How Much do You Poo During Your Lifetime?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
You read that right! How much poo do you generate!

How much do people poo in their lives? Scientists provide a comprehensive breakdown and the results will surprise you!

Average woman living to 81 will produce an astonishing 25,920lbs (11,757kg)

Due to men typically dying at 76, they create less at around 24,320lbs (11,030kg)

Over a year, the average adult's stool production weighs more than a panda

In a day, adults create 14oz (400g), which adds up to 6lbs (2.8kg) in a week

Human stool production occurs at a rate of approximately 2cm every second

This study comes from The University of California, San Diego. Again, how much of YOUR tax money did this cost? [The article @ Scientists uncover how much the average person poos in their life | Daily Mail Online doesn't say.]

Honestly, why would anyone over the age of 12 ever use the word, "poo"?

Stool.

Feces.

Shit.

The more interesting thing about these statistics is, what is to be done with all of that waste material.

Consider: we have not only humans, but a planet full of living creatures, all of which are generating relatively similar amounts of biological waste, continually, for eons! And yet we are not drowning in it. SOMEHOW, the earth manages to break this material down and neutralize it - even render it beneficial. And don't forget, modern wastewater treatment is a relatively new phenomenon.

The answer is that modern wastewater treatment is, for the most part, just an accelerated version of the natural chemical and biological processes, breaking down the harmful stuff and making it harmless.

I always laugh at the public panic when a wastewater (shit) plant breaks down, or there is an overflow into The River. People are horror-stricken by the prospect of "untreated wastewater" polluting our pristine waters. Where do they think our ancestors put their shit for the past million years? Into the ground or into the nearest estuary. Where the naturally-occurring bacteria "treat" it and eventually render it harmless.

Environmental alarmists in New York in the 1880's projected that by 1950, Manhattan would be covered in a 10-foot layer of horse droppings. They were right.

How much do people poo in their lives? Scientists provide a comprehensive breakdown and the results will surprise you!

Due to men typically dying at 76, they create less at around 24,320lbs (11,030kg)

This study comes from The University of California, San Diego. Again, how much of YOUR tax money did this cost? [The article @ Scientists uncover how much the average person poos in their life | Daily Mail Online doesn't say.]

I'd guess the amount you poo is slightly less than the amount you eat.

I'd guess the amount you poo is slightly less than the amount you eat.
I'd guess that the amount of poo in your head = the amount that you eat.

Honestly, why would anyone over the age of 12 ever use the word, "poo"?

Stool.

Feces.

Shit.

The more interesting thing about these statistics is, what is to be done with all of that waste material.

Consider: we have not only humans, but a planet full of living creatures, all of which are generating relatively similar amounts of biological waste, continually, for eons! And yet we are not drowning in it. SOMEHOW, the earth manages to break this material down and neutralize it - even render it beneficial. And don't forget, modern wastewater treatment is a relatively new phenomenon.

The answer is that modern wastewater treatment is, for the most part, just an accelerated version of the natural chemical and biological processes, breaking down the harmful stuff and making it harmless.

I always laugh at the public panic when a wastewater (shit) plant breaks down, or there is an overflow into The River. People are horror-stricken by the prospect of "untreated wastewater" polluting our pristine waters. Where do they think our ancestors put their shit for the past million years? Into the ground or into the nearest estuary. Where the naturally-occurring bacteria "treat" it and eventually render it harmless.

Environmental alarmists in New York in the 1880's projected that by 1950, Manhattan would be covered in a 10-foot layer of horse droppings. They were right.

Shit is good for the Earth. It's a fertilizer. That's why I empty my cat's litter box into the neighbor's yard. Just doing my part for the neighborhood.

Forum List

Back