CDZ How much evidence is needed to presume guilt?

Thats pretty much the same thing I said except I reject that notion. An accusation by definition is unproven. You can make accusations all day but that doesnt mean they have any evidence. Since this instance with Kav had nothing to do with a court case there was no presumption of innocence that should have been afforded. Quite the contrary. When you go for a job interview there is no presumption you can do the job (innocence). You have to prove you can do the job to the satisfaction of the person hiring you.

Again for the hard of reading comprehension. I never said accusation equals quilt. I said its a matter of merit. Do the claims have merit? This is a judgement call that requires zero evidence.

Ford's claims have 0 'merit'......And now, behold yet another new Democrat talking point. ^^^^^^ :abgg2q.jpg: BTW his judicial record shows he can do the job and 6 FBI investigations uphold that fact.
Fords claims have great merit which is why the WH didnt allow the FBI to speak to her or Kav. I'm not a Dem so dont make up excuses as to why your logic is faulty.

When you feel crushed but you cant think of a coherent response. ^^^ :laugh:
...you use emoji's/smilies
I want you to know and understand I am laughing at you being so flustered you couldnt reply coherently.
laugh.gif

Fords claims have great merit which is why the WH didnt allow the FBI to speak to her or Kav. I'm not a Dem so dont make up excuses as to why your logic is faulty.
No ones buying that, it's parrot speak
No one asked you buy anything. Its just facts. Its up to you to convince yourself....or not.

faux facts
You only get faux facts from Faux News.

Yes Faux News....NBC, CBS, ABC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC......etc.

No ones buying that, it's parrot speak
No one asked you buy anything. Its just facts. Its up to you to convince yourself....or not.

faux facts
You only get faux facts from Faux News.

Yes Faux News....NBC, CBS, ABC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC......etc.
Correct Faux News is the one you get faux facts from. The others are pretty good sources except MSNBC.

As if you didn't know, I am referring to the accusation of sexual misconduct levied by Christine Blasey Ford against SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh. Obviously, as things stand now there is no criminal case, it's nothing more than he said she said. After 36 years. She can't remember the date the alleged attack took place, supposedly isn't even sure of the year. Doesn't remember where the event took place, or how she got there. Didn't tell anybody about it at the time, not her parents or closest friends. And the only witnesses say it never happened, except for herself. And to this day we have not yet seen the letter that was sent to Diane Feinstein and the Washington Post.

So, I'm not seeing any evidence here to support her story. Maybe it happened as she said, and maybe it didn't as he said, but are we really going to presume guilt based on nothing more than an unverifiable accusation from 36 years ago? Is that all it takes these days to disqualify somebody from a job? Ok, so the seat on the SCOTUS is not just any job cuz it's for life, although I believe it is possible to impeach a SCOTUS judge. But I am not sure that an unverifiable accusation with no supporting evidence should be enough to vote down the confirmation.

We know there are cases in the past where a woman has accused someone of sexual misconduct, and subsequent investigation has determined the charge to be a lie. Everyone should understand that such cases do some damage to the issue; when such cases reach national attention and are found out to be false then it makes it harder for most people to believe the stories that are true. In addition to that, when we see the Democrats pillorying Kavanaugh for the same thing that Bill Clinton was accused of 20 years ago and excused by the media and the Democratic Party, it has to undermine the credibility of both institutions.

Have we reached the point where a person's reputation and career can be ruined by unfounded accusations, purely for political purposes? Mrs Ford is an Anti-Trump, a true blue lib/dem. And some of them can be pretty extreme and even radical, like the guy who showed up at a GOP baseball practice and started shooting at Repubs, seriously wounding Steve Scalese. We know that both Ford and Kavanaugh and their families have received death threats and other threats of violence, the rhetoric from the Democrats may well stir up some wingnut to do something extreme. Based on nothing more than one woman's accusation of an event that may have taken place 36 years ago. This isn't the way it used to be, and it sure as hell isn't the way this country ought to be governed.

"Have we reached the point where a person's reputation and career can be ruined by unfounded accusations, purely for political purposes?"

Like hillary selling babies out of pizza shops without providing breadsticks or dipping sauce?

do you mean unfounded accusations like THAT?

Forum List

Back