens to belong to Diablo Media, an advertising agency.... and interestingly... less than ten minutes drive from the Pepsi Center.... Which is where the Democratic National Convention was held, just 5 months later.

So let me get this straight...............

Just five months before the DNC Convention, someone with an address at an advertising agency, in Denver Colorado, just 10 minutes away from the DNC convention, creates their own website, registers a domain name, creates a profile on the Free Republic forum, posts a bunch of links on profile page, posts at most 2 or 3 posts about Obama being born outside the US.... then closes out everything, none of the links work, closes the Email, shuts down his own web site, and disappears forever.

This..... THIS.... is proof to a left-winger that it was Republicans who started the birther movement. Yeah..... YEAH! Oh yeah.... :alcoholic: Completely convinced over here. Yup.

Could all that be coincidence? Sure. Honesty first... it could be coincidence. Could a different company have been at that address in the past 8 years? Sure. Absolutely.

But to take the evidence we have, and say this proves the birther movement didn't start with Hillary... no. No. Sorry. Not even close. Way too many questionable 'coincidences' for you to claim you know it wasn't the DNC.

Forum List

Back